Question about photo sizes

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 8th, 2010, 02:50 PM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I do a lot of my layouts from sketches and I see lots of them with really small pictures, like 2x2 or 1.5x2 or 1x3. I am wondering how you print them in that size? I usually print all my pics at Target and crop them down, but can rarely get them that small. Do you have to use special software or a special printer? If so, what do you use? I would love to be able to do a sketch with smaller pictures and not lose the focus of the picture. It would also be nicer to get more pictures on a page.

July 8th, 2010, 10:06 PM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
i often just cut down the 4x6 picture if i can, otherwise i use paintshop to crop it into a square

if i am at an event that i take alot of pictures i will take extra pictures from further away so i can cut them small too, or i will zoom into one part of a picture

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

Last edited by Tamaralynnb; July 8th, 2010 at 10:09 PM.
July 9th, 2010, 04:20 AM
Yeah, I do that, too. I don't have paint shop, so can't do that. Sometimes I just want my layout to look like the sketch and that rarely happens

July 9th, 2010, 05:35 AM
Caalypso's Avatar Veteran
I use photoshop. I'm pretty sure other softwares can do the same thing... Or you can download the demo and get a few done
Basically you select the cropping tool, and you enter the size you want your selection to be. So say you select what would be 3x3 in the picture, you could just enter you want it to be 2x2 and it'll resize it. Then you change the canvas size to 4x6 so if you go to print it at target, it prints your 2x2 on a 4x6 (since they don't have a smaller size). And then I sometimes use paint to put a few of those small pics all together so I only have to pay for one 4x6 (by copy/pasting them)

Hope this helps

July 9th, 2010, 06:44 AM
sunny's Avatar It's all in the Hips!
also scrapbookpictures.com you can get HUGE range of sizes printed for cheap! Or you can use picasa and make collages using grid method and get smaller sizes! I am doing this to get wallets done but on 4x6 prints (snapfish has them for 1 cent each right now!)
July 11th, 2010, 05:12 AM
I finally found something! I have Publisher on my work computer, so I copied all my pictures into one document in the size I wanted, then saved it as a jpeg file. Then I sent it to Target as a 8x10 and printed it out. Thanks for all the tips!!

July 11th, 2010, 07:50 AM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
I usually just cut down a 4x6 photo but if that isn't working and I want to get something smaller, I use photoshop to crop it down and then print the photo at home.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search