Organize your space Day 2 - Small and shared spaces

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 25th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
Not everyone has a whole room to call their own when it comes to scrap spaces, so here are some ideas for smaller spaces such as closets and shared spaces if you scrap in a dining room/living room/bedroom.

For those of you without a room to call your own, where do you scrap? Do you have a closet or area you can designate your own (even a wall like one photo!)? What are some tips you have for sharing a space with another functional room in your home to keep things clean and nice looking, but still productive?

Even if you don’t currently have an empty closet or space but wish you did… maybe you can reorganize to clear one out!

And when all else fails, you could always buy a camper and have your own little scrap trailer

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart
January 25th, 2011, 12:01 PM
SAHM and scrappymommy
Nice spaces! I am already behind one day on this challenge. LOL I can't wait to see what else you have for challenges. I am in desperate need of some ideas.
January 25th, 2011, 12:09 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Love the camper!! LOL!!

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

January 25th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
nope no closet in my space, eventually we want to get a Murphy bed with lots of shelving in with it. be so much nicer then blowing up a bed all the time we have company. I have a big cube shelf, 12 cubes i think, it works well and is tall enough for my paper holders. it originally was bought instead of a dresser for Ryland's room, and then Tristan's and when we moved here i stole it. I love that red themed one, i'm going to do something similar but more beachy lighter colours. no windows in my space so have to go light colours. lol love the scraping camper. i'm a day behind to Jen i forgot to take a pic

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

January 26th, 2011, 05:31 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I grabbed a corner & a small wall in the storage area of our basement. I think I need to add some more lights, but overall it's a great space. Only problem is that being out of the way, I find I tend to let it get cluttered more. If it was more viewable, I'd probably do a better job of keeping things tidy. I don't have much time during the workweek, but hope to spend time this weekend organizing.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
January 26th, 2011, 09:41 AM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
I love those closets - If I didn't have the basement I think I'd probably be cleaning out the hall linen closet right about now finding places for everything! I've seen a few of those pics a while ago and thought it was a great idea. I also love the idea of using the back of a door to organize supplies and such.

(I realize this is off to a slow start, no worries, just getting the basics out of the way!)

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart
January 26th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
I love the small space ideas. As it is I have a four bedroom house and my kids don't seem to be able to share rooms well. I have a 14yo DS, a 2YO DD and a 4MO DS. My DD is a noen sleeper so I am not sure how that will play out when combine the two little ones. I might find I need to move into a scrapbox somewhere.

January 28th, 2011, 01:07 PM
AprilJanellieBellie's Avatar Keepin Busy
I share my space with the dinning room, so most of the time my scrap stuff is safety stored in my rolling bags & put into the closet in my DH's office. I do have a hutch in my dining room that serves as many things & I have my complete scrap albums in one side & a few random things in the other. I will have to post pictures when the kids either sleep or go home.

Last edited by AprilJanellieBellie; January 28th, 2011 at 01:10 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search