how do you plan a page??

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 14th, 2010, 08:28 PM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Okay, since I seem to be the only one who scraps without pictures (add pictures when I'm done with the page). how do you do it?? I have a hard time deciding what kind of paper to use and what "coordinates"... I guess i"m not good at the mix and match... do you look at your pics and use dominant colors in it?? Or do you find a paper you want to use and match around it?? What's your "process"?

(If you don't mind sharing your scrappy secrets )

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
May 18th, 2010, 07:40 AM
SAHM and scrappymommy
I pick my picture first, then find a sketch (always use sketches), then I look for paper that has colours in it that match my picture.
May 18th, 2010, 07:59 AM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I do it kinda like Jen does. I actually look at the number of pictures I have and then go through my layouts. I select a layout and then try to pick the paper around the colors in the pic.

May 18th, 2010, 03:31 PM
*ScrappyMom*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to *ScrappyMom* Send a message via MSN to *ScrappyMom* Send a message via Yahoo to *ScrappyMom*
I absolutely NEED pictures to create LOs. I have tried doing empty LOs for my sister & it didn't work. I need the pics to match papers, find/create a sketch, etc. My pictures are my inspiration (which is why I scrap).

Custom crochet hats for you & your little ones!
Check out my FB Group!!

May 18th, 2010, 06:12 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I pick my pictures first and then (try to) pick out papers that match the pictures somehow or that go with the theme of the pictures. Then I mess around with the pictures (no cutting yet) to try and come up with how they can be arranged or use a sketch. I have only done 1 page without a picture to go with it. We will see how it turns out after this baby is born.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

May 18th, 2010, 08:46 PM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
same as jen really, i usually start with a sketch though, the sketch inspires me and then i use pictures that fit it. i usually change the sketch though to match the number of picture i have

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

May 18th, 2010, 08:53 PM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamaralynnb View Post
same as jen really, i usually start with a sketch though, the sketch inspires me and then i use pictures that fit it. i usually change the sketch though to match the number of picture i have
That's how I do it as well...

I think I figured out why I can scrap (prefer) without photos... I have no sense of style... it's totally true. If I can't match clothes together how am I going to match pictures, and layouts and papers. I guess it's just easier to remove one factor from that equasion.

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search