December Chit Chat

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 1st, 2010, 04:23 AM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
Can you ladies believe its already December?!?!?! I can't believe how quickly this year has passed and I really need to get started on planning the boys' bdays next month in addition to Christmas! I'm really hoping to get past this sinus infection headache deal so I can start getting into the spirit

I was starting to feel better but then ended up getting stressed/mad, getting a horrid headache, and going to bed at 6pm last night and getting up at 4:30am. So far I'm feeling a little better and no headache so lets hope it stays that way. Its been kind of nice getting up this early, too - allowed me to get points done before the boys wake up! I think in a min I might try to even get a movie in before they are up for the day

Anyway, today I need to meal plan so I can shop tomorrow and I'm hoping to get a few pages in my albums done since I didn't get anything done last night.

What does everyone have planned for the rest of the week?

And don't forget to start your Advent Calendars!!!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart
December 1st, 2010, 05:21 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to BeckyM
It's so hard to believe that it is December already. This year has flown by!! I'm still feeling pretty miserable here, but had to come in to work today & tomorrow. Took yesterday off, and spent the majority of it in bed. Was already scheduled off on Friday, and I"m heading to see the doctor for me. I've been fighting this on & off now for over 2 months and I'm rarely ever sick so this is unusual for me. Hopefully they can give me some answers.

Carrie - I hope you continue to feel better & get to watch that movie.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
December 1st, 2010, 04:46 PM
JanessaFaith's Avatar Scrapaholic
I've been very busy! We just got home this afternoon from our 5 day Thanksgiving trip. DH had his UA for his new job this morning and we turned in paperwork for a house (company housing). I slept most of the way home since Becky gave me her cold (hahaha) (actually I got it from sleeping in a 5th wheel that was apparently out of propane. Buurrrr!) and I'm still so sleepy now. But I gotta make sure DH has clothes for work and figure out something easy for dinner. This is his last weekend at this job, and he works through the weekend. After work Sunday, he's heading to the new job town (just under 2 hrs away) to start work there Monday (staying with his sis). We're hoping (but not holding our breath) that we can get a house by the end of next week so we can get moved. Of course while he starts his new job, I'll be staying behind packing & getting everything ready to go! Scrap space gets packed last!

I've also got Christmas cards to send out which I've started on. Haven't decided if I'm doing a family letter this year or not... not sure what to say about the m/c, it might be best/easiest to say nothing at all.

So that's all I guess!

Becky, I hope that dr takes good care of you!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggie!!

Follow Me!

December 1st, 2010, 05:13 PM
Sorry you caught my cold, it's never fun being sick, especially when traveling. I haven't done a Christmas letter in years, so I don't know what to advise about the m/c. Perhaps just a mention that this year there were ups & downs without going into specifics? Just a thought.

AFM this evening, I should be working on a spreadsheet for work . . . Shhhh, don't tell on me. We stopped by our weight watchers meeting on teh way home from work, and we both gained 2.5 pounds. Guess those extra Thanksgiving helpings caught up with us. So it's back to being strict again. My goal is this gorgeous blue dress sitting in my closet.

I'm also excited to show off my new siggy. I just love it.

December 1st, 2010, 08:10 PM
I love your new siggie too!

I'm afraid to weigh in and see how much I put on over the extra long weekend. It seems like all I did was eat! If it wasn't turkey it was pie, if it wasn't pie it was cheese & crackers... very rarely was it veggies (and when it was, they were dipped). Oh well I guess that's what the holidays are all about right? After the holidays I must start working out, which should be easy enough because there's a free gym in our soon-to-be town!

Follow Me!

December 2nd, 2010, 04:49 AM
A free gym would be wonderful! I try to squeeze in a walk at lunchtime each day and then if I have time in the evenings the treadmill. During the weekends, we usually do long walk/hikes/etc.

December 2nd, 2010, 07:48 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I have a gym in my apartment complex, but I can't use it because what would I do with my kids? lol

I've been feeling really crappy the last couple of days. I think Patrick gave me whatever caused him to throw up on me on Friday.

