July Scrapbuilders Reveal!!!!

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 3rd, 2010, 02:01 PM
SAHM and scrappymommy
O.k ladies here it is! Everyone (except me) was able to complete it. I thought I would have time but my time was right when we had the kitchen done so it just didn't happen. Hopefully September will be my month

Original by sydandlogan'smommy (Jen)

Carrie

Tamara

Emily

Chantelle

Kelsey

Amanda

Becky

Stephanie

Alycia

August 3rd, 2010, 03:34 PM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
Great job ladies,

Carrie i love your theme, and you really had me stuck on what to do, took me forever to figure out what i was going to scrap.

Emily i love your paper and how you used the ric rac and the dots following the plane is awesome

Chantelle sooo cute, love the little chocolate faces on your kids, and i have never seen chocolate chip paper before

Kelsey, i love how you rotated this and i adore the monkey paper, the whole page is fantastic

Amanda, i love it, did you overlap your title or did it cut like that? and the striped paper really pulls your eye to the center photo which is adorable.

Becky, I am so glad you were able to participate this month, your page of Mark is beautiful, i love everything about it, and he is such a handsome baby boy, congrats again

Stephanie i love your title the page is so colorful and fits perfectly with the picture of your daughter, great page.

Alycia that is adorable and i can't wait to see it with the photos on it. I love the striped paper behind the title and ducks, the waves are cute too.

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

August 3rd, 2010, 09:38 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have been impatiently waiting for this moment!! LOL!! Everyone has such great pages!! I just love seeing the progression of the pages!

Jen - Great LO to start off scrapbuilders! Bummer that you didn't get to do your turn.

Carrie - I love your page! It is so clean and flows so well!

Tamara - I love that ric-rac! I have never seen any like that before! Your papers go so nicely together and that bird is so cute!

Emily - I love the plane with the dots behind it!! Very cute page!

Chantelle - I love how you used the chocolate chip paper!! I always have such a hard time using those picture papers. I love how you used the different shades of brown too.

Amanda - I love your font! Cricut?? If so, what cart? Those little baby jar embellishments are cute too!!

Becky - I absolutely love that page!!

Stephanie - I love how you layered the font of your title! Is it a cricut font? What cart (if it is) and what settings?? I am still working on layering fonts to make them look good.

Alycia - I really like how you used the patterned paper as the background. I think it really makes your waves pop from the page. I bet it will look super cute with the pics on it!!

Can't wait for Septembers scrapbuilders!!!

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

August 4th, 2010, 04:09 AM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Great job, ladies!!

Tamara, I layered them after I cut them. I'm trying to experiment with my titles. Kelsey, I think that font is Simply Sweet or it may be Jubilee. They look so similar and I have both.

Carrie, I love your title. Is it handwritten or a rub-on?

Tamara, I really like the bird and how you tied the patterned paper in.

Emily, that plane paper is too cute!

Chantelle, I like how you used the lighter paper on the darker background

Kelsey, those are the cutest pictures and so is the monkey paper.

Becky, I like the sewing effect around the circle pics. Cute little guy!

Stephanie, you have a way of making the embellishments and picsture stand out with the busy paper. Love it!!

Alycia, love the ducks!!

Last edited by mandalyn; August 4th, 2010 at 04:22 AM.
August 4th, 2010, 06:04 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Great job ladies! It's amazing how differently we all change the same sketch!
August 4th, 2010, 10:49 AM
sunny's Avatar It's all in the Hips!
Jen- love those flowers! Are they punches or dies?

Carrie-love it this is so my style super cute!

Tammara-GORGEOUS and Fun! One of my faves! The colors are great with the pics and love your embellies! (that is basic grey pp isn't it?)

Emily-love the clean and simple (my go to style for sure!)

Chantelle-So cute! I always want to use those bracket things on LO's but have yet to do it!

Kelsey-super cute monkey paper and pics to go with!

Amanda- great job! Fun pics!

Becky-LOVED it! Thanks for giving me such a great lo to work off of!

Alycia-Way cute! Cannot wait to see the pics in it

My font was plantin schoolbook and I believe I cut it at 2 inch and it is the bubble effect, the layers I just did a smidge different in size and believe I hit the shadow button
August 4th, 2010, 11:25 AM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
it's so cool that so many were able to participate this month! and I always really enjoy seeing the transition from one sketch to something completely different... if you setmine next to Jen's there's no way you'd believe it's a lift. It's so cool how it comes out that way

Carrie - totally cute page. I tend to forget to use a boarder around the page like you did, but it really pulls it together.

Tamara - I LOVE THE COLORS! it's so bright and fun. I'm prob going to lift it if that's okay by you

Emily - great subject for the page and I love that plane embellishment in the upper right

Chantelle - I'm going to jump on the bandwagon here and say great use of that chocolate chip paper

Kelsey - great page! I love the title and that super cute monkey paper!

Amanda - cute subject! I really like that you made the pictures into circles. I rarely cut pictures these days and should really do it more often

Becky - I love everythin about this page. The colors are great. The subject is SO cute (esp the picture in the circle on the top, such a cute face), and I really love the look of the faux stiching around the circles. That's another one of those techniques that are so simple, make a HUGE impact and I totally forget to use.

Sunny - great page. I love the subject! I agree how great it is that you can make embellishments really pop against a bold backgroung. It was one of the major things I wanted to use from your page, cause you have such a knack for it!

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."

Last edited by C&K'sMama; August 4th, 2010 at 11:27 AM.
August 4th, 2010, 11:37 AM
SAHM and scrappymommy
Stephanie I cut those flowers out of patterned paper. Took a bit of time but I sometimes like that you can make embellishments that way.
August 4th, 2010, 12:52 PM
sunny's Avatar It's all in the Hips!
Ooh great way to make embellies, I agree and have done that in the past!!

Aww thanks for saying I have a knack it is all about colors and matting hahah
August 4th, 2010, 08:59 PM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny View Post
Tammara-GORGEOUS and Fun! One of my faves! The colors are great with the pics and love your embellies! (that is basic grey pp isn't it?)
thank you ladies yep it's the Lime Rickey paper by Basic Grey and the ric rac is actually a sticker from the same line. And lift away Alycia

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

August 4th, 2010, 09:01 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalyn View Post
Kelsey, I think that font is Simply Sweet or it may be Jubilee. They look so similar and I have both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny View Post
My font was plantin schoolbook and I believe I cut it at 2 inch and it is the bubble effect, the layers I just did a smidge different in size and believe I hit the shadow button
I don't have any of those fonts. Will have to put those carts on my Christmas list as I have told myself that I am DONE shopping for the year!

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search