July chat!

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 23rd, 2010, 10:56 AM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
Sorry to hear about the schedule change but I'm glad you guys have been getting some family time in now at least! Is this a permanent change?

I finished a page this morning after I worked out so yay for that! I'm about to grab Caden and I some lunch and head downstairs again. I finally dug out the exersaucer and cleaned it up last night and set it up in the family area where my scrapbook stuff is so I have a place for Parker to play down there. Hopefully that means I can get a little more scrapping done during the day when both kids are awake (caden already has a million and one toys down there to keep him occupied)

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart
July 23rd, 2010, 01:15 PM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's through December, then we move to NC so I don't know what his schedule will be like then. I'm hoping more 9-5ish than it's ever been

I've got a plan! I'm excited... we're going to have a little extra money so I decided I'm going to get ALL our pictures printed. I don't think it'll happen until the end of sept but I'm so stoked cause it's literally a couple thousand pics

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
July 24th, 2010, 08:07 PM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
sorry i haven't been online since wednesday night, Tristan burnt his hands on Monday so i've been focusing on him and trying to get this house clean, piles of laundry, so much to do and it's been nice so we have been outside alot, all i have done is make a baby card and the ones for the Christmas in July exchange

Very excited about getting pictures printed Kelsey, i only get them printed twice a year when i see kodak has sales, need to make an order soon they have 20% off right now. I have boxes of pictures to scrap too

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

July 25th, 2010, 07:28 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Tamara - Ouch! Did Tristan burn them pretty bad? I hope that they heal quickly and he is feeling better soon!

Alycia - Sorry about the schedule change and not being able to do much scraping. How exciting about getting all your pics printed (later) though! I just got a whole bunch of pics printed a couple weeks ago when Kodak was having their 10 cent sale (I must have missed the memo about the 9 cent sale as my mom typed in a code when she ordered hers and got them for 9 cents each).

Carrie - That is great that your kids have something to do close by your scrapping area! I can't wait until our basement is done and my kids have something to do close to my scraping area. I think that I will be a lot more productive when I scrap when they are able to be downstairs too.

I have been trying to scrap - I have 3 pages in progress right now. Doing the scrapbuilders page was just what I needed to get me motivated to get scrapping again! I can't wait to see the scrapbuilders reveal!!! I am sooo excited to see what everyone came up with and how the layout changed!! I am also excited to get the paper I just ordered in - not here yet, but should be sometime this next week. I ordered about 13 different colors of plain cardstock (mostly pinks, purples, blues, and greens) and Josh's baby album the other day. I needed to restock on these colors so that I had plenty to choose from when working on the kid's scrapbooks. This site had soooo much to choose from! Has anyone else shopped on this site? Craft supplies, scrapbooking and sewing at discount prices -- CreateForLess

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

July 25th, 2010, 10:53 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
We had a busy weekend this weekend.. parade and fair on Thursday, fair on Friday, park and grocery shopping on Saturday, then SO and I went to see a friends band play last night.. lots of pictures to scrap!
July 25th, 2010, 10:07 PM
I had a very productive day today!!! Finished 2 scrapbook pages and 3 cards!! I uploaded them onto the July pages for anyone who wants to see. Amazing what I can get done when DD isn't very active (she isn't feeling well - runny nose, sore throat and fever) and DS sleeps most of the day (hopefully that doesn't mean that he is coming down with the stuff that DD has). Off to bed early tonight!!

July 27th, 2010, 11:56 AM
JM has been acting funky for me lately, it's touch and go as to whether or not I'll be able to get on at any given time. Wierd.

Alyssa has been going to VBS this week, so it's just been Ry and I in the evenings. I started a LO last night, hoping to finish it tonight!
July 28th, 2010, 06:43 PM
How is everyone doing?? Things are a little better this week here. DD is still sick but I think she is finally starting to get over whatever bug she had. Bad part is that I think that I am coming down with it now. I have a very sore throat (which was the first symptom DD had). Really hoping that I don't give it to Josh! DH got his stitches out yesterday. Looks like his wounds are going to heal okay. Still having trouble transitioning Josh to a bottle. I only seem to make it to about 6 weeks breastfeeding before I lose my motivation and patience. I really don't like being the only one that can feed him and being the only one that has to get up with him in the middle of the night. Had my DH's mom pick up a breastflow bottle while they were in Denver so will give that a try. Really hope it works! Got my order from createforless.com yesterday!!! I am loving my new stock of paper and Josh's baby album! I got 14 colors of paper (25 sheets per pack for a total of 350 sheets of paper) and Josh's album for just over $100. I thought that was a pretty good deal! That site is going to get me in trouble! LOL!! They have soooo much stuff! Made another card today. Pretty basic so don't know if I will post a pic or not. Guess not much else is going on here. I hope that everyone is doing well!!

