Scrapper of the week, May 31st - *ScrappyMom*

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 31st, 2010, 03:54 PM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
Robyn is up this week! Here is a reminder of what you're supposed to post and when

Monday: Post an intro about you, family etc - this can be long or short, up to you!

Tuesday: Post 20 facts about yourself.

Wednesday: Share pictures of yourself, family, etc . . .

Thursday: Answer any questions the ladies might have for you (please save all questions for this day!)

Friday: Post 10 pics that other members request from you. All pic requests must be submitted by Wednesday 5 PM of your week, that way you have Wed - Fri to take, upload and post them. If you get more than 10 you can pick the 10 you would like to share, or share more than 10. It's up to you!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart
May 31st, 2010, 04:47 PM
*ScrappyMom*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to *ScrappyMom* Send a message via MSN to *ScrappyMom* Send a message via Yahoo to *ScrappyMom*
Yay!! I am so excited to do this

Hi! I'm Robyn & I will be 28 in just over a month. I have been married to my DH for 8 years. We have 1 furbaby, Ameira, and our pride & joy, our 2 boys. Anson Brock was born April 14, 2002, & Ryden York was born April 13, 2004. Yep, they are 1 day shy of being 2 years apart!! And no, we didn't plan that!! Ry was 6 weeks early & had some heart issues when he was born, resulting in a NICU stay. We are still facing "possible" heart surgery in the future, but he is a very healthy 6 year old!! This is why we call him our miracle baby.

Anson is our "all-star", because he excels in all & any sports. His favorite is hockey, and this year he made a AAA hockey team (like, an elite team). He played house league in town until March, then his AAA team started & are still playing. They have gone to 2 tournaments & won bronze both times!! He also plays baseball & swims.

My DH is Garth, he is 36 (yep, 9 years older than me). He works for the Town of Tisdale, although right now he is on disability for a back injury. He just started a rehab program today & will do that for 8 weeks, then he may be able to go back to work. Otherwise, he will need to find a less labor intensive job.

I love to scrap & started back in HS, when I would make collages from pictures of friends & words cut out from magazines, then I'd frame them. I'm also in a Stampin' Up splurge group that meets every month. It's a LOT of fun & once a year, I get to pick out $200 worth of scrapping goodies!!

Besides scrapping, I also love to golf, camp/go to the lake & work in our yard. I also just started a home business, called Beyond Top. I sell handmade crocheted hats, tutus & hair clippies. It has been so much more successful that I thought it would be & it keeps me VERY busy!! Right now, I'm trying to decide on a career & I think I have decided on accounting. So hopefully this fall, I will be taking a course online!

That was very long winded, but oh well!! That's just me I guess!!

Custom crochet hats for you & your little ones!
Check out my FB Group!!

June 1st, 2010, 11:14 AM
Send a message via AIM to *ScrappyMom* Send a message via MSN to *ScrappyMom* Send a message via Yahoo to *ScrappyMom*
Here are 20 facts about me!

1. I HATE doing laundry. Well, actually, I hate putting it all away!
2. I don't have a favorite color. It changes with my mood.
3. I love to bake, but don't eat any of it. I maybe will eat 1 or 2 cookies out of 5 dozen, or have 1 muffin.
4. My house needs too much work & it makes me dizzy to think of all that needs to be done (floors, windows, countertops, cupboard doors, finish drywalling our room, then there is the yard - fence, rebuild deck & veranda, landscape, etc etc).
5. Even though my house is no where NEAR being "done", I love my 1920s character home!
6. I have a secret obsession with Super Mario Bros & love to play it!
7. I hate eating meat, except for steaks & fast food burgers.
8. I was married/mommied at 19.
9. My parents divorced when I was 5, my dad remarried a couple times & all together, I have 6 brothers & sister, 2 ex-stepsisters, & currently, 2 stepbrothers & 1 stepsister. I'm the oldest out of all them.
10. Out of all my 11 siblings, I talk to my 2 sister (my parents had us 3 before they split), my 16 year old brother & my 2 ex-stepsisters. And I call their mom "Mom". I don't speak to my dad & my birth mom is acting stupid lately.
11. I seriously HATE family drama, LOL!
12. I don't know 20 interesting facts about me.
13. I have 1 tatto, on my wrist. A pink ribbon in honor of my Nana who passed away in 1998 from breast cancer.
14. I have had stitches 4 times (in my forehead, twice on my chin & on my leg).
15. I have far too much scrappy stuff, that I don't use.
16. I went to Nickelback this past Saturday & had a blast!!!
17. I talk to my inlaws everyday.
18. I spend WAY too much time on Facebook.
19. I love to buy purses & socks. I even have a "purse graveyard", as DH calls it. of purses I have forgotten about.
20. I am a very boring person!!!!

