Time saving tips

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 13th, 2010, 07:11 AM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
what are some of your time saving tips while crafting/scrapping?

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart
December 13th, 2010, 09:13 AM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
well i am interested in some tips too, i am a very slow scrapbooker, but i find it makes things much faster if i sketch out what i want to do

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

December 13th, 2010, 08:28 PM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When I scrap quickly there are a few common factors first. I scrap fastest when my work space is clean. No digging through piles or hoping the sticker book was put back up, even when it isn't an actual hindrance, it's easier for me to get motivated in a clean space.

My second one is the "wow factor" (what I call it at least as I'm trying to teach a friend of mine to scrap). most of the time when I read that someone has been inspired by something, the page is beautiful, but it's taken over an hour to achieve... I feel blocked if it takes me more than 30 min to do a page. I rarely scrap without a "wow factor" inspiration. I don't know if other people get this feeling, but sometimes I run across something (a LO, page to lift, or even sticker set) that not only talks to me, but screams for me. Beating at my brain with exactly what pictures it would include and how beautiful my version will look. Almost like I should drop everything I'm doing and get this page out of my head before it's lost.

In order to provoke that feeling (rather than waiting around for it to find me) I have an inspiration gallery on my computer. I right click a LO sketch and "save picture as" into my inspiration gallery. One day I'll think it's beautiful, the next it's my "wow factor" and I dive in head first.

I am typically MUCH happier with pages I complete in under 30 min than ones I spend a lot of time on.

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
December 13th, 2010, 10:19 PM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&K'sMama View Post
I right click a LO sketch and "save picture as" into my inspiration gallery. One day I'll think it's beautiful, the next it's my "wow factor" and I dive in head first.
I do that too, but i really like how you worded that. i don't write my ideas down fast enough though

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

December 14th, 2010, 08:43 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&K'sMama View Post
I am typically MUCH happier with pages I complete in under 30 min than ones I spend a lot of time on.
Me too. Unless I'm doing something particularly intricate, anything close to an hour feels slow to me and has usually taken that long because I'm not happy with things and I keep moving things around or trying different papers or whatnot. The ones I really like are the ones that went together fast.

December 14th, 2010, 12:16 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
My new thing is collage pictures. I'd like to use more than one picture on a page but I have issue cropping pictures as usually I take the picture framed properly adn thus it doesn't have a whole lot to crop. The collage get different size pictures all done up for me the cutting and measureing is done.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search