Crop Chat

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 13th, 2011, 10:41 PM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Haven't been on in so long, not even sure you guys still do crop chats, but I LOVE these challenges (not sure if it's cause they're extra awesome, or if I'm just getting motivated again)... I actually have some free times this weekend and am really hoping to get to most if not all the challenges!

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
January 13th, 2011, 11:46 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
I am looking for a page to lift!
January 14th, 2011, 08:12 AM
JanessaFaith's Avatar Scrapaholic
Is it cheating that I did the sketch last night? I didn't plan to, I just wanted to see what page I wanted to do for each challenge and when I decided on that one I had to make sure it would work and so I just did it.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggie!!

Follow Me!

January 14th, 2011, 08:51 AM
SAHM and scrappymommy
I am looking forward to this. I am doing another online crop as well on another forum and I hope to participate in both this weekend.
January 14th, 2011, 09:30 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hoping I get to do at least some of the challenges this weekend. I have a lot of sewing I need to get done today. I am making a 2nd hooded towel, a changing pad clutch, and 2 towel bibs for my neighbor who is due on the 22nd. Then tomorrow my Husband and I have to go order supplies for our basement (trim, doors, and carpet) so that we can get the basement done as soon as possible. Had to move ALL of my scrapping/sewing stuff out of my craft room. Tried to make as much of it as accessable as possible so that I could still use it if I wanted to. Well, suppose I better go get to sewing so that I can get the sewing stuff off of the table so I am able to get my scrappy stuff out.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

January 14th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
This is the last crop I won't have my space fully to myself, I can't wait! I am so sick of people in my space/basement. I'm still sick but on the mend and these challenges have really inspired me and now I want to scrap - I haven't actually scraped in so long (been working on Christmas stuff, etc) so I'm hoping to get a few challenges done. I have a ton I have to get done for the boys party next weekend, too.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart
January 14th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Well.....Got the hooded towel, the changing pad and a matching miniature dirty clothes bag (for in the diaper bag) sewn for my neighbor. I have 2 towel bibs left to sew, but I think those can wait for a little bit. She won't need those till her baby starts to eat solids anyway. Put together a layout for challenge #1 on my gypsy and picked out my pictures for the layout. Progress has been made in my scrappy room. I now have a ceiling! Now to wait for lighting, trim and carpet.

January 14th, 2011, 08:55 PM
SAHM and scrappymommy
That is awesome Kelsey!! I am about to do one of the challenges right now. I am setting aside as much time as I can this weekend to scrap, scrap, scrap!
January 14th, 2011, 09:05 PM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
lol Janessa, not at all, i often did the challenges the night before if they were posted, i am a late night scrapper. Unfortunately i won't get to scrap this weekend either, not the challenges anyway, i have to make 2 birthday banners for the boys birthdays. Ryland isn't having his party at the house but i think he would be upset if i didn't make him one. i have to make 4 birthday cards and 2 thank you cards.

Kelsey can you post a picture of your sewing projects when you are done? I would love to see them. I can't wait to see what your scrap space will look like. YAY for a ceiling!!!!!

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

January 15th, 2011, 08:53 PM
SAHM and scrappymommy
Well wouldn't you know it. I have run out of my tape runner so I am done for the night. I am hoping to go to Michaels tomorrow and buy the ATG gun with my birthday money. I am tired of always running out of this stuff!
January 15th, 2011, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamaralynnb View Post
Kelsey can you post a picture of your sewing projects when you are done? I would love to see them. I can't wait to see what your scrap space will look like. YAY for a ceiling!!!!!
I was in such a hurry to get them done and get them to her that I forgot to take a picture of them. However, I can take a picture of the changing pad and hooded towel that I made for Josh as they are very similar (just different colors).

Didn't get any scrapping done today either. We went to town today (the big one that is 2 hours away) and ordered our carpet, baseboards, trim, doors, and handrails. All of it, except the carpet, should be in around the time the rest of our ceiling tiles come in. I am going to guess that the basement will be done the end of March. So I probably won't have my scrapping room back until close to April. Trying to remember how nice it will be though.

January 16th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Kelsey, I'd love to see your sewing projects too!

Tamara, you are gonna be so busy! I want to attempt a banner sometime!

I didn't get to scrap yesterday. I went over to my SILs early to help her get ready for her sons first birthday. Then of course I stayed for the party which ran till about 5. I can home for a few minutes that evening to do dinner for my cranky husband, then I went back over there for some Wii. And later, once the kids were asleep, I went with my SIL and her friend Leah to the local bar here in town and it turned out to be karaoke night. We had a couple drinks and I finally got the nerve to sing a song! It was fun! And nobody else that was singing was very good so I didn't feel too bad. So I should be able to get some scrapping done today as I don't have much planned. My dog is at the groomer getting her haircut now and I'll be stopping by both SILs houses today briefly but other than that I'll be getting scraptastic!

Follow Me!

January 16th, 2011, 10:46 AM
I did end up adding to the challenge page I've already posted, but I have ended up with a gnarly case of food poisoning (so has the teeny one), so hopeing to get back to the challenges tonight

I've only had food poisoning 3 times in my life and 2 of them have been since I moved to this town... this time the culprit is pizza hut cheese sticks

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
January 16th, 2011, 09:36 PM
I got 2 done today and I'll have at least one more done by noon tomorrow. IDK if I'll have them all posted by noon or not though.

Follow Me!

January 16th, 2011, 11:16 PM
Hi ladies - I just wanted to let you know Tamara is going to be a little MIA as her computer is down. Her DH is trying to fix it but so far nothing. She was busy working on Holden's banner when we were texting though! Hopefully her DH will have her computer fixed soon!

I didn't have a chance to get to the challenges. Yesterday we were out most of the day running errands and checking out preschools, and in the progress I decided to give my scrap space a bigger make over than I was anticipating. So hopefully I'll have pics soon! I got some prep work for that started last night but before I can go any further I have to finish the stuff for the boys party. I'm about half done with the centerpieces - all those little Mickey's take forever! So hopefully I get those done tomorrow.

I did print out the challenges so I hope to get to them soon - I'm thinking we might need some sort of crop catch up challenge soon!!!

Remember you can keep working on the challenges as long as you like

January 17th, 2011, 11:46 AM
LOVE the idea of a crop catch up challenge!!!

I was SO looking forward to these challenges but got SO sick yesterday that my whole day was shot

January 17th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
oh no Alycia, food poisoning is no fun, hope you are better. How is Kate? that must be hard of her too.

Carrie, thanks for posting for me, My computer is running for now, but i am scared to turn it off i finished Holden's banner and started on Ryland's. I love the idea of a crop catch up challenge.

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

January 17th, 2011, 02:01 PM
I think we'll have to get something in the works! I know I could use it. I need to get my scrap space fixed quick!!!

Tamara - I have so, so, so much to do for the boys party still - its going to be a busy week!

January 17th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamaralynnb View Post
oh no Alycia, food poisoning is no fun, hope you are better. How is Kate? that must be hard of her too.
It involved a little more independent play from the girls than they usually have but overall I tried to keep it as normal as possible for them. Their problems were mostly in the diaper situation and didn't even realize that they were "sick"

Glad your computer is back online

January 17th, 2011, 03:48 PM
Ohhh a crop catch up challenge sounds fun! If its not its own thing, it could be a challenge in next months crop to pick a previous challenge to do?

Follow Me!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search