Black Friday Adventures

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 26th, 2010, 06:43 PM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
Did anyone head out today/this weekend? How were the crowds? And stories to share? And of course... brag about your steals!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart
November 27th, 2010, 12:26 AM
JanessaFaith's Avatar Scrapaholic
I went to Wal Mart at midnight. I got toys for the neices & nephews. Very crowded of course but no awesomely bad stories! I was in line for about 45 minutes talking with a nice older couple (I'm pretty sure the guy had gas but I didn't say anything :hehe: ) I didn't get anything for myself but considered a cricut lite but decided I didn't need it.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggie!!

Follow Me!

November 27th, 2010, 07:17 AM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't venture out of my house for black Friday, BUT i found a great deal online (or what I considered a great deal). I found a Cricut Expression machine, tool kit, Accent Essentials cart, and plantin cart for 230... so hubby bought it for me for Christmas! Almost all my Christmas shopping was already done, so I didn't endure the crowds.

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
November 27th, 2010, 11:51 PM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
What a great early Christmas present Alycia. Janessa sorry about the guy with gas, glad they were nice though

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

November 28th, 2010, 08:03 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
I went to the grocery store and it was EMPTY.

November 28th, 2010, 08:37 PM
Anyone looking for good cyber monday deals? Walmart has Expression machines in "trendy colors" for $199

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
November 28th, 2010, 10:09 PM
JanessaFaith's Avatar Scrapaholic
Oh I forgot all about cyber Monday! I may look into it... thanks!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggie!!

Follow Me!

November 29th, 2010, 08:24 PM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
I ended up going to TRU thanksgiving night. After turkey time I took a nap and woke up with just enough time to hit up Michaels - I got Caden his houses to paint but wasn't overly wowed by any of the other deals they had. Since I was up and refreshed I decided to see what all the hype was about and since TRU opened at 10 and I was in the market for some Zhu Zhus why not! We got there at 9:30 and the line was already halfway around the building, the cops were there, it was interesting and freeeeeezing! Luckily we had some pretty nice people around us in line and had fun chatting with everyone. Turned out you needed a coupon to get the 3 zhu zhus for 9.99 and I didn't bring mine but the guy in front of me had one on his print out that he didn't need and gave it to me . I got the zhu zhus and a santa sing a ma jig since I was there (speaking of which I wonder where that thing went) and then I got the boys a play kitchen. I also ran into a friend from high school I haven't seen in 10 years so that was really nice.

Overall it was kind of fun! I think next year I might even contemplate going out for black Friday for real. I think having my shopping basically done made it more fun and less stressful.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart
November 29th, 2010, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie429 View Post
I ended up going to TRU thanksgiving night.
Jealous, jealous, jealous... that is the only black friday sale I was interested in hitting, but Chris was ACTUALLY home (which is never lately) and he nixed the idea.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search