July chat!

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 12th, 2010, 07:31 PM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
Chantelle glad you had a good time at the concert, who did you see? and yay for scrapbuilders, i can't wait to see them all

Robyn i am sorry for you loss and for the loss of your friends. Great news your hats are selling so well, i hope you have time for a few pages.

Jen i am so glad you had a good vacation. we just booked 3 nights in banff for a family trip

Carrie sorry about your finger, glad you had fun with Caden though. Yay for catching up scrapbooking, 2 years is great i am still 5 years behind. did you get rid of the nest? we had this thing that we hung beside the nest and they flew in and couldn't get back out, worked really well

we didn't do much this weekend, DH finished our deck on Wednesday night and then got sick on Friday and is still sick poor guy, i took the boys to a birthday party yesterday and managed to get one challenge done and i made 2 paper dolls for the boys. i hope to get some more done tonight.

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

July 12th, 2010, 08:57 PM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm back

We've spent the last couple weeks out of town, but it feels like MONTHS. So much happened, good and bad... simply crazy-ness... The kids are being pains right now because of the inconsistant schedules, but I hope to return to scrapping soon (though the rest of themonth is going to be nutso too since we have to make up for things around that weren't done cause of being outof town)

So in TX, just a few things that happened

They cancelled Carrie's testing (it's hugely important) and currently insurance has it so upside down I'm not sure we'll ever get it... the whole reason we went to TX was for it and we didn't find out it was screwed up until after we'd already driven down there

MIL and I took the girls to the World Zoo and Aquarium (it has levels working from tree tops (birds and monkeys) to the ocean

I took Carrie on a ride on my father's new four wheeler

Carrie got to pet all the animals on my mom's "farm" (before the animals were too young, we didn't want her touching newborn bunnies and chickens)

I met Chris' aunt finally (she helped me over the phone when Carrie was a baby, I was really glad to finally get the chance to see her)

On 4th of July we shot fireworks and gave the girls hunks of watermelon... the pics are FANTASTIC from it.

I painted my father's house (pulled 2 all nighters to do it)

Huge fight with my father's "girl friend"

Saw friends we hadn't seen in years and met her little girl

I've got SOOO many new pictures to get printed and scrapped... like I'm not far enough behind!

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
July 13th, 2010, 07:02 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Wow, hectic!

We saw Taylor Swift, not my top pick, but it was fun
July 14th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
Welcome back, Alycia! Sorry to hear about the insurance problems, ugh. I hope it all gets worked out asap.

Chantelle- glad you had a good time at the concert

Tamara - yay for your DH finishing your deck! I really want a new deck but unfortunately my hubby isn’t handy enough to build me one.

As for the nest - DH went out that night, picked the bean vines off and then put the decoration with nest into the pond where it still sits (just to be safe, haha). However, there is a bigger nest about 2 feet away from where the other one was! Its in this water pump decoration for our pond, ugh. Its too big and heavy to toss in the pond, so we’re going to have to get some wasp killer and drench those suckers. Its far enough away from the garden that I think we should be able to use spray safely.

In other happenings Caden ripped the top of his toe off at the base of his big toe nail. Oh is it so gross. Luckily he did it at the pediatrician’s office - we were there for Parker’s 6mo check up and caden opened the metal/glass door walking in and his toe got caught underneath it *shudder* poor boy.

Tomorrow my mom is watching the boys and my Dad and I are going to Great America (six flags) - its been years since I’ve gone so I’m excited. Of course we picked the day in the middle of what looks to be a nasty heat wave so we’ll see… I guess it will be good practice for Disney.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart
July 14th, 2010, 09:53 PM
welcome back Alycia, i can't believe they canceled Carrie's testing and after you were on your way to, so sorry about that. the zoo and aquarium sound fun i would love to go to an aquarium again and to take the boys.

Carrie, omg poor Caden that had to hurt so much, it made me shudder just reading about it, oh poor guy, i hope it heals really quick. woo hoo for 6 flags, i've never been but it sounds fun.

