Wednesday Reviews!

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 7th, 2010, 12:17 PM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
Tell us all about your favorite (or least favorite!) adhesives!!! Not the most glamorous of the scrapbooking supplies but definitely a necessity

……

My favorite overall would probably be my zig glue pen - I use it on most of my paper piecings and I’ve found it works great for gluing down the small letters and such that I cut with my cricut. I always have at least 2 on hand

For tape runners I really like the Scrapbook adhesive runners - nice price, works great, not messy. I also have some cheapos I bought at walmart - 2 refills for $2.50 I think. Also work well and great price but they don’t last very long.

I have a Scotch brand one, too, but dislike it. They are pricey imo and goop up and become a pain to apply.

I also have a glue glider pro which I love but I dislike that I haven’t yet been able to find the refills locally.

Then I have my Xyron 900 - the little one (150) I love for ribbons and I <3 my 900 lots, but since its so big it is wasteful for small items. I use my 900 a lot for card fronts, invitations, etc. Anything that is being sent out into the world I tend to use my 900 on a lot

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart
April 7th, 2010, 05:13 PM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hated the Zig glue pen!! I constantly had to re-glue stuff when I used it. I use the Scotch brand glue for larger paper and really like it. It can get a little goopy, but I've found if I store it on it's side, it's not so bad. For my photos, I use the Herma Dotto tape runner thing. I like it, but it can be a pain to load. You can get it at Target or Walmart. I use my Xyron 150 for most of my titles and love it!

April 7th, 2010, 05:31 PM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
MIL hates the zig glue pen, too I've always had awesome success with it though! She was using it one time and the glue just poured out on her so she has never been willing to try it again!

I like the scotch glue, too - just not the runner. If I cleaned it out better it would probably work nicer, but I just think there are better runners for my $ I guess. I'll have to check out the Herma next time I'm at Target/Walmart!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart
April 7th, 2010, 06:12 PM
SAHM and scrappymommy
For tape runners I have used the creative memories one which I love! However I don't know anyone who sells it now and it was a pain having to order it.

I am currently using the Tombo tape runner (removable one) and I do like it but I seem to be going through it really quickly. I bought the refillable one so I can at least go and get the refills at Michaels for 40% off with the coupon.

I also have the Tombo liquid glue which I love! Only thing with that is it can be permanent. I bought the stuff that you can remove but I have never tried that to see if it works. The other liquid glue I use is Zip Dry. I use that mainly when making cards.

Carrie - can you tell me a bit about the glue glider pro. They have it at my LSS and I have contemplated buying it but didn't want to spend the money and have it be something I hate.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search