I hate my expressions machine!!

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 9th, 2011, 08:06 PM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I never thought those words would ever cross my mind let alone pass my lips, but I HATE it. I'm spoiled to the create I guess (even though it's not supposed to be as good), but this thing is terrible!!!!!!!!

Tonight is my FIRST use with it and already the mat has NO sticky to it at all. with the 6*12 mats I had to use tools to avoid ripping my cut outs because it was stuck so well. tonight I've wasted TONS of paper cause it barely stuck on the first cut and it's screwing up what I'm trying to cut. When I cancel the cut order it TAKES FOREVER to cancel and let me unload my paper. Also 1 out of two times on a 8.5*11 piece of paper it forgets or whatever that I set the paper size and starts above where my paper does messing up my cut... Also my create I had the blade depth set at 4 and the pressure at med or med light (i forget). this thing is set at a blade depth of 5 and heavy pressure just to get through basic cardstock (lots of trial and error to find the right settings that cut through the cardstock without destroying my mat). How am I going to attempt chipboard??? And half the time it doesn't clear the screen after it's done cutting like my create did.

I HATE THIS THING!!! Of course I already sold my create (thinking that the expressions machine HAD to be better), and hubby is deeply disappointed that I dislike the Christmas present he spent so much money on... I HATE this machine!

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
January 9th, 2011, 08:22 PM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
Sounds like you might have a bad machine (and mats). I haven't had any of the problems you have mentioned with my expression. For regular cardstock I usually have the blade set to 2, and have even cut thicker SU cardstock with that.

I'd call PC - they are pretty good about sending you out new mats if you have a bad one. They sent me replacements once when I got a bad mat.

You're also within your warranty period so they should fix (or replace) your machine for you.

It does take a few seconds to cancel a cut, but no longer than my old machine and nothing to the point that would be frustrating (and I get frustrated easily).

Sorry you're having issues!! But I definitely suggest calling PC about them.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart
January 10th, 2011, 04:23 AM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah, I haven't had any of those issues either. It sounds like your machine isn't functioning like it's supposed to. I know I love my Expression. Hope you get it figured out!

January 10th, 2011, 06:19 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
All I can offer are hugs! I hope you get it working sweetie.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
January 10th, 2011, 07:59 AM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
my machine, i have the blade depth at 4 and the pressure at high or med high for cardstock. sounds like you got a bad machine, i would call them.

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

January 10th, 2011, 12:25 PM
I've been trying to call them all day. The number doesn't even ring before disconnecting (I've tried from multiple phones, so it's not just my cell). This is so aggravating...

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
January 10th, 2011, 01:28 PM
ToonTownGirl's Avatar Super Mommy
Yeah I haven't had that issue at all either. I hope you get it resolved soon. I love my expression. {{hugs}}

Thank you
*Kiliki* for my beautiful siggie!

1st Miscarriage - not planned - June 29, 2010

Saskatoon Scrappin'
- visit my blog!

January 10th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Can you return it to the store and exchange it for another? Did he keep the receipt?

January 10th, 2011, 06:50 PM
I bought it on ebay... this particular retailer doesn't accept returns (it was new in the package, so it's not like they could have known it was faulty).

I talked to PC today and they had me do a reset which seems to have fixed the pressure and the page size problems, but still struggling with the rest. They also suggested a software update to it that I will be doing tomorrow if I get time. I REALLY hope it works

January 10th, 2011, 08:49 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sure hope that fixes the problem Alycia. So sorry you are having to deal with all of these problems with a new expression. I also got one for Christmas and haven't taken it out of the box yet. Now I am kind of nervous! LOL! Probably won't have it out for a while as the carpenter is going to be working on the basement and I don't want a whole bunch of dirt getting into it.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

January 11th, 2011, 08:35 AM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
i'm sorry it seems like you got a bad one, I hope the software update helps. I have never done an update on mine, i probably should

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search