I gained 7lbs...lol But after 3 days I was down to just 2lbs heavier so I'm thinking that a lot of that was undigested? lol

December 2nd, 2010, 01:31 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
After Beau was born I lost all the baby weight in two weeks and now am slowly or not so slowly gaining it back. I am so hungry while breast feeding ugh! All I want to eat is meat... I am carnivor!

We have been under the weather here too...

December 2nd, 2010, 03:17 PM
Nicole, I'm so sick when I'm pregnant that I don't gain any wait when pregnant but I do when nursing. Same as you, I get so hungry when nursing. lol

December 2nd, 2010, 03:51 PM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
awe Mark is so adorable Becky, i can see why you wanted to show it off. We don't have much planned this week, Ryland has today and tomorrow off from school for parent teacher interviews. Ours is tonight, tomorrow is nothing special and on Saturday we have a community Christmas party with Santa. The boys always have fun. We might have our friends 3 boys here Sunday while they move into their new house but not sure. I kind of hope not because i want to scrap, and 6 boys always leaves you busy

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

December 3rd, 2010, 05:22 AM
I gained 20lbs while pregnant. With everything happening politically i need to get myself healthy and fit. Today is my weigh in day and POAS day. YAY Friday! My husband brought home a stomach flu so the weigh in shouldn't be so bad.

here is a new Christmas Carol: YouTube - Becky Kelley - Where's the Line to See Jesus?

December 3rd, 2010, 06:05 AM
I have gained 10 lbs since Beau was 2 weeks old. I am offically bummed.

December 3rd, 2010, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Song View Post
Today is my weigh in day and POAS day.
Are you TTC Nicole?

December 3rd, 2010, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittanie View Post
Are you TTC Nicole?
I was wondering that too!

Follow Me!

December 3rd, 2010, 02:22 PM
oh, and I was finally able to watch that video. It was beautiful, thanks for sharing it Nicole!

December 3rd, 2010, 06:50 PM
We are technically not TTC but NTNP. Between Scarlett and Beau i had three losses and I got pregnant after each loss without having a period. SOOOOO now that i am breastfeeding I am paranoid I'll get pregnant and not know it so I POAS every Friday.

I am in two minds about another baby... holy batman they are a pain in the booty, if I we younger maybe I'd wait a few year until Beau was 3 to have another but then I'd be 40ish. Not sure I want to do that. My Dh wants another baby and I don't want one bad enough to actually do anything to prevent it. Pretty much leaving it in God's hands.

December 3rd, 2010, 09:15 PM
Nicole, that's hilarious that you do that because while I was nursing Patrick I got paranoid too and tested once a month. But I apparently don't ovulate while nursing, so I shouldn't be paranoid.

December 3rd, 2010, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittanie View Post
Nicole, that's hilarious that you do that because while I was nursing Patrick I got paranoid too and tested once a month. But I apparently don't ovulate while nursing, so I shouldn't be paranoid.

i'm just getting to the paranoid part now, Holden is 10 months and that's when i started ovulating again with the other two, so yeah i keep wondering. When i got pregnant with Holden i hadn't has a period in 2 months but thankfully I can now tell when i ovulate. Nicole i hope you get the result you want when you want it

December 3rd, 2010, 09:47 PM
I like the coolness of Irish twins so I'd have to get pregnant this month with a BFP in early Jan. Birthday wise we have one event each month with Jan, July, Aug, Nov and Dec availible.

I only partally nursed Quinn and did not see AF until I weaned at 10 months so the whole thing is probably a moot point.

December 4th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Good afternoon ladies, i know it's kind of slow on weekends but i was wondering if you are all ok on stopping the thread "show me a page" so we can all start a daily one and all of us post a page with whatever was wanted. Nicole you had mentioned this and we thought it was a great idea, but i didn't want to go ahead and do it before talking to everyone first. I guess we don't have to stop the other one, but i would like to start the new ones

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search