Tuesday Inspiration

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 11th, 2011, 02:42 PM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
Take a look at this page. what do you notice about it? Now as a whole i don't really like this page, i don't care for the colors or how style of the flowers. What i did notice and what i do like are the words ion the top left of the picture, and i like how the flowers are inked (or coloured) around the flowers. minus the ones that have their center colored black, really don't like that. What do you ladies like or dislike about this page?

page from (scraps of mind)

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

January 11th, 2011, 03:39 PM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like that the flowers are made from the same paper as the back and with a little edging and turned a different direction, they really stand out. I like the scrabble tile effect of the title (not so much the title itself but the effect)

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
January 11th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
I don't like the vertical stripes behind the flowers and picture, especially since the right one goes wonky before the bottom of the page. For a page about love, I would have chosen warm colors, but other than that, I like it.
January 11th, 2011, 07:36 PM
awesome ladies, these are the exact kind of replies i was looking for, and i agree with you both

January 12th, 2011, 02:37 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I kind of like the horizontal stripe background paper and I really like the letter tiles and the inking around the picture and the mat. I do not like the red vertical stripes especially where the one isn't straigh at the bottom. Personally, I am not a big fan of the flowers. They look really rushed to me where the rest of the page looks so well thought out. I don't think I care for the flower buttons in the middle of the flowers or the black centers either.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

January 12th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
I like how the picture is matted, back in the day i used to single double or even triple matt my pictures!!!

January 12th, 2011, 04:49 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I really like the letter tiles on the title. I might actually do that myself. lol

I looks too playful for a love page to me. I'd do something like this for a picture of one of my kids, or the two together. But it's not very romantic looking. I actually have a picture of Erin that I could just slip right in there and it would look great.

January 12th, 2011, 05:02 PM
JanessaFaith's Avatar Scrapaholic
Like Alycia said, I like that she used the same paper for the background and for the flowers and how well the stand out.

And like others have said, I don't like the verticle stripes. They're just weird!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggie!!

Follow Me!

January 12th, 2011, 08:10 PM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Apparently I'm the only one who didn't notice the stripes sometimes I think my brain escapes me.

Now that I do... I just don't get them... what an odd color to choose with the colors of the paper... and I really don't understand the place it veers off

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
January 12th, 2011, 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&K'sMama View Post
Apparently I'm the only one who didn't notice the stripes sometimes I think my brain escapes me.

Now that I do... I just don't get them... what an odd color to choose with the colors of the paper... and I really don't understand the place it veers off
I didn't notice that either Alycia

January 13th, 2011, 06:52 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I didn't notice them at first either, but I agree, it's just weird. And the place it veers off...looks accidental to me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search