Adhesive

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 17th, 2010, 05:09 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What do you use? Do you have a favorite type?

I'm used many different types & brands. A few months ago I tried these from scotch, and loved them.

I had actually bought them from Staples and was so disappointed that they no longer carry it. Target had them, but not the refill. I'm going to shop around to see if I can find them again. They are so convenient.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
November 17th, 2010, 07:13 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I use just about everything, but I haven't tried those. I'll have to look and see if I can find something like that.

November 17th, 2010, 07:40 AM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
I'm actually not a fan of the scotch ones though I think the one I tried was different than that (smaller) - After awhile it got all goopy with adhesive and I didn't like that the refills cost just about as much as the full runner. Also the adhesive didn't go on smoothly and I had to press really hard but again, I think the scotch runner I had was a little different so they might have improved on the old one.

I like the scrapbook adhesives, xyron, and glue glider pro. and for little things I like the zig glue pen.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart
November 17th, 2010, 07:48 AM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I use two different adhesives. I use the Scotch scrapbook glue for paper and the Herma Dotto runner for photos. I like having the ability to remove pics if I want. I tried the zig pens, but I didn't like them.

November 17th, 2010, 11:01 AM
JanessaFaith's Avatar Scrapaholic
I'm gonna have to check out all the ones you guys have mentioned.

I just use photo splits and glue when necessary. Sometimes a glue stick, often tacky glue which I hate because it warps the page so much. I'll have to look for the better stuff! I guess I never thought much about it.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggie!!

Follow Me!

November 17th, 2010, 05:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I only use the Creative Memories tape runner. I have tried several other kinds and I think Creative Memories one works the best.

November 17th, 2010, 08:20 PM
i use a hodge podge of diff glues. I use Tombo mono aqua for alot. I have a bunch of cheapie Ad tech glue dot runners that i use often. For embellies or harder to glue things I also glue dots (love those). or Glossy accents. i also use the xyron sticker maker. I have some double sided tape, but when that's gone, i don't really see me getting any more.
November 17th, 2010, 08:46 PM
RobinX02's Avatar Crazy mom of 3!
currently I just use photo splits but for sure need new and different kinds!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Thanks *Kiliki* for my siggy
November 17th, 2010, 08:48 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
I use an ATG. I used to use tape runners and glue dots and this takes the cake and I use it for everything. Well I did until i got a Cricut and I use my Xyron sticker maker for the smaller letters. When i bought this bad boy it cost like $75 with a year supply of adhesive, I was scrapping a lot it is the only think in my life that literally paid for it's self in saving as I was buying duck tape runners from Walmart for $8.88 and I'd go thropugh those so fast. The box of duck is equal to one roll in this bad boy and the difference is $8.88 to $4 something and i only buy adhesive once a year.

They now make one for scrapbooking in pink. It looks huge and it looks unweildy but it is not my six year old used it fine.

The adhesive line is thick enough it rubs off well if misplaced but once you press it down it is not coming up again.

I'll add a picture when i find it.

This is where I bought mine about 3 1/2 years ago. They are at the bottom of the page and they are now PINK!

Scrapbookers Tape Guns and Tapes

Last edited by Happy Song; November 17th, 2010 at 09:34 PM. Reason: add picture//adding link
November 18th, 2010, 06:02 AM
I'm so happy to see all these suggestions. I always seem to be running out, and the idea of using one for year is very appealing.

November 18th, 2010, 06:04 AM
An ATG is on my short list of wants. The pink one!! I'm hoping santa gets it for me!
November 18th, 2010, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzilou View Post
An ATG is on my short list of wants. The pink one!! I'm hoping santa gets it for me!
Santa will be quite busy this year with all our wants.

November 18th, 2010, 08:59 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I also use a hodge podge of different adhesives. I have a dotto, snail from SU (I use only for my cards), photo splits (which I cut in half to make them last longer), glue dot sheets (I use for the small things I cut from my cricut), adhesive tape, and spray adhesive (for velums). I have seriously been considering an ATG gun for a while now, but haven't gotten myself to commit.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search