Scrapper of the week, May 24th - ASailorsWife

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 24th, 2010, 02:30 PM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
After a brief mix up our scrapper of the week this week is Emily!!!

Here is the posting schedule -For everyone else don't forget to get in your pic requests by 5pm Wednesday and submit your question requests, too!

Monday: Post an intro about you, family etc - this can be long or short, up to you!

Tuesday: Post 20 facts about yourself.

Wednesday: Share pictures of yourself, family, etc . . .

Thursday: Answer any questions the ladies might have for you (please save all questions for this day!)

Friday: Post 10 pics that other members request from you. All pic requests must be submitted by Wednesday 5 PM of your week, that way you have Wed - Fri to take, upload and post them. If you get more than 10 you can pick the 10 you would like to share, or share more than 10. It's up to you!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart

Last edited by Carrie429; May 24th, 2010 at 02:54 PM.
May 24th, 2010, 03:19 PM
ASailorsWife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Monday: Post an intro about you, family etc - this can be long or short, up to you!

Let's see... My name is Emily, I am 25, married to Chris (who is in the Navy) & we live in Washington. I have 3 stepkids who will be living with us this summer. Vanessa (11), Skarlet (7) & Owen (3). I love them like my own little monster Alex who just turned 1.

Umm, I have been scrapbooking since 2008. Chris and I married in December and I wanted a project to work on while he was deployed so I did a scrapbook of our wedding. I am super far behind but still love to sit down and blast music while working. Every once in a great while it happens.

I adore the zoo and we love to visit with the kids. I lay out clothes the night before and pack a lunch and we make the day of it. The Pacific Science Center is another place we love to hang out. Every time we visit it is new and different. The kids can spend hours there! This summer we live on an island so there are beaches everywhere!! I can not wait to explore and let the kids swim and play. I love this area and all the beauty around us.

I am on the computer a lot. Or at least have it open all day long. It is my MP3 player. I love to watch movies (but can not stand horror), love TV- House, Glee, Flash Forward, Bones, Americas Next Top Model are just a few off the bat. I feel like I have to have music playing all the time. Oh and I read- I read cheesy boy meets girl and they hate each other but by the end are madly in love romance novels. And books about Vampires. Yeah I read the Twilight series but Anita Blake was the original.

Well that is about all I can say about me now... Alex is feeding his milk cup to the dog. Oh yeah, we have 2 dogs. Dumb and Stupid. Ok fine, they are really Maggie and Goldie. Maggie is 3 and part golden retriever and part lab, Goldie is a yellow lab. Off to toss Stinker down for a nap.

This post was all over the place!

May 24th, 2010, 04:54 PM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Looks like we have several things in common, awesome

You're like the first person I know who also likes bones... Did you see the finale??

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
May 24th, 2010, 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&K'sMama View Post
Looks like we have several things in common, awesome

You're like the first person I know who also likes bones... Did you see the finale??
I did! I was not too impressed with it though. Saw a lot of it coming from the episode before too. PM me to talk details.

May 24th, 2010, 10:10 PM
We just went to the zoo last week! Love it and we ended up buying a membership so I’m hoping we go a few more times this year (it’s a little bit of a drive with traffic otherwise I’d be there every week!). Also love House, Glee, and Bones!! I’ll miss having a show to watch over the summer

May 25th, 2010, 07:26 AM
So is this where Bones fans come to hang out... cause I SWEAR when I tell someone IRL that I watch it EVERYTIME they say they've never seen it I knew I liked you ladies.

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
May 25th, 2010, 05:53 PM
  1. I am addicted to Pepsi!
  2. love to buy school supplies in Aug even though I do not need them
  3. absolutely hate laundry- there are too many steps. Sort, wash, dry, hang, fold, put away....
  4. I would rather clean the bathroom then do laundry
  5. love to watch the cheesy made for tv movies that are on ABCFamily
  6. adore bread!!! To me it is the best thing about eating out.
  7. favorite pizza is- Dominos new crust, white sauce with extra cheese, bacon, tomato, chicken and parm= PERFECT
  8. might have to bake some brownies after this...
  9. What was I doing? 20 things that pop into my head?? hmmm
  10. I used to live in KY but was born across the river in OH
  11. I have BGF really bad!
  12. BGF= Baby Girl Fever
  13. My bestest best girlfriend in the whole world lives about 4 hours away and we have been BFF for over a decade!
  14. I wish that I had someone IRL to scrap with.
  15. When I worked at the movie theater I broke my foot going down the aisle.
  16. During my pregnancy I really wanted to name our baby Isabella if it was a girl. Now I am glad that we had a boy cuz I do not care for all the hype from Twilight.
  17. I was married on a Thursday morning in a hall and the chaplin from the Navy was late by 1.5 hours. In fact he was called out of a meeting with the CO to come marry us.
  18. I have wanted a picture of Alex, Me, my Dad and my Mammaw (dad's mom) to all be in a picture since Alex was born and I am still trying to get it done. I want the 4 generations; Girl, boy, girl, boy all together.
  19. I lost count several minutes ago.
  20. We have memberships to the zoo and the science center and the aquarium every year thanks to my Mommy.
  21. I hate fish. I am creeped out by real fish. Can't stand them in the stores either.
  22. My husband (before he knew better) chased me around the store with a fish in a baggie.
  23. I like to make lists just so I can cross things off and then feel accomplished.
  24. I love the color blue!

