Back in the hospital with Caden

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 23rd, 2010, 11:02 AM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
Hey girls - just wanted to let you all know I'm going to be a little missing for a few days again - Last night Caden started throwing up so we took him to the ER and he was readmitted. We're not sure whats going at this point but Robyn knows about as much as I do. I'm confident the little guy is going to be okay but I hate to see him going through it all again. I'm hoping we just might get to come home tomorrow (a week from when we were released the first time, ha!)

Sorry to keep up and going - I haven't slept since sunday night/monday so I'm too exhausted to drag my laptop with at this point and hopefully will be a little more reliable soon! If you could keep my little guy (and Parker, too, don't want him catching any hospital cooties) in your thoughts it would be very much appreciated ::

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart
March 23rd, 2010, 12:29 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Keeping Caden and your family in my thoughts and prayers!

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

March 24th, 2010, 08:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry your little guy is in the hospital! Thoughts and prayers to him!

Thank you to the wonderful ladies who mad the blinkies!

"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude..... These experiences, while often difficult to bear at the time, are percisely the kinds of experiences that stretch our understanding, build our character and increase our compassion for others."
March 24th, 2010, 12:45 PM
SAHM and scrappymommy
Carrie you and Caden are in my thoughts. I hope he is feeling better by now and he can soon go back to being a healthy little boy.
March 24th, 2010, 11:51 PM
Caden came home but we ended up back in ER tonight. he is currently in surgery again

March 25th, 2010, 11:27 AM
SAHM and scrappymommy
Oh no Carrie....do they have any idea as to what is going on?
March 25th, 2010, 12:14 PM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh, goodness. Bless his heart. I hope this surgery helps. Thinking of your family, Carrie. Big hugs!

March 25th, 2010, 04:30 PM
Hey girls in a huge hurry but i just posted an update in my DDC so here it is copy and pasted.

ALso, amanda, I just remembered I completely forgot to mail out your prize (we've been here since monday basically) so its going to be a little late - sooo sorry!

update:
We've basically been here since Monday - its been really rough. I'm worried about my supply due to stress, lack of sleep (7 hrs in 3 days), etc so I just popped on one of the hospital compuers to grabe the lactation cookie recipie and MIL is going to make me a batch (and I've started fenugreek to be safe - any other tips welcome) and thought I'd update.

Everything was going great and then Monday night Caden started throwing up so I took him into the ER - they did an ultrasound and xray which didn't show anything - we considered a CT but wanted to avoid it if necessary due to the radiation. Caden was admitted for observation and was doing great! We had a rough patch Tuesday morning but that was more due to them trying to make him give a urine sample and he'd rather let his bladder explode but I finally got it. Anyway...

Yesterday he was doing great, drs couldn't believe how great he looked and we were released around 1:30pm. Once we got home he started saying his belly hurt and I knew we were going back. I hoped it was just gas and it wasn't in bad pain and everyone just said watch him but I knew. by 7pm I had enough and called the surgeon and at 8pm we decided to take him back to the ER to have the CT scan done.

The CT scan showed a small bowel obstruction and he needed emergency surgery. The hope was that it was a simple adhesion they could snip and be done - sadly that wasn't the case. They had to fully open my little boy up and remove part of his bowel I have got different answers from different people from exactly what happened but the basic is that something didn't heal right and adhesions or whatever caused one part of the bowel to loop around and connect to another part and will all the inflamation it closed the bowel off at that point. The surgeon did get it undone but with all the inflamation and how the bowel was acting he was worried we'd end up in here for a third surgery so he removed that part (several inches) of Caden's bowel. He has promised me this is the end of it and I pray he is right. My little boy has been through too much - his belly is all sliced up, 3 admittances and 2 surgeries in 1.5 weeks.

He is in a lot of pain - the morphine isn't doing too much it seems. We did get him up and walking a little just now and it seemed to help.

Sorry for typos - no sleep and no spell check on the hospital computer, boo to IE! And I think I hear Parker fussing so I should get back into the Ped wing.

Please keep Caden in your thoughts and prayers - we are all at the end of our ropes and some moments I wonder.. I don't know. We're doing okay though.

March 25th, 2010, 05:04 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh wow Carrie!! I really hope the surgeon is right and Caden doesn't have to go through any more. Makes me want to cry that he has had to go through all of that. Still keeping Caden and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Really hope he gets to feeling better soon!!

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

March 25th, 2010, 05:15 PM
SAHM and scrappymommy
Carrie I am hoping and sending positive thoughts that this is it for Caden. The poor boy has been through so much. I hope he is on his way to recovering. Sending you lots of hugs and healing thoughts.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search