needing to get back into scrapping

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 29th, 2010, 09:17 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Hey ladies. I really want/need to get back into my scrapbooking. I just keep falling further and further behind. What do you do to help you get going again? My scrap area is a disaster so that doesn't help. I bought some fun new papers with pictures in mind and just set them on the table and haven't looked at them since. I need to get motivated but the thought of organizing everything seems a little scary and daunting. Any suggestions or advice would be great. Thanks.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

March 30th, 2010, 05:42 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My scrapping area is a mess too!! I am still trying to get organized from moving. I have just been trying to clean up a little at a time (I try to put whatever I work with away where it belongs when I am done scrapping for the day). Definitely come join us for the April crop!!! The March crop definitely got me motivated to start scrapping again. I think I am going to make a motivation jar to help me out when I am in a scrapping block. I will write down different challenges and print off different sketches, fold them up and put them in a jar. Then when I am having a block, I can just draw a paper out of the jar and try to complete the sketch or challenge written on it.

I don't think one ever catches up with their scrapbooking. I have 3 years worth to scrap in DD's book, the rest of DH and my wedding, DH and my honeymoon and all of our family vacations, and 5 years worth that goes in my dance studio book.

Hope to see you at the April crop!!!

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

March 30th, 2010, 05:48 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
That jar idea is neat. How do you join a crop? How do they work? I have never done an online crop.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

March 31st, 2010, 09:13 AM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
Hi Jessi and welcome! Iím Carrie and one of your co-hosts . I have 2 little boys, Caden (3) and Parker (2.5mo) and have been scrapping for a while now. I go though down periods, too, and usually just get bitten by the bug at random and start scrapping again. Iím always finding lots of inspiration from the ladies on the board as well as some fun new supplies are sure to get me back in the mood . Organization is a big thing for me, too, though no matter how well I organize things within a few hours of playing my area is a mess again! I bought a few of the organizers at Michaels that really helped and then Iíve used everything from Rubbermaid type organizers to baby food jars to store my embellishments. The biggest thing to help me stay organized is putting this away and cleaning up my space after each page I finish, but that doesnít always happen!

The crops are a great way to get back into things, too, and I hope youíll join us for Aprilís! The basics of the crop and how things work have been covered in this thread:
http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...l#post19386121 (Cyber Crop Information)

But please feel free to as any additional questions you might have

Hope to see you around more and canít wait to see some of your pages!!!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search