Scrapper of the week, May 17th - Babyloves2dance

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 17th, 2010, 10:21 AM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
Kelsey is up next!! Kelsey will be posting something new each day so don’t forget to check back and remember to post your photo requests by Wednesday so she has time to collect them all to share and Thursday is the day to post any questions!! (and earn points, too )

Here is the schedule:

Monday: Post an intro about you, family etc - this can be long or short, up to you!

Tuesday: Post 20 facts about yourself.

Wednesday: Share pictures of yourself, family, etc . . .

Thursday: Answer any questions the ladies might have for you (please save all questions for this day!)

Friday: Post 10 pics that other members request from you. All pic requests must be submitted by Wednesday 5 PM of your week, that way you have Wed - Fri to take, upload and post them. If you get more than 10 you can pick the 10 you would like to share, or share more than 10. It's up to you!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart
May 17th, 2010, 12:06 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My name is Kelsey. Just turned 29 earlier this month. I have been married to my wonderful DH Jason for almost 7 years now. We have 1 DD, Kendra, who is 3 1/2 and are expecting a boy (if the ultrasound was right) anytime now - due date is June 7th, but I have a feeling he is going to come early.

From the time DH and I were married until last May, I owned a dance studio where I was the only teacher. (I graduated college with a BA in dance) I am currently a SAHM, but I do help DH out with his job from time to time. DH is a farmer/rancher.

I have been scrapbooking off and on now for about 11 years. Even though I have been scrapping that long, there is still so much I do not know! I just got a Cricut machine for Christmas (and absolutely love it!). And just recently got a BigKick. I am also just starting to get into stamping and card making. I have yet to try distressing and heat embossing as well as all the other cool things you can do with ink!

That is about all I can think about right now.

-Kelsey

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

May 18th, 2010, 04:20 PM
20 facts about me:

1 - My natural hair color is brown.
2 - My hair is naturally wavy (which I hate) so I straighten my hair with an iron.
3 - I have been dancing since I was 5.
4 - I have lived on a farm almost all of my life - only time I lived in town was during college.
5 - I love animals - domesticated ones that is, wild ones kinda freak me out!
6 - I HATE flying!
7 - I don't like riding in boats.
8 - I really want to go on a cruise sometime - even though that means flying and riding a boat. LOL!
9 - My favorite season is spring.
10 - I love science!
11 - I love tulips, but think I may be allergic to them.
12 - My favorite color is blue.
13 - I like country music.
14 - I like Husker football.
15 - I really like hockey, but don't know much about it as it is not a common sport out here. (DH and I try to make it to 1 Avalanche game a year).
16 - I know how to drive a tractor.
17 - I have never been skiing.
18 - I really don't like winter!!
19 - My favorite tv show right now is "Biggest Loser."
20 - I am so ready for baby to be here!!! (Down to the last 3 weeks)

Wow! That was kinda hard!!!

May 18th, 2010, 07:24 PM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
HAHA! I'm a country girl too... transplanted from the city (moved to the middle of nowhere when I was 15), but I can also drive a tractor, big ol' John Deere I totally prefer the country!

That's really cool that you've been dancing so long.. I have NO rythem I can get off beat doing "pat a cake" lol

Can I have the wave in your hair if you don't want it??

Hockey fan here too... Go Stars! Love the games IRL, so lucky that you get to go every year!

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
May 18th, 2010, 11:49 PM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
Kelsey, maybe your little boy will arrive on May 29th I hear that's a great day

what kind of dance do you do and teach?
what cricut cartridges do you have?
anything you really want to do scrapbooking wise but you haven't for some reason?
what kind of farm did you grow up on?

i want to see a picture of your scrappy space, lets see your baby belly, what is your favorite shirt and your favorite baby outfit if you have bought any boy ones yet

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

May 19th, 2010, 08:38 AM
What do you (or hubby) grow/raise on your farm/ranch??

What's your favorite cricut cart?

What's baby boy's name going to be (unless it's a secret of course)

What do you like best about being pregnant?? (least?)

Do you concider yourself caught up, behind or ahead on scrapping, and how far?

I want to see baby's space/nursery?? (I love nurseries)

I want to see you with DD

Kendra's favorite toy

and your favorite page you've scrapbooked.

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
May 19th, 2010, 08:54 AM
*ScrappyMom*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to *ScrappyMom* Send a message via MSN to *ScrappyMom* Send a message via Yahoo to *ScrappyMom*
Yay for farm girls!! I live in a very small farming town. 4 out of 5 kids we know live on farms!! And hockey is HUGE in my house (my son plays year round). In 10 years, you'll hear his name in all the draft talks (haha, I wish)!

My picture requests are
1- your car
2- your favorite place/spot on your entire farm
3- your favorite glass/coffee mug

My questions are
1- how many kids do you want?
2- how large is your extended family (how many siblings, inlaws, etc)?
3- what is your favorite springtime activity?

Custom crochet hats for you & your little ones!
Check out my FB Group!!

May 19th, 2010, 03:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to GinaOfAllTrades
Questions

How did you and DH meet?
Are you completely ready for the baby or do you still need some things?

