Organize your space Day 3: Paint colors and a field trip!

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 26th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
Since most of us are on a budget, the first field trip is to your local dollar store! See what you can find there to use to organize your space (and maybe even a supply or two!). If you donít have a dollar store, check out Targetís (or another storeís) dollar spot. You donít have to do this today, just before the end of the challenge since you might want to wait until you see an idea you want to recreate and since time is an issue.

And for todayís topic Ė Paint! What color is your room/space currently? Are you happy with the current color or would you like a change? What is your dream color scheme? Anyone planning to paint for the challenge or inspired to do so? Here are some articles on choosing paint colors:

How to Choose the Right Paint Color
Color Wheel Guide | Choose Paint Colors With a Color Wheel | Photos | Painting | This Old House
Choosing Paint Colors

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart
January 26th, 2011, 04:25 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
My room is a light cream and I have no intentions of painting! You do know that means pull out all the stuff in there right?
January 26th, 2011, 05:36 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My room is a light mint green. I don't plan on re-painting it. It is a very relaxing color. If anything, I would like to decorate....but that will have to wait until my room is finished. I have always enjoyed dancing and have collected a lot of dance decor, so will probably decorate with that.

Here is another interesting site about color:
Color Psychology - The Psychology of Color

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

January 27th, 2011, 07:53 PM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
right now, it is a yucky yellowy tanish colour, i hate it, i want to paint it a color caller fountain spout, it's a really pale teal/turquoise color. these are great articles Carrie

the paint is listed here in the center column

Behr Paint - Behr Colors, Behr Interior Paints, ColorSmart Premium Plus House Paints Colors - Paint Chart, Chip, Sample, Swatch, Palette, Color Charts - Exterior, Interior Wall

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

January 28th, 2011, 02:03 PM
AprilJanellieBellie's Avatar Keepin Busy
Lol. I bought a couple small boxes for my brads & small stuff. I also looked at the larger boxes, but I really want another ribbon box, so I passed on that. My room that I scrap in is usually my dinning room. It's off white, because this is a rental, I want to paint it chocolate & orange. Lol.
February 1st, 2011, 06:24 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
paint, what's that? My scrap area is a corner of the storage area in the basement so it's a shiny metal looking material covering the insulation on the back side followed by yucky concrete on the left side. I don't even have a real ceiling at the moment. DH & I have talked about puting up some drywall this summer and try to finish the area off, but like Nicole says, that means moving stuff. Yuck! So not appealing.

One day though . . . I'll get a real space . . . when I do it'll probably be a pale green. I love that color, so relaxing to me.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search