January Chat

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 1st, 2011, 09:35 AM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
**Reminder: January's crop starts on the 14th!! Tamara hosts this month and our guest host is Chantelle **

Happy 2011 ladies!!!

How was your NYE? Heck, how was your 2010? Any resolutions? I have to say it was a pretty amazing year and I'm looking forward to what 2011 has to offer, only hoping good this year and lots of scrapping/crafting. 2010 brought us our sweet Parker, our first family trip to Disney, lots of great memories. On the bad end it was a pretty rough March with Caden needing all those surgeries and being in the hospital most of the month, but I pray we only have good health and happiness in 2011.

Last night we stayed in - Caden had a friend over for a little while and that was exhausting but fun. DH and I made a super yummy steak and lobster dinner and played a little wii once the boys went to bed. Parker woke up just in time to join us in welcoming 2011

This weekend I'm hoping I finally have time to play with my presents after a week of toys! I also need to start cleaning and taking down our Christmas decorations

As for resolutions I want to work on getting our home and daily life better organized including a full revamp of my dusty and out dated home binder. I hope through this we'll have more time to spend as a family and I'll also have more time to do things for me like scrap/craft and work out. I want to finish all my in progress projects around here, too!

For my body I want to do my best to get my PCOS under control and lose weight. Hopefully the above will allow me more time to work on that and this will lead to being able to get pregnant without MA.

And for my mind/self I want to read all the books I have on my shelf but have not read, and I want to get caught up on my scrapbooking... at least to only 6mo behind This includes vacations and older albums as well!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart
January 1st, 2011, 01:07 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I'd like to get completely caught up on my scrapbooking before Skittles gets here. I don't know if it's possible though.

I'm also going to try to do wii fit at least 3 times a week.

I should also have DH go out in the snow to get my box of stuff so that I can get the Christmas taken down.

January 2nd, 2011, 07:12 PM
SAHM and scrappymommy
Resolutions well I have so many I am not sure if I will be able to get them all done but I am going to try my hardest.

2010 was a hard year for me with my son. We have been dealing with behaviour issues and there has been many a time that I have been in tears over it. He is only 4 but boy does he know how to push my buttons. No amount of talking to him works. So this year I have decided for things to change I need to work on myself before I can change him. So hopefully I work on my patience with him. From there I can hopefully get him to understand the attitude must stop and he needs to start listening to me.

I want my home life to change in that I have more time to spend with my family and less time running around taking the kids here, there and the other place. I plan on limiting the number of things they are in at the same time. We all just get tired from being out so much. I want to spend more quality time at home enjoying my time with them.

I want to become my healthiest ever. I want to lose at least 20 pounds and go to the gym 3 times a week. I will supplement that with working out on the Wii.

I plan on working on photography with my new camera and also taking time with my layouts. I don't want to rush things just to get it done. I would love to be happy with every layout I do.

Carrie it sounds like you had a wonderful New Years Eve. We stayed at home as well and had appetizers for dinner while watching the movie Babe with the kids. Then after they went to bed hubby and I watched The A-team. Travis was on-call for week and ended up working a fair bit that night so it took us a while to watch the movie.
January 2nd, 2011, 08:29 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
I resolution includes doing all the page map sketches and a month in review page for my mother in law and one for myself. So I can do December now and next month do January.

I ended up on a diet any ways and plan to do Jillian Micheal's 30 day shred I need to order it off Amazon tomorrow. One nice thing is breastfeeding give me a crazy amount of points and that weigh as much as Jabba the Hutt.

January 3rd, 2011, 09:24 PM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
I spent NYE with my parent's my brother and his wife and daughters and Holden, in Manitoba. We played cards. Holden was the high point of 2010, the year was ok until October after that it has sucked. We are really hoping 2011 is better

I took down out tree today and took the older boys to see Despicable Me in the cheap theater. It is so good to be home, It was wonderful to see my grandpa but i missed Ryland, Tristan and Dh so much. Holden was a very happy baby during the day and a little terror at night, he would sleep great until about 11 and then i was up almost all night with him all 3 nights. Resolutions i haven't made any, i just want to keep my family happy and healthy.

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

January 4th, 2011, 08:10 AM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
I didn't scrap yesterday because I needed a nap... even going to bed at 7pm last night I feel like I am going to need a nap again today. I am going to have to reassess my schudule or my priorities!!!!!

January 4th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Me too Nicole! i'm so utterly exhausted.

January 4th, 2011, 12:06 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for the Crop reminder Carrie!! I am hoping that I will get to participate in this one even though the carpenter will be working on the basement/my scrappy room. I will just have to haul a bunch of stuff up and work on the dining room table.

