Will be MIA only short while longer!!!

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 19th, 2010, 03:05 PM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
My laptop needed another new motherboard as I suspected, new optical drive, and new speakers so its been approved for an exchange/new computer. Once I get dinner started I am going to head over to best buy to pick the new one out. That would mean I would have my computer back tonight, but my backup was over 42 gigs (over half of that was photos alone, hehe) so they are going to have to transfer it directly to the new computer, which will take a day. So, I'll either have the computer tomorrow night or Saturday, depending how long the transfer takes. Then I should be able to get online more!

So... hope you guys don't mind but I'm going to wait the day or so to get my new computer to do points instead of spending forever and a day trying to go through everything on this slow thing.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart
November 19th, 2010, 05:20 PM
JanessaFaith's Avatar Scrapaholic
Yay! So glad they are taking care of you! That's a lot of pictures! Nothing embarrassing, I hope! Of course I'm sure they're not sitting there looking through everything.

I don't blame you at all for waiting to update points! Slow computers are the worst! I look forward to having you back in action!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggie!!

Follow Me!

November 22nd, 2010, 05:48 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope you got your new computer! I'm sure you did by now. I was MIA over the weekend and see that I'm on page 2 for updates since Friday.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
November 22nd, 2010, 09:54 PM
I did get my new computer Its taking some getting used to but it works and its nice and fast so yay for that. Of course I still had to spend $320 on it to get the service plan which I was less than thrilled about but not much I could do. I understand having to buy a new plan for the new computer, but I still had 9mo left on the other one and having to drop $320 unexpectedly right before Christmas was not fun. But.... with 2 little ones the protection plan is basically a must.

November 23rd, 2010, 12:04 AM
JanessaFaith's Avatar Scrapaholic
Was that a discounted price? It seems like that should have rolled over what you had left or given you a discount or something. But idk! I'm glad you got it anyway!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggie!!

Follow Me!

November 23rd, 2010, 08:52 AM
I'm glad you got it and am back & running at fast speed.

November 23rd, 2010, 09:10 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I agree with Janessa, they really should have rolled over the last 9m of your other plan.

Glad you got another one though!

November 23rd, 2010, 09:46 AM
Nope the $320 was the full price for the 3 year plan. $320 was better than the 1K it would have cost otherwise, but still not fun. Even if they rolled over a few months and allowed me to buy the full plan a few months down the road would have been nice but nope. Then they swapped out the computer it deemed the service plan fulfilled. The best they were willing to do was give me an already set up computer over the factory sealed one - they have some computers that they do the initial set up on (all the windows updates, make recovery discs, etc) and that normally cost $100 so they gave me that for free which wasn't a big deal, it was nice but I'd rather have the $100 and do all that myself but it wasn't an option. They did back up my original computer for free which normally costs $100 which was nice and huge considering once the computer went in I couldn't get it back and I would have lost whatever I hadn't backed up (and since my optical drive hasn't been working I haven't backed up in a while). But still, $320 is a lot of money imo esp right before the holidays. The protection plan covers accidental damage though so if the kids spill on it, if its dropped, if I run over it with my car... its covered.

November 23rd, 2010, 09:56 AM
Glad the protection plan covers everything then. Sorry you had to shell out $$$ right before the holidays though.

November 23rd, 2010, 10:41 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Yeah, that really does suck. I agree, it's a needed thing though.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search