Richard is finally starting to feel better, the poor guy has been nasty sick for a week, hopefully the kids and i don't get it. the Calgary stampede is on right now and we wanted to go on sunday (i wanted to see barenaked ladies) but he was to sick. So we decided we are not going to go, it is so expensive, would end up costing us 180$ to go, the boys would both want to go on rides and 50 a bracelet is so much and we would need 3 since one of us would have to go on a few of the rides with the boys. We are however going to go to the local theme park (calaway park) we have passes there and all the rides are free.

Still haven't done any other scrapping and so not happy about that but hopefully this weekend.

July 15th, 2010, 11:17 AM
SAHM and scrappymommy
Just quickly popping in to say I will be MIA this week. We are getting our new kitchen installed next Wednesday and DH and my BIL will be ripping our old one apart starting tomorrow. I am heading to my parents house with the kids (they live about 10 mins away). I will still pass on the layouts for scrapbuilders so no worries there.

I have to come back and bring food to Travis so he doesn't eat fast food but will only have time to check quickly and then be gone again.

Have a great week ladies!
July 15th, 2010, 12:51 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Alycia - Sorry to hear about Carrie's tests. Glad that you had fun at the zoo and aquarium and that your 4th went well. Hooray for more good pics!! And as for being behind with scrapping.....do we ever catch up?!?! LOL!

Carrie - Poor Caden! My toe started hurting just reading about it! I hope it heals up quickly!! I hope you are able to get rid of those darn wasps!! Hopefully that is the last nest of them!

Tamara - Glad to hear that your DH is feeling better. I hope that you and the kids stay well.

Jen - Wow, a new kitchen! Have fun at your parents!

I actually got some scrapping done yesterday!!! Finished my scrapbuilders page and am sooooooo excited to see everyone's pages now!! I also started on one of the crop challenges and am hoping to finish it today. I also managed to get a couple cards done the other day! I will have to post them on the July pages thread. I absolutely LOVE the wedding card I made!! Wish I had more time to scrap and work on cards. Definitely looking forward to the day that Josh is a little more independent.....where he can lay on the floor and play and be content instead of needing to be held all the time. I have been having to keep a pretty close eye on Kendra when she is around Josh. I caught her shaking Josh's swing (with Josh in it) the other day - thank goodness he is pretty well cradled in the swing and he didn't get hurt. Then she bit his fingers the other day. I really don't know what has gotten into her lately. Josh has his 1 month well check on Monday. Boy is he growing!!! He weighed 10 pounds 13 ounces and was 22 inches long....so gained almost 3 pounds and grew 2 inches since he was born! I keep telling Jason that Josh is in a hurry to grow up as he was able to hold his head up the day after he was born and is now trying to sit himself up straight when he is in his swing or in the bath. He managed to pull himself away from the backrest in the tub a whole inch yesterday. He also likes to stand when you are holding him. It just amazes me!

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

July 15th, 2010, 02:54 PM
Jen, are you on another scrapbooking forum that I'm on? If not, that's a strange coincidence!
July 15th, 2010, 03:35 PM
SAHM and scrappymommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssa&rylan's-mommy View Post
Jen, are you on another scrapbooking forum that I'm on? If not, that's a strange coincidence!
That is too funny! I never would have put 2 and 2 together. If it is the one you are talking about (APOS) then yes. I am scrappinmama over there.
July 16th, 2010, 06:04 AM
I thought so! haha, you mentioned about your kitchen over there too, that's what sent off the flare in my mind
July 16th, 2010, 06:38 AM
SAHM and scrappymommy
Yes this kitchen is consuming me. I can hardly wait for it to be done so I can get my house back in order.
July 16th, 2010, 01:58 PM
I know what you mean, it's so nice to have the renovations done, but such a headache while you're waiting!

SO and I are heading to visit his Mom shortly, then to a friend's house for a bbq
July 18th, 2010, 02:46 PM
How was everyone's weekend?
July 20th, 2010, 12:02 AM
weekend was good, Saturday we went for icecream with some friends and then to a provincial park right in the city and the kids played in the river, it was fun, then yesterday we went to Ikea and spent to much money, but i got some bins and shelves for my scrapbook room which i am hoping to paint this week

July 20th, 2010, 12:03 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I WANT TO SCRAP!!!!!!! I need something to get my mind off of this all the eventful (not in a fun way) things that have happened this week! Unfortunately, I don't think I am going to have time!

