Challenge #3

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 13th, 2010, 09:04 PM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
"Get Real"

Use a real everyday item in your LO... not a memento and something that isn't associated with crafting (like buttons or paper clips). get creative. I've seen it done with the flat-ish legos, Jen used a Bingo card in one of her Feb (I think it was Feb) layouts, and I'm adding a link to a page that use a pencil...

just use something you wouldn't normally put on a layout. This is your chance to get really creative with your accents.

I had a lot of fun coming up with these challenges. I hope you ladies have as much fun doing them. I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Again sorry about the early delivery (well, it's always 12:00 o'clock somewhere right?? maybe I'll pretend to be east coast for tonight )

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."

Last edited by C&K'sMama; May 14th, 2010 at 09:36 AM.
May 14th, 2010, 10:05 PM
I used paint brushes. Usually you'd see these in crafting, but how many times have you actually seen them on a page??

(This is the photo set that's going on it) There are going to be 3 stacked pictures on the left.

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."

Last edited by C&K'sMama; May 14th, 2010 at 10:22 PM.
May 16th, 2010, 09:53 AM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
Love the paint brushes! That turned out really cute!!

I had a better idea for this but couldn't find the item I needed - instead I did this LO and used birthday cake candles.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart
May 16th, 2010, 10:43 AM
Love the page Carrie.. I especially love the way you cut the pictures!!

May 17th, 2010, 05:31 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Wow! I love your ideas! Since I am pretty new to scrapbooking, I have a question!

I always wondered, when you use everyday items that are not "designated" as scrapping materials, do you have to spray them with anything to avoid damage to materials in the long-term?

May 17th, 2010, 11:15 AM
Good question. I personally don't do anything to them, but I haven't had any pages long enough to know if they're able to damage the paper

May 18th, 2010, 09:00 AM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love the real items you ladies have chosen. Great layouts. I am totally and completely stumped on this one!

May 18th, 2010, 01:40 PM
The few things I wanted to do were a pressed flower with a spring layout, a measuring spoon with a cooking layout, Barbie clothes with a dress up layout, I was going to use one of our chick-fil-a books (these tine 3 or 4 page books that they give you when you ask for a "under 3-year old toy) with a reading layout... '

just a few ideas for stumped people. I can't wait to see what you decide

May 18th, 2010, 03:24 PM
*ScrappyMom*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to *ScrappyMom* Send a message via MSN to *ScrappyMom* Send a message via Yahoo to *ScrappyMom*
Carrie, what a cute idea with the candles!!!! I might file that one away for later!!! Alycia, the paintbrushes are a great idea too!!

Custom crochet hats for you & your little ones!
Check out my FB Group!!

May 18th, 2010, 05:33 PM
Alycia, love the paintbrushes, I never would've thought of that!! Thanks for all the ideas. I wish I could use some of those ideas, but it's so hard with boys.

Carrie, great idea with the candles.

I used a spoon. I will probably make it a paper spoon before I put it in an album.

May 18th, 2010, 08:38 PM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
very cute Alycia i love the paint brushes and your border punch,, i think i have to get that punch

carrie i love how you did a block of pictures and then cut them in that shape, and the birthday candles are sucj a great idea, i may scraplift that idea

Rae i have never done anything but i'm sure for some things i should

Amanda i am stumped on this one too, but i love the spoon

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

May 18th, 2010, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamaralynnb View Post
very cute Alycia i love the paint brushes and your border punch,, i think i have to get that punch
Apparently I like it too... i've used it for about everything since I bought it lol!! Looks like I got my money's worth (and I'm pretty sure it was on sale! )

May 18th, 2010, 09:06 PM
Send a message via AIM to *ScrappyMom* Send a message via MSN to *ScrappyMom* Send a message via Yahoo to *ScrappyMom*
I used a charm from a broken bracelet (I randomly found it this morning & thought I could use it for SOMETHING ). It is so funny I did this page today, that wedding was my aunt's & today is their 25th anniversary!!!

The charm I used

Check out my FB Group!!

May 19th, 2010, 03:40 AM
Loving the wedding layout. Looks so vintage!

May 19th, 2010, 07:41 AM
Love it Robyn, great "real item" works perfectly!

May 19th, 2010, 07:48 AM
Thank you! I used vellum, which I hate using, just because it's only glued down in one spot & then it usually falls off!

Check out my FB Group!!

May 21st, 2010, 05:19 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not 100% done as I still need to add the title in the big bubble and attach the bubble wand in the lower left corner of the left page (just bought new bubble stuff yesterday so will get one of those wands and attach it before I put it in my album).

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

May 22nd, 2010, 07:49 AM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
Amanda - great page! I really love how you laid out the photos!

Robyn - such a pretty page! Love the charm, too

Kelsey - I love how circle photos look - awesome page!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search