2011 Goals

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 31st, 2010, 09:18 PM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
What are your scrappy goals or 2011? If you don't have any, make some! Maybe this time next year we'll remember to dig out this thread and see who met them or at least how close we all came!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart
December 31st, 2010, 10:52 PM
JanessaFaith's Avatar Scrapaholic
Well I hope to finish my childhood albums and I don't see any reason why I won't. I'm up to 4th grade now I think! Also I want to do a scrapbook like it for my brother for his birhtday in July but I don't know that I'll get that done it time. If not for his 30th birthday then for Christmas! His won't be as in depth as mine so hopefully I can get it done!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggie!!

Follow Me!

January 1st, 2011, 10:04 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
LOL my scrappy goal is to use each pagemap sketch each month.

To also do one month in review page each month for my mother in law so that next christmas I just have to put the pages into a photo album for her. While I am at it I might as well do one for myself too.

Two scrappy goals should be enough...

Oh and my Dh suckered me into the whole diet, exercise routine. So I am on weight watchers and doing Jillian Michael's 30 day shred DVD daily. (I so need to practice my push ups) I am thinking that I need to set myself up with scrappy rewards for weight loss.

January 2nd, 2011, 10:30 AM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would like to get the basement done so that I can have my scrappy space. It's killing me that I have no where to work right now. I am about a year behind in scrapping, so I'd like to get through at least 6 months. I think that is realistic. Guess we'll see!!

January 2nd, 2011, 06:46 PM
SAHM and scrappymommy
My scrappy goals for 2011 are to take my time with layouts. I don't want to rush them. I want to put thought into them and if that means less layouts I am o.k with that. I need to realize I don't have to scrapbook every single photo I take. That is the main reason I am so far behind.

I also want to work more on altered items. I would like to do a few things for my house to add more artwork and decorations.

Lastly I would love to start my own business selling mini albums, cards and invitations. My husband keeps telling me I should start advertising. His company has a classifieds site and people can advertise on it so I will start there and hopefully by word of mouth my business will grow.
January 2nd, 2011, 08:42 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My main goal is to get my DD's birth to 1 year album completely done. I am way too far behind on that one.

I would also like to get my scrappy room completely organized - which I will probably be able to do soon as I am going to have to pack all my scrappy stuff up for a couple months so that we can get that room (as well as the rest of our basement) finished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Song View Post
Oh and my Dh suckered me into the whole diet, exercise routine. So I am on weight watchers and doing Jillian Michael's 30 day shred DVD daily. (I so need to practice my push ups) I am thinking that I need to set myself up with scrappy rewards for weight loss.
Have you done the 30 day shred before?? If you haven't, I highly recommend doing it every other day (alter it with another video). You can easily overwork your muscles if you do it every day. I am also going to start the 30 day shred (again) alternating it with the Biggest Loser Cardio video. I am getting a late start on that resolution as we just got back from vacation this afternoon. Love the scrappy rewards for weight loss idea!! Maybe we can keep each other in check on the 30 day shred thing!!

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

January 3rd, 2011, 08:52 AM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
First I want to get my basement project done! Our basement dwellers are finally getting out (feb 5th! Count down is on!) so I want to set up the play area so I can scrap during the day!!!!

I want to get a head start on cards so I have a supply to reach for in a hurry.

I want to get caught up on my albums - I'm about 2 years behind and would like to get caught up to at least 6 months behind, including vacation and older albums. I also want to get all my pages in actual albums.

And I want to find a place to put all my completed albums. THey are currently in the coffee table but we had to move that downstairs for the time being since Parker hit his head on it pretty hard and all the padding we put on it just pops off.

I have some body, mind, and home goals too, but those are the scrappy ones!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart
January 3rd, 2011, 10:22 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Part of me wants to say I'd like to get caught up before Skittles is born...but I don't know if that's realistic. lol

January 3rd, 2011, 09:15 PM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
get my scrapbook room done is my big one, and other then that i want to get at least 15 pages done a month, January might be tough for that since i will lose 2 weekends with Holden's 1st birthday and Ryland's 6th. nothing else big planned though. I also want to do some cards, get ahead a bit. I would love to have all the boys albums done for their first year

Jen good luck with your business, My friends and family tell me the same but i am not ready for that, You make beautiful cards and albums.

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

January 4th, 2011, 07:12 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
I have two main goals.

One is to make a book of quotes. My son says a lot of hilarious things and I thought it would be fun to make a smaller quote book for him, me and the grandparents.

The second goal is a heritage book. They sell these things on Amazon or in book stores and they are cool, but they are all hideous or have dumb questions. Basically, it's a book of questions for the grandparents (or parents) like, "What was your favorite toy?" or "What is one of the most difficult choices you've had to make?". So, I ordered all of these books, typed every question in them into a word doc and then returned all but the one I liked the best. Now I just need to get my parents to answer all of these questions and then I'll turn it into a scrapbook.
January 5th, 2011, 08:48 PM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I need to get organized (more so than I am) I need things to be easier to put away so my scrappy area isn't alway a mess... and I need to figure out how to accomplish all this without taking up any more room than I already am (we're tapped out on space)... what's a resolution without some challenge??

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
January 6th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My scrappy goals are to get caught up in MY childhood. I don't want to have to worry about getting my childhood done when I have a husband and kids. I also need to get organized with my scrappy supplies.

Thank you to the wonderful ladies who mad the blinkies!

"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude..... These experiences, while often difficult to bear at the time, are percisely the kinds of experiences that stretch our understanding, build our character and increase our compassion for others."
January 10th, 2011, 08:59 AM
JanessaFaith's Avatar Scrapaholic
RJ, I'm also working on my childhood! And its nice to see someone else in here who isn't already a mommy. I look forward to seeing your work!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggie!!

Follow Me!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search