Saturday was good - not too eventful. Went to the lake to meet up with some of my family (who I don't get to see very often). Got about 1/2 way there and DH got paged to a fire (he is a volunteer fire fighter). We were too far to turn around so he missed the fire, but the whole time we were at the lake we were trying to figure out if the fire was close to any of our pasture ground. Very nerve racking! Was also being followed by a severe thunderstorm part of the way to the lake.

Sunday - a little more eventful. I woke up with Josh about 5 am and had some of the worst cramps in my stomach accompanied by other sickness related things. I think that it might have been from something I ate or drank the day before. Josh was fussy all morning and I felt horrible most of the day. Started feeling better in the evening so took DD to vacation bible school. Got home about 9:00 pm, ate supper and got the kids ready for bed. Had a storm come through that took out our electricity but didn't give us much rain. Electricity was back on about 12:30 this morning.

Today (Monday) - VERY eventful!! Josh had me up at 7 am today. Things were going well until about 11:30 am when DH called me and told me that he had rolled the 4-wheeler and that his mom was taking him to the emergency room for a few stitches...he would call me when they were done. 2:30 pm and still no phone call when he finally walks in the door. He has a wide gash on his forehead that is missing the top layers of skin and another gash right below it that they stitched together. He also has a few scratches and a huge bruise on his back. Asked him what exactly happened and he said that he went to cut through a ditch, forgetting that the county just dug the ditches out last year, and the 4-wheeler flipped over on top of him. This wouldn't have happened if the county would keep their ditches mowed up. Right now the weeds are so tall and thick in the ditches that they really don't look that deep making it easy to forget that they are. We are very lucky that he didn't get hurt worse or killed. DD had VBS again tonight. She nearly suffered a head injury herself. Apparently one of the other kids in her group pushed her and she fell and hit her head on the pew. Luckily she has a hard head like her dad. DH also had another fire call. He didn't go though as he wouldn't have been much help with how cut and bruised up he is.

Really hoping this week settles down a bit. When DH went up for stitches the Dr reminded him that it was this week last year when the really bad hail storms came through. It was the 21st of July when the hail storm came through that took out all of our crops. REALLY REALLY hoping that doesn't happen again!!!!

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

July 20th, 2010, 10:49 AM
SAHM and scrappymommy
Kelsey - I am glad to hear it wasn't more serious for your hubby. Hopefully this week will be calm and boring. LOL

Well we are done getting the kitchen ready for the cabinets. They come tomorrow morning at 8 am to install them. Although I did a second coat of paint on the walls this morning and it looks like there is marks on the wall from the roller. Travis is going to go over with them with a brush and see if that fixes it up. If not he will use a roller tonight. 2 more days and I can finally get my house back in order. It is chaos over there!
July 20th, 2010, 11:30 AM
Oh Kelsey i am so sorry about your husband, i am glad he is doing ok.

Jen very exciting about your kitchen

July 21st, 2010, 05:20 AM
Working my butt off this week getting ready to have a yard sale this weekend, yippee
July 22nd, 2010, 05:24 PM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
So.... Where is everybody?!?!

I'm guilty too - I've been trying to get our house cleaned and organized and ended up rearranging the living room. This room looks great now but all the other rooms are destroyed so I have a lot of work ahead of me! I also need to get started on our costumes.

I've been trying to get down to scrap but so far it hasn't happened I did order the things I need to start working on Christmas gifts and lots of adhesive, so hopefully that will inspire me! I should be trying to cut fabric with my cricut soon so I'll let you all know how that goes

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart
July 23rd, 2010, 11:24 AM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Getting ready for Chris' schedule to change. It'll mean not as mcuh time at home, so we've been trying to do family things. With this change my scrappy time I think will be more limited soon

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search