Scrapper of the week :) Alycia

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 21st, 2010, 10:56 AM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi it's me... I guess I'll start with an intro, but I'm pretty much an open book, so I bet I've posted most of this somewhere on here before

My name is Alycia, I'm 24. I've been married to Chris for 3.5 years. We got married 3 days after meeting for the first time It was pretty exciting, and it really seemed to work. Not every day has been wonderful, but we're still very happily married. Chris is a soldier (infantry). He's been in just over 6 years and he's been an E6 for a little over 6 months (for those not familiar with the military world, that's moving up the ranks pretty quickly) I'm very proud of him. I will be a military wife for the rest of my life. We've recently discussed it and with Carrie's issues we couldn't afford to get out of the military for health insurance reasons, so hubby is biting the bullet and going career.

We're currently stationed in okalhoma, but will be moving to north carolina next year. I'm pretty excited about it cause we'll only be 8.5 hours fromd disney and 6.5 hours from DC. I see a lot of family vacations in our future, but I think within the year hubby will deploy again (it will be his third 12 month stretch), so not so excited about that. We're both orgionally from small town outside of Dallas (I was raised in Dallas, and moved to the country as a teen), so we'll be pretty far from family too, which is another down side.

We have two BEAUTIFUL little girls. Carrie (Karalyn) age 2.5 and Kate (Kathryn), 5 months. We get asked a lot why we didn't just name them Carrie or Kate and why "Carrie" is spelled with a C and her name begins with a K, so I'll answer those questions real quick. First we chose the names and the nicknames, because we wanted them to have choices as they grew. We love the name "Katie" but you know, when she's 35 I have no idea if she'll want such a young name, so with Kathryn, she's got options. Same with Carrie's name and like Kelsey has mentioned sometimes a name just doesn't fit a baby. Carrie's origional name was "Caroline". That's what we put on her birth certificate, but it just didn't fit. We tried to call her it for weeks, and could not make it fit her, so we had it legally changed.

Both DH and I were seperately deemed "sterile" and both babies were "suprises" so in our case 2 "no's" make a definate yes (apparently two of them) . We are through having children even though the doctor tried to convince me otherwise... apparently my body is made for having children. with both I spent hours working my way up to a 3 (dialating) but went from a 3-10 in less than 30 minutes, pushed for less than 3 min total for both of them

Carrie is "special". It's not antyhing I mind talking about or anything. She's got temporal lobe epilepsy. I have spent the better part of my time in hospitals and at doctor's since she was born trying to tell them that there is somethign wrong and they need to find it. For the first year they blew me off... the second year, every new doctor we saw (and we've seen ALOT) would tell us there was somethign TERRIBLE wrong with her and we needed to get used to that diagnosis, only to have the testing prove them wrong. At one point I cried for 3 months because one was convinced she had Cerbral Palsey and that's how long it took for the testing and doctors to come back and say she didn't. In March she was sent in for a test they didn't think she needed but had decided to do because literally everything else had been ruled out... and they found it. (they aren't the pass out and convulse kind of seizures, in fact at this point there is no indication when she is having them)

Because she wasn't diagnosed, my doc spent my 9 pregnant months telling me that Kate could very likely have the same problems, and for the record it's a terrible thing to go through your pregnancy believing that somethign is wrong with your unborn child. But it is not the case. Kate is incredibly healthy and does things that I never saw Carrie do.

My weekly routine consists of Speech therepy, Physical therepy, Occupational therepy and doctor's appointments for Carrie (sometime a doc appt is for Kate). Also I try to keep the girls as active as possible (they're both doing swim lessons this summer, yes even my 5 months old, and Carrie's in gymnastics, and we participate in a local mommy group so we usually have at least one pladate a week). So I am super busy with their stuff. Some how I'm trying to find the time to take classes for medical transcription, so that income can send me back to college for accounting, though I'm not really sure if I ever plan on working outside the home.

Carrie starts school in the fall. I'm not really ready for that.

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."

Last edited by C&K'sMama; June 21st, 2010 at 01:23 PM.
June 21st, 2010, 01:20 PM
Sorry it's so much and not as much is about me... but that is my life

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
June 22nd, 2010, 11:17 AM
20 facts about me...

1. I don't like chocolate (it's okay in like candy bars, and I'll eat choc cake if it's the only thing available, but I HATE choc ice cream, fudge, or anything that is more chocolate than something else)

2. I have never even touched anything twilight related (books, movies, etc) not sure I want to, but I'm on team Jake (??)

3. I'm desperately awaiting the release of Suzanne Collins' third book to her Hungar Games trilogy... It's coming out Aug 24, and the girls will be in day care the following day, so I can read it

4. I rarely wear make up mostly because I don't know how to do any of the girlie things and I think i look silly when I try.

