November Chit Chat

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 3rd, 2010, 10:22 PM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
post your random thoughts here ladies

Well for us we are going through some major life changes again. After two and a half years of working from home, DH is going back to an office job We aren't really looking forward to it but we need the money and the stability again, not sure how we are going to do Christmas and birthdays, the timing of the unemployment really sucked. All the boys have birthdays soon, Tristan this month and Ryland and Holden in January. It is going to be super hard for the boys, they will be going from seeing him whenever they want all day to 2-3 hours a day tops, Even Holden will find it hard, as he is such a daddy's boy and will launch himself at Richard whenever he sees him in the day. He starts back at SMART on the 15th and that's the day before Tristan's birthday; but to be positive we will be getting benefits again, and the commute is a little shorter then it was when he worked there last time, it will average an hour each way.

Tristan has finally decided on a birthday theme. We will be doing a frog theme, and he wants a hopping ribbit Now i need to get on the invitations and i don't have much time the party is the 14th. MIL is also making a surprise appearance tomorrow night and is staying until Monday, maybe she will amuse the kids and i can do the invites. Anyway i should go to bed, Very proud of you ladies, the board is moving along great, i will get to today's topics tomorrow hopefully. Have a good night everyone

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

November 4th, 2010, 05:58 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck with the major life change. It will be an adjustment for all of you. Big huggies from me!!!! and love the froggy theme. That'll be so cute & can't wait to see what you come up with.

AFM - nothing too much to talk about. I'm so busy with work right now & expect it to be busy for the rest of the year with a new software system starting up. Mark is growing so fast, hard to believe he's 6 months old already. Our daycare lady told us he crawled a few steps yesterday too. So sweet. I can't wait to see it myself.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
November 4th, 2010, 06:46 AM
SAHM and scrappymommy
Tamara - good luck with everything. It sounds like some major changes but in time the boys will get used to it.

Becky - Mark is such a cutie! I still can't believe he is 6 months already.

Nothing major going on here. I am still fighting this cold. Going on 2 weeks now. I really wish I could get better. I have no energy to do anything and just want to stay in bed all day long.
November 4th, 2010, 06:50 AM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry to hear about DH having to go back to work, but yay for stability.

Today is my birthday. kinda sucks cause there will be nothing special about it. I'm the big 2-5, no longer early twenties anymore, lol. DH won't be here today and life goes on with the girls. I do have a friend who is taking me out to my favorite little Vietnamese hole in the wall for lunch and a friend who wants to take me to dinner, but her DD is sick Carrie is supposed to have major medical testing in FT WORTH, TX next week and I found out yesterday that the referral is every kind of messed up, so thats what I want for my b-day... for it to get fixed.

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
November 4th, 2010, 08:13 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Happy birthday Alycia!

I'm just dinking around here. I got finished with sewing and put everything away...and now I'm still too mentally exhausted to get my scrapping stuff out.

November 4th, 2010, 08:20 AM
Happy b-day Alycia!! I hope you get those referrals figured out. I was so happy a couple of years ago when our insurance company stopped needing referrals.

Brittanie - did you finish all your sewing projects? I remember you had quite a few projects going on.

November 4th, 2010, 08:23 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Yeah, I got all four of our costumes done.

I've also got a couple blankets I'm crocheting (one for my MIL for Christmas, another for a friend's baby due in December). I kind of piled it on. lol I think I might pull my table out and just get my stuff out and see what happens.

November 4th, 2010, 11:04 AM
You all look great!!! You are very talented. Can't wait to see the blankets to. I've tried crocheting, but it didn't look that pretty. I think I pull the yarn too tight and it ends up curling and not laying flat.

November 4th, 2010, 12:08 PM
JanessaFaith's Avatar Scrapaholic
Happy Birthday Alycia!!

I started to teach myself to crochet last year, but didn't get very far into it!! Maybe someday.

My mom is coming to visit Sunday-Thursday... yay!! She's gonna take our Christmas pictures for us while she's here. My husband is waiting to hear back on a job he will most likely be getting, which means we may be moving next month! It will be a good move to the town where both his sisters live! It's nice to be close to family! So keep your fingers crossed all goes well with his background check! But if we're gonna be moving, I don't think I'll get a lot of scrapping done!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggie!!

Follow Me!

November 4th, 2010, 06:42 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Not a whole lot going on here, although SO is going to be off work for a week and a half after his shift tonight, so it's hard to say how much scrapbooking I'll get done, but hopefully some!
November 4th, 2010, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssa&rylan's-mommy View Post
Not a whole lot going on here, although SO is going to be off work for a week and a half after his shift tonight, so it's hard to say how much scrapbooking I'll get done, but hopefully some!
Do you love or hate it when he's home that much? TBH, it drives me nuts when DH is home for too many days in a row! It messes with my normal routine! I know that sounds horrible. We have fun when we have stuff to do, places to go... but when we're just home being bored, its just odd!

Follow Me!

November 5th, 2010, 04:51 AM
Good morning ladies! I hope you all are doing good today. I'm so happy it's Friday & I'll have the weekend off to relax. Work is pretty busy for me today, and poor Mark has lost his voice. He sounds so pitiful, but he doesn't act sick or anything so not sure if I should be too worried. For the BTDT Mamas, do I need to be concerned at this point?

November 5th, 2010, 07:56 AM
SAHM and scrappymommy
I wouldn't worry just yet Becky. I would just keep an eye on him. Perhaps he is getting the beginnings of a cold. HUGS to you and him!

Well I just finished making Travis' birthday card. It is his birthday today. I know a little late but I figured we won't give him his gifts until later on today so it's all good

Sydney even sat down and made a card....it's pretty darn cute! She is home sick from school today. I think I need to go and get something for her. It seems to be all in her chest right now. She is supposed to go to a birthday party tomorrow but I am not sure I should send her.
November 5th, 2010, 08:12 AM
Thanks! With him not acting sick, eating like crazy and playing & laughing, I didn't think I should worry. Huggies to you too. I hope you're feeling better & Sydney feels better soon too.

November 5th, 2010, 08:56 AM
I hope everyone feels better and that Travis loves his card and whatever else he gets for his birthday!

Follow Me!

November 5th, 2010, 09:02 AM
SAHM and scrappymommy
Thanks ladies. We bought him a Batman Xbox game, the XBox magazine, his favourite chocolates, ear warmers for the winter time and one of those no iron dress shirts for work. I hope he likes the colour I picked. It's a purple one but he has other purple shirts so I think I am good.
November 5th, 2010, 09:08 AM
I thought Travis was your son! I need to get to know you girls better!

Follow Me!

November 5th, 2010, 09:54 AM
SAHM and scrappymommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanessaFaith View Post
I thought Travis was your son! I need to get to know you girls better!
LOL! Logan is my son and Sydney is my daughter. Guess it's time for a new siggy! LOL
November 5th, 2010, 10:39 AM
Well you're name is "syd & Logan's Mommy" so you would think I'd catch on lol!

Follow Me!

November 5th, 2010, 12:54 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Janessa, I don't mind, I have the week off from babysitting too, so there's really no particular routine for us to follow anyway.

Heading to Troy's sister's (The Loopy on here) for some scrapbooking very soon Just waiting for Troy to pack up his xbox to keep himself and Lisa's DH occupied

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search