July 29th, 2010, 07:04 AM
unfortunately we are not doing well. Carrie is having major problems adjusting to having daddy around less and Kate seems to be boycotting sleep (she's never slept through the night but now she's up literally every hour when is making for one worn out mama). Our schedule is packed and it's just so hard to get ANYTHING done with the girls being the way they are lately.

My house is a mess, my lawn needs to be mowed, I desperately need to grocery shop, I have a ton of school to catch up on... and I NEED TO SCRAP (scrapping = my sanity)... none of which I can do with my kids (carrie's sensory problems make her fear most of the above mentioned).

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
July 29th, 2010, 07:59 AM
So sorry things are not going well Alycia. I hope that things start going better with the new schedule soon. And I know what you mean about scrapping = sanity! I was going through the needing to scrap stage last week.

July 29th, 2010, 09:11 AM
Hope things calm down for you soon, Alycia!

Have my kids down for a nap and sent SO to the store to pick up some snacks, we're going to try and watch an episode of Firefly before the kids wake up. Then he's off to work at 4, his last night though! And we're heading to Prince Edward Island tomorrow
July 30th, 2010, 10:04 AM
Chantelle - I’ve been having a few issues, too - not sure if its my internet or what. I moved the Gateway for our house (we have uverse for cable/internet and everything is run through a gateway - a big modem looking thing that flashes and blinks - runs the wifi, TV, etc) and knocked out our service lol. Apparently you’re not supposed to move it but I had the cords figured out (in the end it was fine) but some sites are loading slow recently for me. Anyway…

Kelsey - I hope you’re not getting sick! I sure wish Mommy’s got sick days. Starting to feel like I’m coming down with something is up there with the world ending these days in my mind. I hate being sick! How are you feeling now? Good luck transitioning to the bottle. Have you tried Avent bottles? They are what we used for both boys whenever they’d get a bottle and neither have had any problems going from breast to bottle and back again. And Yay for getting your order!!! I really need to get some new papers.

Alycia - sorry things aren’t going too well. I hope the girls adjust to the new schedule asap and you’re able to find some time for yourself!

Sorry to be kind of missing ladies! I try to check in often. We had some drama that has all be sorted out at least. It looks like we might be getting a house guest for sept - it will be stressful! But at least we’ll be gone a good chunk of the month and have someone to watch our house and the animals while we’re away. So I’ve been working to try to get the house cleaned and organized. I bought a lot of goodies to start working on Christmas gifts, now I just need time!! I should have more time pretty soon to craft which will be nice - at least I hope. This weekend is pretty busy with bday parties and such but I’m hoping to get at least a little time for scrapping in. I need to finish my cards for the swap!

July 30th, 2010, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie429 View Post
Kelsey - I hope you’re not getting sick! I sure wish Mommy’s got sick days. Starting to feel like I’m coming down with something is up there with the world ending these days in my mind. I hate being sick! How are you feeling now? Good luck transitioning to the bottle. Have you tried Avent bottles? They are what we used for both boys whenever they’d get a bottle and neither have had any problems going from breast to bottle and back again. And Yay for getting your order!!! I really need to get some new papers.
My throat REALLY hurt for about 1 1/2 days and my sinuses have been acting up for about 1 1/2 days on top of that. Gave me a pretty bad head ache and made my ears hurt. Think I am getting over it now. Nose and sinuses are still a little plugged but not feeling as bad as I was. Transitioning Josh has gotten much easier!! We FINALLY found a bottle that he would take. It was only the 5th one we tried! It is the Tommee Tippee bottle. Found out today that my mom got me a Cricut Expression for Christmas. I only found out because I was complaining about wanting the Pumpkin Carving cart but couldn't get it because I couldn't cut designs big enough to use as patterns on the pumpkins. I am SOOOOOOOOO excited!!! I have been wanting to do some pages with big letter monograms on them and now I will be able to do that!

July 31st, 2010, 11:41 AM
omg I have the stomach flu - again!! This definitely hasn't been the worst I have had but I still feel terrible and the chills are horrid. DH got me some ginger ale and I think my self control was lacking because I know I drank too much and am anticipating another bathroom session any minute. I just want to go to sleep

I love my kids but man are they little germ factories! I haven't had the stomach flu in probably 15 years and now that I have kids this is the 3rd time in less than a year and a half, ugh. The last time was a christmas gift from my mom (ha) and I was 39wks pregnant - worst experience ever.