Check out my FB Group!!

June 1st, 2010, 08:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to GinaOfAllTrades
OK I have been MIA for about a week BUT, Here are my questions.

1) Do you plan on having anymore kids?
2) Who raised you, your dad or your Bio-mom?
3) Does your bio-mom have any issue with you calling your ex-stepmom, mom?
4) How did you and your DH meet?
5) What did you do to cause you to need stitches?

I would love to see pics of:

1) Your house (inside and out if you are comfortable)
2) Your furbabies
3) Your actual babies
4) You and your DH (recent, back in the day, or both...your choice)
5) Your tattoo.
June 2nd, 2010, 02:32 PM
Photo Requests!

Your scrappy space
your favorite and least favorite page
Your first ever album (or page from it)
A photo of you pregnant
Your car

June 2nd, 2010, 04:06 PM
I will post my pics tonight, we are just about to eat supper, then Anson has ball & I have my SU! splurge tonight. I'm just trying to upload to PB right now.

Check out my FB Group!!

June 3rd, 2010, 10:14 AM
I am still trying to uplaod pics into PB. I tried doing a few & it wouldn't work. Now I am going 1 at a time & 3 out of 5 tries, it interrupts halfway through, UGH!!!!

Check out my FB Group!!

June 3rd, 2010, 10:25 AM
1) Do you plan on having anymore kids?
No, because Ry was so sick when he was born, & it scared the hell out of us, we decided to not "push out luck". I'm very happy with my 2 healthy boys!

2) Who raised you, your dad or your Bio-mom?
My dad. I lived with him until I was 15, then he worked out of town. I would spend time with my brother & his mom, or grandma's (mostly for meals, haha!).

3) Does your bio-mom have any issue with you calling your ex-stepmom, mom?
If she does, that's her tough luck. She should have stuck around (tiny bit of bitterness here!). She is the one that decided pot was more important that us. My ex stepmom was & has been there for me since I was 6. First boyfriend, first period, first brokenheart, etc. My mom tried (half heartedly), until my niece was born. Now she only has 1 grandchild (and posted that on FB for all to see, including my boys, who can read).

4) How did you and your DH meet?
We worked together in S'toon when I was 18. I guess I met him before I started working there, but I don't remember. I was 15 & apparently was a snobby cheerleader, haha! My ex stepmom worked there too & I remember when DH started there, she said "Oh the nicest guy started working with us, he is going to make a great husband for someone someday!". Then, when we were dating & were talking about getting married, my mom brought that comment up & said "I didn't mean you!!" Very funny!!

5) What did you do to cause you to need stitches?
Chin #1 - fell off my bed & hit my chin on frame, age 3
Forehead - fell off a garbage bin & busted my head open (trying to kill spiders), age 4
Chin #2 - slipped on a jacket at school & smashed my face into the floor, age 9
Leg - fell off a swingset & caught my leg on the things that hold it into the ground (that was huge, like 18 stitches), age 11

Check out my FB Group!!

June 3rd, 2010, 09:54 PM
I've had stitches in my chin and head (though not forehead) too, hehe. Hope to PB is up and working for you soon!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search