DH and I spent a couple of days in Lincoln NE over the new year. We got together with some friends to watch the bowl game (Washington vs. Nebraska). Man did Nebraska play horrible!! Hung out with the same friends the next night for the new year count down. I also went to Michaels and Joanns while we were there. Apparently I was not supposed to buy anything as the Michaels I went to had a very poor selection of scrapping items (especially paper) and Joanns decided to close early so I had to rush through everything. I did however buy 2 12 by 12 storage containers at Michaels and the DCWV white core jewel tones paper stack and some loose paper at Joanns.

I have plenty of new year resolutions. We will see how I do with them though! For scrappy resolutions I would like to get my scrappy/card stuff organized in a way that will make my scrapping go a little faster and then to keep it organized. I would also like to get my DD's birth to 1 year album completely finished, start on DS's birth to 1 year album, and get as much done with DD's 2nd album as I can. Finishing my wedding album would be a bonus!!

Other resolutions I have are to do all of my daily chores so that my house stays a little cleaner and to do all of my monthly decluttering. I would also like to do some decorating in our house as the walls are pretty bare. Then there is the resolution that I am going to have the most trouble with.....working out. I am planning on alternating between 30 day shred and Biggest Loser Cardio taking Sunday's off. I have tried the 30 day shred 3 other times. The first time I did soley the 30 day shred everyday. After about 6 days I could barely move. Found out then (via the Weight loss and fitness board here on JM) that you are not supposed to do the 30 day shred in a straight 30 days. The second attempt was shortly after that, but my knees were still giving me problems so I gave it up for a while. 3rd attempt was after geting the Biggest Loser cardio. Kept it up for 2 months before we went on vacation to the Black Hills. Hopefully this time will be even better!! That is if I ever get started! LOL!! January 4th and I still haven't started working out yet.

Nicole - Maybe you and I can do the 30 day shred together....keep each other motivated?

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

January 4th, 2011, 08:18 PM
SAHM and scrappymommy
YAY!!! I am scrapping again. It has been way too long since I did layouts. I was busy working on mini albums for Christmas. And also the 4th bedroom is now my scrapbooking room.

Once I get it all done I will post pics.
January 6th, 2011, 09:58 AM
So, I have been working on packing up my scrapping stuff and cleaning up the basement so that the carpenter can come work on our basement.....called Menards today to check on our ceiling tile order and it is on back order for at least 3 weeks!! Guess that is both good and bad. Good that I have more time to organize my scrappy stuff into boxes rather than just anything and everything wherever I can fit it. But bad that it is just going to be that much longer before my scrappy room is done (and I can put everything back where I want it). It also means that February, which is already super busy for us (leaving little time for scrapping anyway), is going to be even busier....which means even less scrappy time.

January 6th, 2011, 11:03 AM
sorry the tile is on backorder Kelsey, i can't wait to see the finished room though. Jen i can't wait to see your scrappy space too

January 6th, 2011, 11:42 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi ladies! I'm still alive over here, just so so busy with work and home right now. 2010 was incredible for me to finally have a LO in our lives, and I'm looking forward to a fun 2011.

My scrapping goal (which I've yet to do anything with) is to re-organize my scrap area and then hopefully get to scrapping regularly.

Healthwise, I'm currently down to 30 less then my pre-pg weight, and my goal there is to lose another 30 pounds. I'm taking the pounds off slow & easy.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
January 6th, 2011, 01:24 PM
SAHM and scrappymommy
That is awesome about the weight Becky....slow and steady wins the race!

Kelsey that stinks about the tile.

We are heading to Sydney's Christmas concert tonight. It was cancelled back in December when we had that huge storm here. I can't wait to hear her sing her song with her class.
January 6th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Becky - That is awesome about the weight loss!!

Jen - I hope you have a great time at your Sydney's concert! Sounds like fun!

DH had me call about the ceiling tiles - to see if we could just cancel the order and re-order a different style. Have been working on that all day. About ready to pull my hair out!! As of now....most of the ceiling tiles are sitting at the Distribution Center waiting on the few that are on back order. We are having them ship the tiles that are there and will get the others in once they are off of back order. Still waiting to hear when we can expect the majority of them to arrive at Menards for pick up. SHOULD BE sometime this weekend or beginning to middle of next week. Between DH's bad attitude about this whole mess and a screaming teething little boy, I have a horrid headache.

I really need to try and get some more cleaning done in our office and try to get a few more boxes from the old house sorted and put away, but REALLY don't feel like it. Would rather go work on some scrapping......but don't want to have to clean up the mess to do so. LOL!!! (I am so not in a cleaning mood today! LOL!) Maybe I will just start watching my gypsy A to Z DVD instead.

January 6th, 2011, 04:06 PM
congrats on the weight loss Becky, good for you!!!!