Anyway - we had a bday party to go to and I need to finish my cards but now that is obviously not going to happen At least dh is home!

Kelsey - yay for getting an expression!! It is nice to be able to make larger cuts and I didn't even think about how the pumpkin cart wasn't compatible with the original bug or create. I got that cart a few weeks ago and love it! Can't wait to make some cute pumpkins

July 31st, 2010, 08:59 PM
Kelsey - I'm So jealous about the expression machine!! I really want to page large cut outs (like the large circles that MANY layouts are based around. YAY for not getting TOO sick before you start to recover! and YAY for finding a good bottle! I'm with you there on the patience factor on feeding.

Carrie - SO SORRY to hear that you'e sick! I've only had a stomach flu 3 times in my life twice of which have been since Carrie was born (the first time I actually gave it to her and had to take her to the hospital because of it )Hope you feel better soon. Mommy's need sick days!!!

Looks like me and Kelsey are both anxiously awaiting Christmas () THat's when this schedule madness ends with Chris. But things are getting better around here. Much less stress. I pulled the girls out of swim lessons (very sad to do it but it's better for Carrie that we have more down time right now and these were the last classes of the summer). And I hired a lawn guy. Chris broke our mower, and carrie's TERRIFIED of the sound... so between borrowing one, getting it in and out of my TINY car, yup I have a toyota Yaris it's about as small as they make, and then getting daycare and such so Carrie doesn't freak it's SUCH A PAIN (yea I know we could have just bought one, but that's a large up front investment that we really don't have right now and it still wouldnt' help witht he scaring Carrie part)... but anyways the lawn was a big stress factor for me cause there were parts of my backyard taller than my 2.5 year old! I decided just to putthe school stuff on hold until things were more calm around here and since I've been less stressed the girls have been much better (still not letting me sleep, but at least reasonablyhappy during the daytime hours)... !! Carrie's turning into quite the cheeser. She's starting to play the world's cutest form of "hide and seek" (She's REALLY bad at it and it's SO CUTE) and she's smiling when you're pointing the camera at her and you tell her to. She's hamming it up for the camera too. She... I can't describe what she's started doing, but it makes me laugh and me laughing makes Kate laugh... I love it. Also Carrie has started dancing to music (she used to only dance when I'd tell her to)... her fave is the "you can deal with this... or you can deal with that" hamster ad for the SOUL. So CUTE!

I haven't scrapped lately, which I still desperately need to but I went though all our pictures that I have printed and seperated them into pages I need to do which made me feel a lot better cause they were so mixed up I never knew what I was looking for. Also I know some pics were lost in the move andI needed to figure out which ones I need to have reprinted. But organizing that stuff made me feel somewhat better.

Last edited by C&K'sMama; July 31st, 2010 at 09:03 PM.
August 1st, 2010, 09:18 PM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
Kelsey, Tristan had been helping cook and when we were donr he went to get dh and i forgot to move the chair away from the stove, he climbed back up and the burner was off but still hot and he just slammed both hands down on the burner, he had one spot that the blister opened up but he handled it all pretty good, he didn't let it bother him after the forst 45 minutes. Glad your daughter is feeling better, sorry you got the sore throat now, we all had that the last 2 weeks, Holden takes the playtex wide mouth air flow bottle(bent one) really well it is shaped like a breast, but you have to get the wide flow one, the breastflow ones are great too and thats what i was using but couldn't find the stage 2 or 3 bottles so i switched to the platex ones with no problems, so nice of your mom to get you the expression

Alycia, your house sounds like mine, we still haven't got everything put away from our trip but thats my fault as i put out my back while we were away, it is starting to get better but hurts to stand for to long and hard to lift things, hoping it is all better tomorrow

Chantalle, how did your garage sale go?

Carrie i have our exersaucer by my scrapbook table too, it's a nice change for him from the jumperoo. Oh Carrie i am so sorry you are sick, i had the stomach flu when i was pregnant with Holden, it is so not fun and so hard to care for the kids, i hope you feel better soon

We got back from Banff on Friday afternoon with me barely being able to walk, it was horrible and i am slowly starting to get better. We all had a lot of fun though, there are waterslides at the hotel and a huge 3 story indoor play structure, the kids love it, the rooms are all suites with a kitchen and a fireplace so we bring our own food to save money, plus i booked for 40% off, it was a great week. i will post some pictures when i get some on photobucket. Yesterday we went to a football game and dh Ryland, Holden and I got out picture with the Grey Cup, and they had a bunch of football themed bouncy castles, that has been out week and now i have a massively messy house to clean

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search