How Was Your Day??

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 9th, 2010, 07:35 PM
*ScrappyMom*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to *ScrappyMom* Send a message via MSN to *ScrappyMom* Send a message via Yahoo to *ScrappyMom*
So, were you spoiled? Did you get to sleep in? Breakfast in bed? Get an amazing surprise?? Spill the dirt!!!

I almost got to sleep in, until I remembered that Anson's hockey equipment was in the washer & he had practice today!! Then we went to my inlaws, for brunch with DH's brother that is in town. I got a weather station from DH & the boys (I'm a nerd like that & have been lusting after one for a while now, haha). Now, I'm just watching TV & hanging out!

Custom crochet hats for you & your little ones!
Check out my FB Group!!

May 9th, 2010, 08:22 PM
SAHM and scrappymommy
Sounds like an awesome day!

Mine was great. The kids woke me up yelling Happy Mothers Day (which was cute) and then they made breakfast for me. My gifts were beautiful. They then cleaned up (even swept). I then went shopping on my own with my Michaels gift card while Travis cleaned out the laundry room and did the laundry. We finished it off with dinner at Boston Pizza and took my mom along with us. The restaurant gave both my Mom and I tulips that I plan on planting in my backyard once it warms up enough. Logan was great all day and had no tantrums. Just lots of hugs and kisses for me.
May 9th, 2010, 09:16 PM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My day was okay. Chris had every intention of handling the girls all day so I could scrap, but the girls had other ideas. They were ROTTEN! After her nap, even though she wuold only deal with mommy (she's a mama's girl in a big way) Carrie was super super cute!! I loved playing with her. The ONE thing I wanted to do was go to the park, but the weather had other ideas... it was cold and rainy today. Chris' buddy had to come over to use our computer and brought his wretched wife. I seriously dislike her, but today she was ALMOST tolorable. All in all not bad, but nothing differant either. Chris was more helpful than usual, but the girls were more of a handful than usual too so it all balanced... He didn't even make dinner... he wanted something specific, so i had to cook.

however I did get flowers (he actually suprised me and got me some hanging baskets of flowers) and a facial. I LOVE facials, so I'm pretty stoked about that...

side note I called mymom tonight (I knew she was going to be busy at a tour she was going to today, so I waited until this evening) and she had a terrible end to her nice day. She lives out in the country and the neighbors allow their dogs to roam free. While she was out those dogs got into her animals, killed all her chickens and her duck (she's abnormally attacked to this duck) and 2 of her rabbits, and all but one of the babies. She's very upset.

"Disability is not a brave struggle or Ďcourage in the face of adversity.í Disability is an art. Itís an ingenious way to live."
May 9th, 2010, 11:54 PM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
Glad to hear everyone had (for the most part!) a nice day!

Alycia - glad your day turned around but Iím so sorry to hear about your Momís animals, thatís terrible! Is there anything she can do about that? So sad

I had a lovely day! DH had planned to make a big breakfast but we ended up going over to my moms for a big brunch. While we were there we got to play outside with Caden and my nephew and flew kitesÖ well, sort of. There wasnít enough wind to do much flying but we did get them up for a little bit! Afterwards we ran to best buy to pick up a camera bag and lens filter and then we came home and just relaxed the rest of the day. I ended up taking a nice little nap and DH made dinner, then we played outside with the boys for a bit.

DH got me a card and the boys did, too! They also got me a new camera I had been drooling over A Nikon D5000, telephoto zoom lens, and memory card. Now to learn to really use it! I had a little time to play with it today but am looking forward to really putting some time into it this week. I love it!!
DH also got me (and my favorite gift!) a pretty lilac bush for Parker - he bought a lilac tree for my 1st Motherís day when Caden was born and we take a photo of him with it each year on Motherís day so now Parker has one, too! Cadenís tree was up to my knee when we first planted it and now its already taller than I am!

I didnít have time to scrap like I had hoped, so I want to get a few things done this week. Iím loving seeing all the new pages from everyone and its really inspiring me!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart
May 10th, 2010, 07:25 AM
moms_soccer_team's Avatar Hoping 4 a happy 2010
I wanted to get a new lilac bush Carrie but we have been having such cold weather.

Alycia so very sorry to hear about your mom's animals how sad!

I did get to sleep in but only because I wasn't up at 6 to do any extra grocery shopping lol. The kids did shout HMD when I got back from taking Alex to work. Then I got to open all their gifts from school that they made.

I did get the new DCWV Summer Dream paper stacks and the 3 new seasonal Cricut cartridges.

We'll probably go out to eat tonight, I never like going out and standing in lines lol.

Both of my sisters called and wished a 'HMD to the mother of all those kids'

May 10th, 2010, 09:40 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My mother's day was just another day. DH did stay home a little longer than usual to spend time with me before he went to work in the field (still don't have all our corn planted). DD was slightly confused and kept wishing me a happy birthday. I was hoping to go a day without having to see/talk to my know it all in laws, but that didn't happen. I was also hoping that DH would be able to get my desks and cupboards moved from our old house down to my craft room (that is what I had asked for for my birthday which was the 5th).....didn't happen either. Ended the day not feeling very well (I think it is totally pregnancy related) and rainy.

I guess the day could have been better, but it could have been a lot worse so I am not going to complain too much.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

May 10th, 2010, 02:39 PM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
Robyn and Jen sounds like you had great days

Alycia sorry your day wasn't as special as it could have been, I'm glad you had fun with Carrie. Lucky you with flowers and a facial. I'm so sorry about your mom, losing her animals like that must have been horrible

Carrie sounds like a great day, can you share a picture of your lilac tree?

Michelle it was cold here too. Glad you got to sleep in and that you had a good day

Kelsey i'm sorry you didn't get the stuff moved that you wanted, ya for your dh staying in a little longer to spend time with you though

ok, did i get to sleep in - yes but i don't think it really counted since i was up 3 times with Holden, twice with Ryland and once with Tristan

i did get breakfast in bed and it was yummy. Ryland made me a little clay picture frame at preschool. it;s cute he made a sun on it and painted it yellow, he etched a picture of himself in it and painted it over with purple and then he made little snails and ants and stuck them on and painted them red, black and green

we didn't do anything special, around noon Tristan came down with a 103 fever so he wasn't feeling like himself, still fevered today but not so bad and acting pretty normal. Richard cooked me shrimp and lobster tails for supper

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

May 10th, 2010, 09:26 PM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamaralynnb View Post
Alycia sorry your day wasn't as special as it could have been, I'm glad you had fun with Carrie. Lucky you with flowers and a facial. I'm so sorry about your mom, losing her animals like that must have been horrible

ok, did i get to sleep in - yes but i don't think it really counted since i was up 3 times with Holden, twice with Ryland and once with Tristan
Yup sucky end for her to a really neat mother's day (my aunts, I have a weird family tree took her on a tour of historical homes in Dallas that my mom was really into).

Was Tristan up cause of the fever? Stinks when kids don't get the "it's mother's day so you need to be healthy AND happy on this ONE day!" memo. The reason I ask is Carrie has nights sometime where she doesn't sleep that well, and I know up with 2 of them I am exhausted in the am... no idea how you functioned up with 3

"Disability is not a brave struggle or Ďcourage in the face of adversity.í Disability is an art. Itís an ingenious way to live."
May 10th, 2010, 10:25 PM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
yeah i think it was the start of the fever, it was closer to 5:30 with him so he went back to bed when i went with him

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search