My mom just called and my Grandpa made it through the surgery ok, and it only took 7 hours instead of 8

Kelsey i am so sorry you have a headache, i hope the tiles gets all straightened out

January 6th, 2011, 06:02 PM
Well, morning sickness hit really hard today, I'm officially in the pukey club. So if I'm quiet, that's why. I'm seriously considering putting the kids to bed early today so I can go get some me time. Maybe scrapping? That'd be nice.

Kelsey, I'm glad you could get the tile issue mostly figured out. I hope your headache goes away!

Tamara: I'm glad your grandpa's surgery went well!

Becky: What exactly have you been doing to lose the weight? I'm curious. Frustration always seems to get the better of any weight loss goals/plans I have.

January 6th, 2011, 06:41 PM
Tamara - So glad to hear that your Grandpa made it through surgery okay! I hope his recovery goes just as well!

Brittanie - I was gone most of the end of December and totally missed your BFP post.....so here is an extreemely late CONGRATULATIONS!!! So sorry about the pukey morning sickness! That tops my headache anyday! I hope that this phase of pregnancy goes quickly for you.

The gal at Mendards called back and sounds like the majority of the tiles should get here over the weekend. Hopefully getting the remainder of them won't be as much of a mess. Decided to buy a couple of things to help me feel better. Bought a Xyron 250 on ebay. Then from stuff4scrapbooking.com I got a bottle of Stick Away and a bottle of Stick and Spray for re-stickying my cricut mats, some paper glaze (I've wanted some of this for about 2 years now - been on my Christmas list twice), a 2 way glue pen, a Xyron 250 repositionable refill, and some Glimmer Mist (Sea Glass and Pearl). Can you tell I have a bad habbit of buying stuff when I get stressed out?? I really need to try and break this habit before it gets too bad!

Well, sounds like Josh might have decided to take a nap....he has been fighting it most of the day. Should probably go work on cleaning my scrappy space while he is asleep and before I have to get Kendra ready for bed.

January 6th, 2011, 07:26 PM
SAHM and scrappymommy
Tamara - I am happy to hear your Grandpa's surgery went well.
Kelsey - Glad the tile thing is getting worked out and YAY for doing some shopping. I know it always cheers me up

Sydney's concert was so cute! I got it on video tape but for part of it there was someone's large head in the way.

I just finished scrapping for the 4th day in a row. I love when I do LOAD...I get so much done!!
January 7th, 2011, 06:09 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Tamara - I'm so happy to hear your Grandpa's surgery went well & was shorter then expected.

Brittanie - **hugs** I'm so thrilled with your BFP though, and hope the morning sickness passes soon for you. Did you have it alot with your prior pregnancies? (and you have to post details for me - I'm living through all you ladies here with TTC & pg as I don't realistically see that in my future again)

Kelsey - yay for getting the tiles figured out & hope DH's attitude improves & your teething little one is feeling better. and yay for shopping! I do that to when I get stressed out - which is why I have way too much paper & scrap stuff to organize.

Jen - yay for Sydney's concert! Can you upload some of the video? I'd love to see it. and big yay for scrapping 4 days in a row. I'm so jealous.

With my weight loss, thanks everyone. I appreciate all the support. DH started weightwatchers last year and has dropped (nice & slow) 40 pounds. So we changed alot of our eating habits with that. During the pg, I was trying to be so cautious about the gestational diabetes and not gaining too much (I gained less then 15 pounds total) since I was already overweight and took walks everyday. (Right up to that Friday before I had Mark when they put me on bedrest.) After delivery, I was already 10 pounds under my pre-pg weight. Over the summer, the breastfeeding helped take off some more. I also have continued the walks, and after getting the okay from the docs have joined weight watchers too. With breastfeeding I'm not supposed to lose weight fast or it will negatively affect my supply - nothing more then 2 pounds a week. My loss has been .5 to sometimes 1 pound. That's been my success story so far. For the holiday season -Thanksgiving through New Years, DH & I didn't focus on losing but maintaining. We were successful at that - yay! I was up .4 pounds, DH had lost 2.2. Now we're back to a goal of losing again.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
January 7th, 2011, 10:47 AM
Thanks Kelsey!! I'm excited...mostly. lol

Becky, I have actually gotten hyperemesis all 3 previous times, which is why I got a script for zofran the moment my doctor confirmed my pregnancy. And it's lasted the ENTIRE pregnancy all 3 times. My last time throwing up with all 3 of them was in the delivery room. So the only weight I gain during pregnancy is lost in delivery. I make up for it when nursing though. And since I nursed Patrick the longest, I'm 10lbs up on the prepreg weight the 3 previous times. It's frustrating me. That's even with the 4lbs I've lost this week. (I'm trying really hard not to, but it just happens!)

I haven't been scrapping since by the time I put the kids to bed, I'm so wiped out I crash on the couch for a movie DH or head to bed early. *sigh*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search