We're Moving! (OT)

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 23rd, 2010, 05:09 PM
JanessaFaith's Avatar Scrapaholic
My husband finally got the call we've been waiting for today, and pending a drug test (which we're not concerned about), he'll be starting his new job on the 6th! It's about 2 hours from here, in the town both his sister live! So yay for being around family!! As always, he'll go before me and I'll stay behind and pack up this place and probably make the move mid- Dec. Depending on when we get a house. It will certainly make Christmas shopping interesting... but Christmas itself will be so much easier, not having to travel! So once we get back from Thanksgiving, it's time to start packing! Booooooooooo! I'm an expert packer by now. So I just wanted to share my happy news! Of course that means I won't be getting much done. I don't know if I'll even be able to do the crop since that could easily be the weekend we move. Bummer. Anyway, that's it from this rambling woman!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggie!!

Follow Me!

November 23rd, 2010, 05:16 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Yay for a new job!! boo for moving. We'll be doing that sometime within the next 6 months. *sigh*

November 23rd, 2010, 05:29 PM
The move is good, the work & money to make the move is what sucks! But I'm so excited that we won't be doing it again for a while! We tend to move a lot, but this is someplace we can call home.

Follow Me!

November 23rd, 2010, 07:13 PM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad you're going home then. I hope you are able to do some of the crop though, I'm a guest host for cropping next month.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
November 23rd, 2010, 11:09 PM
I hope to be able to do at least some of it that weekend, if not I'll do all the challenges later! But my scrap stuff will be packed very close to last! I gotta have something to do in my down time!

Follow Me!

November 24th, 2010, 05:52 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't moved lately, but there were a few years back where I moved 3 times in 2 years. so exhausting. I learned quick to be organized and label every box with the room it was to go in & the content. When my boxes were removed from the truck, they were placed in the room they were for. That made unpacking so much easier. I also kept some boxes handy with stuff I would want immediately and then always knew where that stuff was.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
November 24th, 2010, 09:55 AM
I'm an expert mover, Becky! We moved a lot when I was growing up and I've moved a lot as an adult too! I always label all my boxes (maybe a little OCD about it). We moved a lot before we moved here.... from Oct '08- Oct '09 we moved 3 times. But when we make this move, it's somewhere we can stay for a while, which will be great! I might actually make an effort at decorating knowing we'll be there for years.

Follow Me!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search