May 25th, 2010, 06:04 PM
I'm with you on... 2,3,4,5,11,13,14,18,24 (i actually like cleaning the bathroom cause it's a lot of bang for the work.)

May 25th, 2010, 06:43 PM
Quote:
I'm with you on... 2,3,4,5,11,13,14,18,24 (i actually like cleaning the bathroom cause it's a lot of bang for the work.)
Yup, I like being able to clean something and instantly being able to SEE that it is clean.

May 26th, 2010, 07:52 AM
I miss buying school supplies and have been known to buy a few unneeded notebooks, maybe some pens, crayons for Caden, etc in august! I’m with you on number 14, too. And I also love lists

Photo requests:
A page or two from your first scrapbook!
Your favorite photo of Alex
A photo or two from Alex’s birthday party!
Your favorite room/area in the house
Your least favorite room/area in the house
A wedding photo

Questions:
Do you have any vacations planned?
When are you thinking you’ll give into your BGF?
Do you have any other hobbies besides scrap booking/paper crafts?
What music do you blast while scrapping?
Whats your favorite time of the year?

May 26th, 2010, 08:50 AM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What is your dream vacation?
What is your favorite activity to do with the whole family?
How crazy is your house with all the kids?

Show me pics of:
Your toes
Your car
The first page of Alex
A page with your whole family

May 26th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Photo Requests:

Your kitchen
Alex's room
Your favorite punch

Questions:

How long were you and DH together before you married??
Is there anything you have left to do before the kids stay with you??
How many more kids do you want?

May 27th, 2010, 11:26 AM
I was super busy yesterday so I did not have a chance to upload any pictures for you all. Here are the pictures from yesterday and later today I will answer all the questions left.

LOL!! I went post crazy!!

May 27th, 2010, 12:21 PM
I LOVE THAT SWING PICTURE!

You havd a beautiful family!

May 27th, 2010, 12:51 PM
Thanks!!

May 28th, 2010, 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie429 View Post
Do you have any vacations planned?
When are you thinking you’ll give into your BGF?
Do you have any other hobbies besides scrap booking/paper crafts?
What music do you blast while scrapping?
Whats your favorite time of the year?
Nope, we dont really get the chance to do vacations. I would love to and have some places on my wish list but for now we stick to day trips.

I would love to head to the OBs and have her remove my IUD now but DH is still unsure about having another one child. 5 kids all together is a lot!

I like to play around with beads and make earrings or necklaces but it is something I get to very rarely.

I mostly listen to pandora while I scrap. I bring the laptop down so I can see the challenges or get inspiration and I just have some mixes on pandora. I like the songs that I know the lyrics to so I can sing along with. There is Shania Twain, Nickleback, RHCP, Garth Brooks etc in there.

Fall! I love the colors, I love the smells, and I love scarfs and hats and mittens and sweaters. And I love the leaves! Oh and pumpkins! And my birthday is in November.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalyn View Post
What is your dream vacation?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalyn View Post

What is your favorite activity to do with the whole family?
How crazy is your house with all the kids?

I think my dream vacation would be something like Hawaii. I have never been but what I would want in a dream vaca would be relaxation, spa treatments, fruity alcoholic umbrella drinks, activities for us as a family to explore, time alone with da hubs, childcare, yummy food and great picture opportunities. Oh and since this is my DREAM vacation; I want it for free.

Hmm, favorite activity to do with the whole family. Outside of the house is probably going to the Pacific Science Center. I love how the kids get so excited to go there (and shhhh, dont tell them they learn too) and that the stuff is constantly changing to keep it new. At home I think it would be family movie night. Simple but everyone loves it and we snuggle up together and enjoy.

LOL, the house is a bit crazy with the kids. We just moved back in Feb so it is a bit better now; larger house = more room to spread out the kids! They are good though, I will keep them.

Quote:

How long were you and DH together before you married??
Is there anything you have left to do before the kids stay with you??
How many more kids do you want?

Chris and I were together for about a year and half before we got married.

YES!!! Wanna come help do laundry? Geeze, I can not stay on top of the laundry. DH is finishing painting a dresser I bought off CL for the girls' room and we still need a bookcase in there for the movies, puzzles and books. In the boys' room we need to decorate Owen's area. Alex's already has his pirate stuff up. And I would like to get the chores lists ready for them. Last summer we gave them chores and it worked pretty well I think, just need some tweaking. Oh and I also would like to get some menus planned.

I would love love love to have a little girl. I have been lurking in the "conceive a gender" forum and think that if we decide to have another I might like to try to sway. When I was pg with Alex I wanted him to be a boy... now that I have a boy I want a girl.

May 29th, 2010, 05:16 PM
Love all the pics!!! As Alycia said, you have a very beautiful family The one giving ronald mcdonald a look made me giggle, hehe.

May 29th, 2010, 06:15 PM
Hehe I love the McDonalds pix too.

Yesterday when we were out I fell down a ditch so right now I am resting on a heat pad but will try and take/post the pictures when Alex wakes up. Sorry for the delay.

Any other photo requests??

May 30th, 2010, 12:16 PM
The only 2 pages I scraped when I decided in HS I wanted to start scrapbooking. LOL!

One of many favorite pictures of Alex:

Birthday Pix!

Fav area of the house:

Least Fav:

Wedding Photo:

My car:

Alex page:

Page with whole family:

Kitchen, well half of the kitchen:

Alex's room:

Fav punch (does this count? )

May 30th, 2010, 07:34 PM
What is that green stuff he's eating?? He's such a doll

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search