August Crop!! (and a change)

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 22nd, 2010, 04:31 PM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
Hey ladies - just a reminder that August's crop will be held on the 13th!!

Also, Tamara and I have been talking and have decided to go back to weekend crops for the time being. Participation right now is pretty low, especially during the week, and it seemed like we had more participation when crops lasted the weekend (I know, personally, I tend to put things off over weekends thinking I'll get to them during the week and don't). It was also more of a challenge, in my opinion, to get the challenges done in that time - at least I made it a challenge for myself hehe. This doesn't mean you can't work on the challenges past the weekend - you're welcome to work on them all year! But for prizes and such and overall focus we'll just stick with the weekend for now at least.

Everyone seems pretty busy right now which is expected with summer so hopefully we'll see participation up soon! Tamara and I have some things planned for the future and I think we'll be doing another post/scrap challenge in October

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart
July 22nd, 2010, 05:31 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds good.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

July 22nd, 2010, 06:07 PM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aw!! August is one month I was looking forward to having a whole week. We are going on vacation and will be returning the crop weekend, so looks like I'll miss all of this one.

July 23rd, 2010, 10:08 AM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Disappointed too. I usually get several of them done on the weekend but I like having the rest of the week to finish the stragglers... I don't think I can get all challenges done in a weekend with both kids and DH's schedule (still during the crop). I'm much less likely to do a challenge once the crop is over.

But I will be in town on the 13 (supposed to be anyways) so I'll actually get to participate in this one

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
July 23rd, 2010, 10:40 AM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
You don’t have to get them all done in the weekend or not at all.. I hope people continue to work on them if they can’t finish them in a weekend. Its just that when crops are going on we don’t want to do other things to detract from the crop or push the challenges off the page so this will allow the crop to be the focus for a weekend and move onto other things during the week. As it stands now the challenges just sit there for a week and maybe a person or two posts at the end. If we end up with more participation, then we can extend them. It was just that the crops seemed more successful and active when they lasted a weekend over a week. We’re trying to get participation up and as of now, week long crops weren’t the answer. We tried to extend the challenges into the week to make the crop more active as a weekly event, but that was met with opposition, too, so.... There is no rule saying you can’t keep working on them - heck, you can do January’s challenges tomorrow! So feel free! If 8 challenges seem too much (period or in regards to any prize offered) we can go back to 6 or make 2 of the 8 bonus challenges.

In the mean time we’re trying to figure out other challenges, we have some ideas for upcoming swaps, exchanges, etc.

Also I think instead of weekly challenges we’re going to do twice a month for now and hopefully that will give people more time to get those done, too.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart
July 23rd, 2010, 10:43 AM
sunny's Avatar It's all in the Hips!
I am a weekend scrapper but I also plan to just work on challenges for my own personal accomplishments as it helps me get layouts done having a theme/challenge to use
July 23rd, 2010, 11:19 AM
ASailorsWife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The summer is always a bad time for me to scrap. My 3 stepkids are with us so I am a SAHM of 4. There is no time for me to scrap while they are awake and the only time I have with hubby is after the kids go to sleep. He doesnt want to scrap with me- I asked! They will be moving back with mom in a few more weeks so the end of Aug I might be back to posting more.

July 24th, 2010, 07:53 PM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASailorsWife View Post
The summer is always a bad time for me to scrap. My 3 stepkids are with us so I am a SAHM of 4. There is no time for me to scrap while they are awake and the only time I have with hubby is after the kids go to sleep. He doesnt want to scrap with me- I asked! They will be moving back with mom in a few more weeks so the end of Aug I might be back to posting more.
other then the step kids that is me too, i have no choice really but to scrap after 9 at night and on weekends right now and some nights all i want to to is sit down and watch a show or come on the computer

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

July 25th, 2010, 10:19 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Looking forward to it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search