July chat!

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 5th, 2010, 09:04 AM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
Happy July everyone!! How was everyone's 4th (or Canada day )

We kept it pretty low key here - Caden started throwing up late Thursday night/early Friday morning so I got no sleep and we all went into a little bit of a panic. He threw up a little on Saturday, too. Luckily it seems that it was just a mild stomach bug or upset stomach but we were all worried for a bit! Our pediatrician wanted to see him just to be safe and everything looks good, so we are all relieved. Other than that we've just been relaxing and enjoying our weekend! I did get a few pages done yesterday so hopefully I'll get those posted today

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart
July 5th, 2010, 11:09 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Our Canada Day was pretty good, took the kids to all the festivities. Although we didn't stay for much of the fireworks, Alyssa was terrified!
July 5th, 2010, 11:20 PM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
Canada Day was good, we went to a BBQ at our friends house and the kids bounced in a bouncy castle. then DH went out to the Stampeders football game. I stayed home with the boys because it was a 8:00 game. In other news we are building a deck, Richard has to go and get 1 more deck board, one was screwed up so other then that he is done except for the clear coat going on top. He did a really good job i am proud of him. I finished my scrapbiulders page really quickly today. i was quite surprised really. i have another page almost done, just need to add a title and then i will post it here. We also went to a birthday party this weekend too and the boys had a blast, i will post some pics of that since i cut out some of the decorations with my cricut.

Carrie i am glad Caden seems to be better now, it is no fun when the kids are sick.

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

July 6th, 2010, 05:25 AM
It's going to be a coffee kind of day today. I'm completely exhausted.
July 6th, 2010, 12:31 PM
sunny's Avatar It's all in the Hips!
LOL I just finished my second cup of coffee and a diet coke and I am BUZZING! I usually only do one cup of coffee and one diet coke per day so the extra coffee has me going a mile a minute! Didn't sleep well last night so I def needed it but WOW....

Yuck on the flu glad Caden is feeling better!

Our fireworks were great here and even Lainey (my almost 4 month old) loved them! We went to the beach yesterday (we live VERY close to Lake Michigan) and the dog was in heaven as was my oldest Gabby. Lainey was not digging her first trip there as think it was too bright and windy for her. We still got about an hour in and all got a bit of sun (hubby and his friend got burnt since no sunscreen, men!).

I did NOT want to go back to work today!
July 6th, 2010, 03:16 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Our town celebrated their 125th anniversary the weekend of the 2nd-4th. We did most of our celebrating on the 3rd. Started with city wide garage sales that morning (I bought Kendra a bike with training wheels for $10.00), Turtle races right before lunch (where someone ran off with Kendra's turtle after the race), lunch with DH's family, museum exhibit about the town at the library after dinner, home to rest up and then fireworks that night. They kept stopping the fireworks as there was a storm moving in that had some pretty fierce winds in front of it. Both kids were pretty whiny and fussy about 1/2 way through the fireworks and both fell asleep on the way home.

I have been trying to catch back up on all the house work as I got pretty behind before Joshua was born and haven't had much time or energy to do much until recently. I haven't gotten much done today unfortunately as Joshua has been pretty fussy and wants to be held all the time. I would really like it if he would take a nap (that was more than 10 minutes long and without me holding him)! I have managed to get 12 thank you cards done and have posted a picture in the July pages thread.

Well, Joshua is calling. Gotta go.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

July 7th, 2010, 04:52 AM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My weekend was spent scrapbooking! I think I did maybe twelve pages and am finally up to November 2009. I have six more or so, but I have to get titles on them. I'm not a fan of doing titles, so they are sitting there waiting in a pile. Hopefully I'll get to that this coming weekend.

It's been too hot to do anything, so it's been nice doing some pages. We went to the neighbors for a cookout and fireworks on the fourth. The fireworks were pretty good, but I think I prefer the ones at the park.

July 7th, 2010, 11:07 AM
The crop starts this Friday right?

July 7th, 2010, 11:54 AM
Yea!! Friday morning or whenever the guest host can get the challenges posted. I can't wait. I just bought a new pack a paper and looking forward to using it!!

July 8th, 2010, 11:19 PM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
i am super excited for tomorrow, i hope i can get alot done tomorrow and saturday

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

July 9th, 2010, 07:45 AM
sunny's Avatar It's all in the Hips!
I am ready to scrap this weekend as sooooo need to get in that crafty outlet!
July 9th, 2010, 01:42 PM
I'm going to get as many of the challenges done as I can, but it looks like I might be going to a concert tomorrow so I know I won't be able to get them all done.
July 9th, 2010, 11:03 PM
*ScrappyMom*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to *ScrappyMom* Send a message via MSN to *ScrappyMom* Send a message via Yahoo to *ScrappyMom*
Hey everyone. Sorry my challenges were late, we have been insanely busy around here, we ended school, hockey & baseball all in the same week, plus a funeral (my grandpa`s) & now 2 more next week (a friend of DH`s had a heart attack yesterday, & a close family friend lost his grandma). On top of all that, I have been making hats like no ne`s busines, it`s just been crazy! I`m hoping to get some scrapping in this weekend, once I find my desk!!

Custom crochet hats for you & your little ones!
Check out my FB Group!!

July 10th, 2010, 06:53 PM
SAHM and scrappymommy
Carrie - glad to hear Caden is doing better.

Sounds like everyone had great holiday weekends.

Robyn - sorry to hear about all 3 funerals.

We went away to Michigan this week to a friends cottage (actually a friend from here on JM). We had a fabulous time with fabulous weather!
July 11th, 2010, 08:57 AM
How is everyone coming along with the crop challenges? I got two layouts done yesterday (one challenge) and am hoping to have time to work on a few more tonight.

Caden and I were playing yesterday and I jammed my finger - hurts like heck! Other than that its been a pretty low key weekend. This week coming up is pretty busy so not sure how much time I'll have for scrapping, but I'm less than 2 years behind now so I'm feeling motivated lol.

Jen - Glad to hear you had a good time!

Robyn - Sorry for your loss, and 3 no less

Chantelle - how was the concert?

July 11th, 2010, 10:04 AM
SAHM and scrappymommy
I am hoping to actually get some of the challenges done this month. I am going to work on a few of them tonight.
July 11th, 2010, 10:09 AM
OT question - anyone one know how to get rid of a wasp nest without chemicals? I have a bee decoration/stake (how fitting) in my veggie garden and when I went out to weed this morning I noticed a big fat wasp nest in the nose of the bee! I can't spray it with wasp killer since its my veggie garden (and I have tons of veggies growing, yum!) but I also won't go near it with all those wasps, plus my dog tries to eat them and I don't want the kids playing out back to get stung. I sprayed it with the hose but not sure if it will work.. I can't get close enough for max pressure with the hose for fear of those darn buggers. Will soaking it work?

July 11th, 2010, 07:49 PM
I have heard that spraying the nest and any of the wasps with something that contains alcohol in it at night will do the trick. Sounded like they won't fly in the dark so you can get closer to the nest and the alcohol will suffocate them.

July 12th, 2010, 05:11 AM
Can you remove the decoration and take it away so you can spray it? My DH knocked down a nest and they were back in no time. We need to spray it to get rid of it. Though, the alcohol sounds like a good idea, too.

July 12th, 2010, 08:23 AM
The concert was great, had a lot of fun in PEI

Got most of the scrapbuilder's layout done last night, just need to add the title.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search