Newbie to scrapping!

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 16th, 2010, 06:22 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Hey guys... I've been lurking here for a few weeks, and I thought I would introduce myself.

I'm Rae, and I am currently "getting back into" scrapbooking. I want to do things right, so I have a few questions.

First, what kind/brand of adhesive do you use? Right now, all I have is a acid-free glue runner from wal-mart. It's ok, but I am wondering if there are other options for embellishments, etc. We don't have much for scrapping stores right now, but there is a Michael's being built here this summer!.

Second, I LOVE the look of diecut letters, like from the Cricut for example. Would you guys reccommend the pruchase of a cricut machine, or is there a different system you prefer?

Thanks for your help. I am sure I will have lots of questions along the way. I'll be sure to stick around and maybe even share some of my pages

Proud mama to Audrina (10-10-2011) & Bryden (09-19-2014)

May 16th, 2010, 08:45 AM
Veteran
welcome!!

i shop at Michaels and AC Moore. i use this tab square things to stick my stuff to the pages. i used a glue runner before and didn't like it. i like the squares b/c they stick REALLY well and u can cut them if need be.

i absolutely LOVE my cricut and i don't know how i scrapbooked without it all these years (DH bought it for me for my birthday last summer). i plan to go back and redo some pages that need a little Cricut work ;-) if you can afford to get one, a cricut is a nice investment, i think.

Dylan loves school and anything to do with learning (counting, reading & math). This spring he started another season of soccer, as well as playing Tee Ball for the first time. He new favorite toys are Transformers & WWE Wrestling figurines. He loves to color and be artistic. He's currently finishing Kindergarten.

Delaney has eczema due to allergies. She's Egg-Free, Wheat/Gluten-Free, Peanut-Free & Citrus Fruits-Free. She's lefty and the rest of us in the house are righty. She loves Yo Gabba Gabba, Pinocchio, Princess Snow White, Aurora, Belle & Care Bears. We're currently working on potty training, but it's not going well......

May 16th, 2010, 09:21 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Thanks!

I have a confession to make... right after I made this post, I did a little more looking into the Cricut...went in to Wal-Mart and saw that they had one left, and bought it! teehee.

DH says I need a hobby, so no complaints from him over this purchase I've been playing around with it, and it is SO neat! I am really excited to get scrapping!

I'll look in to glue squares too!

Proud mama to Audrina (10-10-2011) & Bryden (09-19-2014)

May 16th, 2010, 11:07 AM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
Hi Rae and welcome! Iím Carrie - Mommy to Caden (3) and Parker (4mo) and one of the cohosts on this board. Iím glad youíve decided to get back into scrapping!

For adhesive I use a few different things depending where I can get to. I have glue glider pro that I like but have had issues finding refills. There is a cheapo runner from Walmart Iíll grab when Iím there and works great, but usually I really like the scrapbook adhesive runners.

As for buying a die cutting machine I personally love my cricut and would suggest it to anyone. It really got me back into scrapping and I love all the different things you can do with it. Better yet cartridges and even machine prices have really come down so itís a lot more reasonable, too. Congrats on buying one!! It really is a lot of fun and I think you'll love it - it does get a little addicting though

Feel free to join in our crop (the challenges posted on the board) and we also have a scrapping and posting challenge going on right now, too, which prizes are sent out for.

I look forward to seeing you around more and hope to see a few of your layouts!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart
May 16th, 2010, 11:42 AM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey! I was "getting back into" scrapbooking when I joined this board too... Now I'm a full blown addict!! I've gotten somewhere in the range of 40 or 50 pages done since January (and I have a special needs child and a newborn). Love it. Jump right in to the crop if you have a chance. These ladies are really inspirational!!

Which cricut machine did you get?? (I love my create)

"Disability is not a brave struggle or Ďcourage in the face of adversity.í Disability is an art. Itís an ingenious way to live."
May 16th, 2010, 04:24 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi and welcome to the board!!! My name is Kelsey, DH is Jason, DD is Kendra and have one on the way due June 7th (but I think he could come at any time). I was trying to get back into scrapbooking when I joined this group too, and I think they are the most wonderful and inspirational group of women!!

So glad to hear that you got a Cricut!! I got one for Christmas last year and absolutely LOVE it!!

As for adhesives....I have all different kinds. The one I use most are the photo squares (cut in half to make them last longer). I also have a Dotto (but I think those have been discontinued). Others that I have that I don't use too much are a tape runner and spray adhesive.

I definitely agree with the other girls on jumping in on the online crop. It is a great way to get going again!

Can't wait to see some of your pages!!!

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

May 16th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
Hi Rae and welcome,

I am Tamara, mom to 3 boys Ryland (5) Tristan (2.5) and Holden (almost 4 months) i am married to my wonderful DH Richard and a SAHM. I am also your co-host here with Carrie. I hope you enjoy our board

i use glue dots and lines to adhere embellishments and i use Fiskars adhesive squares for my photos. i have the cricut expression and i love it, you can do alot with it and Michaels will often have the cartridges on sale, and i noticed that the wal-mart bu me rolled them back to 69 from 90 but like i said wait for a sale and they are cheaper. i hope you will start a gallery and post some of your pages for us to see.

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search