Pictures

Your first Album?
A picture of the outside of your house? (inside if you would like)
A picture of you and your DH?
May 20th, 2010, 08:05 AM
Hey Girls!
Sorry I did not get pics of me and my family posted yesterday. I was not having a very good day - pretty down yesterday. I have a dr appointment today so will either post them tonight when I answer questions or will post them tomorrow with all the other pics. Sorry again.
-Kelsey

May 20th, 2010, 08:11 AM
OOPS... I was thinking yesterday was question day Can't wait to see the pics

May 20th, 2010, 11:44 PM
Can I have the wave in your hair if you don't want it?? Alycia - I would gladly give you my wavy hair if I could have naturally straight hair!!!

Kelsey, maybe your little boy will arrive on May 29th I hear that's a great day Up until recently I have had that date stuck in my head.

what kind of dance do you do and teach? I do/taught mostly ballet and tap but also did some Jazz and modern (contemporary).

what cricut cartridges do you have? Off the top of my head, I have: Lyrical letters, Everyday Paper Dolls, Home Decor, Black Letter, Snow Friends, Mini Monograms, New Arrival, Life is a Beach, Fabulous Finds, Walk in my Garden, Mickey Mouse Font, and All Mixed Up. I think that is all of them anyway.

anything you really want to do scrapbooking wise but you haven't for some reason? I would love to try heat embossing and distressing with inks. Haven't tried them though as I don't have the ink or the embossing powder yet. Maybe I will get some for Christmas?

what kind of farm did you grow up on? My family raised (white) cows/calves, corn, soybeans, and wheat.

What do you (or hubby) grow/raise on your farm/ranch?? We raise (black/red) cows, corn, soybeans, wheat, and sometimes sunflowers and pinto beans.

What's your favorite cricut cart? Tough one!! Honestly, I haven't used all of my Cricut carts yet! Of the ones I've used lately I like the New Arrival one. (Maybe that is because I am expecting as well as working on DD's baby album, so can expect to use that one a lot)

What's baby boy's name going to be (unless it's a secret of course) DH and I aren't going to pick a name until baby is born as we want to make sure that the name fits. We are kind of hoping that he looks like a Joshua as DH and I both like the name Joshua Lawrence.

What do you like best about being pregnant?? (least?) Best: Knowing that there is a little life growing inside of me and how many wonderful things that will bring to my life. Least: With this pregnancy the worst is probably a tie between hemerhoids and sciatic nerve pain.

Do you concider yourself caught up, behind or ahead on scrapping, and how far? Extrememly far behind!!!! I have yet to finish DH and my wedding album and dance studio album. Haven't even started our honeymoon/vacation album. And I am at least 2 years behind on DD's album.

how many kids do you want? 2-3. We will probably decide if we want another once this baby is about 1 year old.

how large is your extended family (how many siblings, inlaws, etc)? I have 1 brother, 1 soon to be sister-in-law, my mom and dad, 12 cousins, 11 aunts and uncles, and 4 living grandparents on my side. On DH's side: he is an only child, his mom and dad, 16 cousins, 7 aunts and uncles, and 2 living grandparents.

what is your favorite springtime activity? Playing with my DD outside.

How did you and DH meet? He asked me to dance at the local dance hall (country night) while we were in college. He also pointed out that we rode the same bus from one part of the college campus to the other.

Are you completely ready for the baby or do you still need some things? We just ordered a new recliner for the living room today so that we can have the glider recliner in the nursery - it should be here next Wednesday. Other than that and a little reorganizing to make the glider recliner fit in the nursery, we have everything and are ready for baby!

May 21st, 2010, 08:29 AM
My hair is so straight that I got a perm and it fell out in 3 days. I'm pretty sure my hair is in fact allergic or terribly afraid of curl... you're welcome to it.

Love the name Joshua. I know what you mean about a name fitting. Carrie's first name didn't fit her, and since we'd decided before we got to the hospital, we had to have it legally changed... what a PITA

May 21st, 2010, 10:30 AM
I missed out on questions and pic requests but just wanted to say great intro and facts! I've always thought it would be neat to live on a farm And I haven't use a lot of my cricut carts, either.

May 21st, 2010, 05:58 PM
Family Pic (it's from 2007, but it is my favorite and we have only gotten family pics taken once since then and I cannot find them since we moved...I am sure they are in a box that I have yet to go through.)

DH and I (I don't have many of these!!)

DD and I

My house

My scrappy space

The nursery (which is going to get rearranged next week to accommodate a glider recliner)

My baby belly

My favorite shirt...at the time being (I also have this shirt in a light green t-shirt, a deep red 3/4 sleeve shirt and a black 3/4 sleeve shirt)

My favorite baby outfit

Kendra's favorite toy - Littlest Pet Shop

My car

My favorite spot on the farm (Will be the deck as soon as it gets built - great view of the creek bed to the south, the sun rise to the east, and the sun set to the west.) View from where the deck will be.

My first album - DH and my wedding. Here are a few pages (also some of my favorites):

Some other pics of pages from this album can be found in post 2 of my Gallery: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2...s-gallery.html

My favorite page I have scrapped......I don't really have 1 favorite! I really like the last 2 shown above, my 6 page collage and stain glass pages pictured in my gallery and these (as well as a few others! LOL!!):

Last edited by babyloves2dance; May 21st, 2010 at 06:13 PM.
May 22nd, 2010, 09:38 AM
Love all the pics! You have such a cute belly

May 22nd, 2010, 10:20 AM
Your daughter is beautiful! and I really like youre new house

We have the same crib. It's in a natural wood finish, but it looks exactly the same. (except that it's going on 10 years old, so it's a little more beat up)

May 22nd, 2010, 10:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to GinaOfAllTrades
great pics. Thanks for sharing.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search