cleaning vs. scrapping

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 30th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
Do you need a clean scrap space before you can get to work?

What about your house/chores in general - can you push them aside for a little me/scrap time?

…….

I usually have to tidy up my scrap space before I get to work though if I have a project in progress that usually stays out until its done… as does a lot of the “mess”! As for the rest of the house I usually like to have the house clean and chores done before I’ll let myself time to scrap. That’s probably why I haven’t had much time lately. As soon as I get this place clean Caden pulls out 50 million toys and something gets spilled and the cat hacks up a hair ball… and if nothing else then the weekend comes and DH is home and even though he isn’t really messy… the house is always in bad shape come Monday! I keep thinking if I could just get us better organized I could keep the house clean… but alas… hehe.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart
July 30th, 2010, 06:13 PM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My scrap space is an organized mess. I could care less if my house is a mess so I can scrap . I work outside the home, so I don't really like spending my time off cleaning. My husband understands, I mean he gets a little irritated, but he can't complain.

July 30th, 2010, 09:52 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you need a clean scrap space before you can get to work? As long as I have a space on my table that is cleared off I am okay to scrap. It helps if my scrapping space is cleaned up because I can find things a lot easier and am able to get things done faster.

What about your house/chores in general - can you push them aside for a little me/scrap time? I can definitely put housework aside to do some scrapping!! LOL!! I would much rather scrap than clean house! I am trying to make myself get some cleaning done before I do any scrapping though. I have divided my house up into 7 sections and clean 1 section a day (Saturday's are really easy though - made it that way so that I could have a day that has more me time). Unfortunately my plan of cleaning 1 section of my house a day isn't working right now because I am still getting used to having a 3 year old and an infant and working around their schedules.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

August 1st, 2010, 09:37 PM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
no but it does make it easier and faster if i am not searching for stuff. Carrie i am the same i like to have my house clean and it often isn't which is why i haven't been scrapping as much as i want to be. Fall will be better though. better organized is my dream but still hasn't happened, and with 3 boys not helping when they take things out as soon as i put them away. i am extremely lucky though in the way that DH does clean alot, i am so blessed.

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

August 2nd, 2010, 06:51 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
My scrap stuff has to be packed away everytime since I use it in the kitchen, so I always start with a clean space.

As for housework, as long as the basics are done (toys picked up, dishes done, floor swept) I can push it aside for a bit to let myself get some scrapbooking done.
August 4th, 2010, 09:31 AM
*ScrappyMom*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to *ScrappyMom* Send a message via MSN to *ScrappyMom* Send a message via Yahoo to *ScrappyMom*
I prefer a clean scrap space, just so I can find things that much easier! My scrap space is tiny though & needs a bit of reorganization, which is one of the reasons I haven`t been scrapping as much lately.

As for my house, I do clean in the mornings, then make hats in the afternoon/evening. I have to vaccum everyday, because we have a cat & carpet in the kitchen, of all things. We are in the midst of slow renovation of our house, so it`s hard to have my house spotless with tools & whatnot scattered around! Once I get new floors & baseboards, my house will be MUCH cleaner!! I also have 2 little guys bored at home all day, which doesn`t help the mess much!! Oh & some organization in our closets are needed as well, so that things are easier to store. Soon though, it will all be done!

Custom crochet hats for you & your little ones!
Check out my FB Group!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search