5. I listen to country almost exclusively, but some of my favorite songs are rock (boardering Metal, which chris listens to)

6. I have a heart tattoo on my hip which I got simply because I was cold

7. Unlike most military wives, moving frmoplace to placeis one of my favorite parts of this life. I hate the set up everywhere, but I love moving (as long as someone else moves my things)

8. I only have 1 cousin... everyone I know has a bajillion

9. I love criminal minds, ghost whisperer, and diners, drive ins and dives

10. I LOVE to cook, hate to bake

11. I love to scrap and I know I'm not bad at it, but I desperately want to lean to reach the level of many ladies on this board.

12. Before Carrie's birth I wanted a house full of boys, but since I had Carrie I dont know what I'd do if I had a boy. I'm so glad my house is all pink

13. I hated being pregnant... all those who say it's the most wonderful time in their lives and miss it... I do not understand that at all

14. I've been to as many countries as I have been to states in the US... I'm hoping after the move to NC, that will change with our proximity to some fun places on the east coast

15. I used to run a maintenance company and I can fix almost anything including electrical, plumbing, and other usually specialized things

16. I'm going to be aggressivly trying to lose 30 lbs before Dec 9

17. I blog It's a Girl's World

18. I was diagnosed a year ago with ADHD

19. I want a dodge journey SO bad and technically we can afford it. I just can't justify to myself spending that much a month on a car payment. I'm pretty cheap in general.

20. Even with carrie's delays I really wouldn't change a thing about my girls. I think like all mothers I just want my childen to be happy. At this time I dont thin her delays affect that, so I still believe she's perfect as is.

Last edited by C&K'sMama; June 22nd, 2010 at 11:22 AM.
June 23rd, 2010, 08:24 AM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think Wednesday is question day??

I'm a little confused and I'm not sure what states you been to. Have you been to other countries?

What is your plan to lose your weight?

What is your favorite dish to cook? How often do you cook?

What differences are you noticing in your girls' demeanor now as Kate is getting older?

What is your favorite scrappy item?

June 23rd, 2010, 08:41 AM
r&lsmama
Why do you want to loose weight ?(your already so skinny my friend)

what family trips do you want to plan when moving?

What traits are alike in the girls?
June 23rd, 2010, 02:46 PM
I think Wednesday is question day?? Wed is picture day, but I'll answer the questions I already have too, cause i'm not sure I'll be around much tomorrow.

I'm a little confused and I'm not sure what states you been to. Have you been to other countries? I've only been to a couple diffferant states, but I've been to 5 differant countries. I think it's kind of sad, and am trying to venture out more and see more of america.

What is your plan to lose your weight? The main part is that Chris will be spending most of his time at training, so I won't be cooking the "southern" meals I'm used to making around here. I eat while I cook, and I cook fattening things (CHris needs lots of calories to keep his weight up), so thats a big part. Also with him spending so much time out of the house I'll be more busy, and I'm going to take the girls to daycare some and hit the gym with my buddy. I want to do it right so it stays off

What is your favorite dish to cook? How often do you cook? FRIED CHICKEN CORN AND MAC AND CHEESE!! I could eat it 20 times a week! I cook every night (and usually I cook all 3 meals on weekends (almost) I love to cook.

What differences are you noticing in your girls' demeanor now as Kate is getting older? They really love eachother. At first Carrie was super indifferant to her, and now they adore eachother, babbling back and forth. It's really really cute!

What is your favorite scrappy item? My cricut I love how easy it makes titles. I used to hate doing them.

Why do you want to loose weight ? Thank you Ashley. I want to because I am technically "obese" (by like 2 pounds)... apparently I hide my weight well, but I'm way over my "target" weight. I want to lose 30, because when you resume your normal life you usually put back on 5-7 lbs, and if I lose 30, I'll still be happy with the resulting weight

what family trips do you want to plan when moving? I plan on driving to the beach often. My aunt has a time share in SC, on the beach, so we're going to try to stay there some. I want to hit disney, and DC, Maybe even a trip up to MA to see my awesome DDB Ashley I haven't researched it a lot, but we'll prob be there for quite some time so I want to see everything on the East coast and DC and Disney are very high on my want list.

What traits are alike in the girls? thier eyes are the same. Blue with white angel rings. I love them. they're both so laid back and like to sleep in for mommy They're happy smiley children and all the brown has left Kate's hair, so they have the same stick straight blonde hair Looks liekt hey both have daddy's nose

Last edited by C&K'sMama; June 23rd, 2010 at 02:49 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search