Cricut

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 2nd, 2010, 08:39 PM
Sonshine1296's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi! I'm pretty new here and have re-discovered my love for scrapbooking. I am debating buying the Cricut machine not the expressions one as I cannot afford it and have no room for that size.
How many of you use the Cricut and what are your opinions on it?
Thanks in advance.

April 2nd, 2010, 09:02 PM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
Hello and welcome!! I’m Carrie, Mom to Caden, 3, and Parker 2.5 months. I have the expression but I started out with the original cricut and loved it. I only “upgraded” to the expression because my original machine started to give me problems (and then stopped once I bought the expression, of course!). Having owned both the original was enough for my needs - I love the expression and the expanded capabilities I have with it, but for the majority of my scrapping and such the original worked just fine for me and had it not given me issues I’d be fine with it still. With the expression I have the ability to cut larger cards and envelopes in addition to bags and boxes which is nice, but with everything going on I haven’t had much time to do that so I think starting out with the original cricut will suit you fine. Especially now that you can get such a great price on it - I’ve seen it as low as $80 recently!

I say go for it! Lots of ladies here have one and I haven’t come across anyone who doesn’t love their bug I know getting my original one really got me back into scrapping a lot more and I use it on the majority of my pages.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart
April 2nd, 2010, 09:37 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi and welcome!! My name is Kelsey, DH is Jason, DD is Kendra, and 1 on the way due in June. I have been scrapping off and on for about 5-6 years and just got a cricut (the small one) for Christmas. I absolutely love it!! It has made titling my pages so much easier. There are also so many other cute things that you can cut out and put on your page. I would definitely say go for it too!!

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

April 3rd, 2010, 07:30 AM
2bluesandapink's Avatar Addicted to Gymbo!
Send a message via AIM to 2bluesandapink
I got it for Christmas and have never used it. I'm confused by it and can't figure out how to work it. Sad huh? Right now it's just a paperweight.

To be honest though, I haven't put much time into it. If I did, I'm sure I could figure it out.

Want to earn some extra funds for yourself? Try joining Swagbucks. I was totally skeptical about "free money" but I finally joined and I'm glad I did!! PM me for me info or click here to join! No strings attached!
April 3rd, 2010, 10:16 AM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love it. but my opinion is to hold out for the create. If you look online (I'll see if I can find where I ordered mine) you can find sales for less than $80 (which is less than the origional is at joannes fabric on sale)

(every couple weeks that I've seen they have the create for 75.00)

Specials CricutMachine.com

and for carts if you watch ebay you can get a lot them at buyit now prices of less than $30

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
April 3rd, 2010, 11:45 AM
Sonshine1296's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The create is different than expressions right? How so? I will have to look it up.

April 3rd, 2010, 04:28 PM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The differance is the personal cutter can cut 12 different sizes; ranging from 1" to 5-1/2"

create allows cuts from 0.25" up to 11.5"also includes an eight-way directional blade, Portrait mode (to cut taller images), Fit to Page mode (to cut the largest cut possible), Auto Fill mode (to mass produce cuts), Center Point function, and Flip function. An improved display screen and sleek design add greater style and convenience.

I love my create. it can only cut on a 6x12 mat, thats where you get into the expressions it can go up to 12 by 12 and I'm sure other neat feautres as well

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."

Last edited by C&K'sMama; April 3rd, 2010 at 04:33 PM.
April 3rd, 2010, 07:07 PM
SAHM and scrappymommy
I have the baby bug and I love it!! I use it often (mostly for my page titles). I do plan on upgrading to the expression but am holding out for a good sale.

I guess it all depends what you are looking to use it for. If you just want it for doing your titles the original one is fine. If you want to do more then having the create or expression is what you would probably want to go with.
April 10th, 2010, 04:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have the original Cricut, and I LOVE it! I really want the Expression, though, although this is the first I've heard of the "Create," and now I think I might want that one! But, convincing my husband I need another expensive machine (we bought it when it first came out for $169), might be a little too hard.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search