Wednesday Whats - More GTKY

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 24th, 2010, 06:46 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

What are 10 things (non-scrappy related) that people may not know about you?

This is harder then you think - as I'm pretty much an open book & most of you ladies have gotten to know me over the past months/years . . .

1. I wear my wedding ring on my right hand as is custom in Orthodox faith. I get so many questions about that at times. It confused people more when we came back from Greece in July 2006 wearing our wedding rings on our left hand. They are also our engagement rings and following tradition, we had them blessed by a priest and wore them on our left hands until we married in October 2006.

2. I am a short 5 feet tall, but am not the shortest person in my family. That "honor" falls to my dear cousin who is 4 feet 10 inches. Actually a lot of the women in my family are on the shorter side, while the men vary from average to very tall. Don't you think they could have shared some of their height???

3. I am pigeon toed which explains some of my clumsiness and my lack of athletic ability. I have to be so careful walking & running so I don't trip & fall flat on my face.

4. I love to bowl, but haven't had much of a chance in years to do that. DH bowled a lot when he was younger to and we keep wanting to get back into it.

5. I love taking pictures, and am thinking of taking a digital photography class to learn how to use my cameras to their fullest ability.

6. JM is my first online group I've ever been a part of. If someone had told me a few years ago that I'd be part of an online group (and participate this much), I probably would have laughed at them. Now, I don't know how I managed before finding JM.

7. My first plane trip was to Wisconsin in 2004 and I remember being so nervous for that 2 hour flight. LOL! Now, I think nothing of heading off to Greece. It's the jet-lag that I don't look forward to now.

8. I have a collection of miniature tea pots.

9. I am the only girl with 3 brothers. I always wanted a sister as long as I can remember and even recall asking my Mom if we could trade in my younger brother for one. (I was such a brat)

I keep a written journal. I encouraged my Mom to start one after my Dad passed away in December 2000, and I decided to do one as well. Since then, I've kept one. I don't always write in it as often as I should but do find that it very helpful in dealing with things.

Next . . .

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
November 24th, 2010, 10:45 AM
JanessaFaith's Avatar Scrapaholic
Good one Becky! This will be hard because I'm not that interesting!

1. I'm watching Guiliana & Bill at the moment and watching her go to therapy over her miscarriage helps me somehow... I relate.

2. My mom sent us a giant tin of popcorn for Halloween and I don't even care much for popcorn. It's coming with us to Thanksgiving. Kids will love it.

3. I have way too many framed pix in my house but I don't know what else to put on my walls.

4. I used to be obsessed with NSYNC, and still love Justin.

5. My feet are huge- size 11!

6. The kids that live next door always throw balls in my yard, then come over and knock on the door asking me to throw them back. It's annoying, and I wish their mom would tell them that if it goes over the fence it's gone. We'll throw them back over when we see them. But sometimes they knock and I'm still in my jammies and sleepy and its cold outside.... Looking forward to moving.

7. In April I started a diet and it lasted till my mc in July. I lost close to 20lbs. I had stopped drinking soda and stopped eating so much crap, started eating more veggies and trying to make things from scratch. Since the loss, I've gained 5lbs back, and I can't get motivated to get on a diet again.

8. I love cookie dough.

9. I don't have a green thumb, but have somehow managed to keep 3 plants alive this year.

10. I haven't seen my almost 5 year old neice since she was 16 months old, and that sucks! She lives in Arkansas. My brother recently got Skype and now I need to get it so I can see her and talk to her, and she'll know me better.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggie!!

Follow Me!

November 24th, 2010, 11:22 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
1. My next door neighbor and I were both born at the same hospital... 1600 miles away in California.

2. I met my DH at church but not the one currentlt belong too.

3. We have six kigs but only two live with us right now

4. I have a one year old grandson

5. I own my house outright, 4 bedrooms on 20 acres

6. I am estranged from my whole family.

7. I have a thing for cherries on my daughter's clothing.

8. I have vintage baby clothing from when I was a baby.

9. I am currently working fly lady to manage my house and it is working, I plan to scrap every day!!!!

10. My husband and I play D&D everyday.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search