Organize your space Day 5: Paper storage and a field trip!

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 28th, 2011, 08:11 AM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
Here are some ideas to store your newly organized paper. In the last thread we had several ideas posed using the sterilite drawer carts and such so I’m not posting those again, but here are some other ideas.

Jetmax (or similar) cubes specifically designed for paper storage. You can buy these at michales and other craft stores, and I believe Target has (or had) similar cubes. They can be pricy at full price but if you use a coupon or catch them on sale they are much more reasonable

You can also buy similar racks to what stores have – the photo here is of a 3 wide unit. The 2 wides I know cost around $100 so they are pricey, but I was able to find one (by pure luck!) on craigslist for $30! So that gives us our next field trip – I want you to browse craigslist, garage sales, consignment shops, etc in search of something used (and a good deal!) to use for your space! This doesn’t have to be limited today but keep checking, you never know what you might find!

Here is one option to store papers – the website lists it at $60 (and I’ve seen them for more) but I made this for less than $15. Target (or Wal-Mart/Meijer/whatever) sells six cube wire shelf/organizers that look like this. Currently our target has them on sale for $14.99. Buy the cubes and assemble 3 (or 4 if you want taller.. I use the bottom cube for storage since there won’t be enough paper shelves to fill a 4 cube tall tower) cubes according to directions. Use the remaining pieces for the other cubes as the shelves for the paper. I used some floral wire I hand on hand and just attached the shelves that way though you could easily use twist ties (just use enough), those plastic ties, etc. I attached each side at 3 points (corners and middle) and it holds my paper and such fine.

Scrapbook Paper Storage Cube System

This is the crop in style P3 tote – also expensive ($100 on one site I saw) but would be great for those limited on space:

Additional budget friendly storage options include:
Use 2 gallon ziplocs for paper – you can group together like paper and embellishments and seal them up. Then when you want to use a particular paper or line, you have that and all the coordinating pieces right at hand!

Priority Mail shipping boxes also make great storage options. I took a few I had left over from some orders I placed that I cut down and covered with paper to look nice. Here is an example of the one I made to store Caden’s color books and such:

As tamara posted earlier, old cereal boxes could work for this, too.

And here is an article that goes over several different sotorage options. One idea listed that I liked is to use a hanging magazine rack to store your paper!
How to organize scrapbook paper - Boston Arts and Crafts | Examiner.com

**running late to get Caden ready for school, hope to add more later! What do you use to store your paper? Do you need more storage? Any plans? What is your dream storage system??

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart
January 28th, 2011, 08:58 AM
AprilJanellieBellie's Avatar Keepin Busy
Great Ideas! I have one of these & one of these
The first one isn't quite the same as the one I have. I bought mine many years ago at a local scrap store & haven't been able to find anything like it since. So that's why I bought the other one. The other is great for putting like things together. Paper that matches embelishments or alphas.

Last edited by AprilJanellieBellie; February 2nd, 2011 at 08:44 AM.
January 28th, 2011, 09:11 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Before my mom got the sterilite drawers she used pizza boxes (unused ones of course). She went to the local Pizza Hut and asked if she could have some unassembled pizza boxes (can't remember if they were the medium or the large ones). Then she just assembled them inside out so that she had a nice plain brown outside and labled them with what color was inside.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

January 28th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
Ooh I like the pizza box idea - that would be nice for when I buy paper/embellies to scrap specific photos but don't have time - put the paper, photos, and embellies all in a box until I can get to it! Would help with momentos, too. I have a bunch of things I wanted to scrap (bracelets, christmas cards, etc) that I forgot about when I did the pages and now I'll have to go back and add pages in. I think I'm going to call pizza hut and see if they'd be willing to give some boxes hehe.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart
February 1st, 2011, 05:29 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I never thought about pizza boxes or priority shipping boxes. I'll have to remember those.

I currently use these Sterilite carts from Target. Very economical - $35 on sale right now for $30. Sterilite 7-Drawer Craft Cart - White : Target

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
February 2nd, 2011, 12:39 PM
PeanutandPiglet'sMom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to PeanutandPiglet'sMom Send a message via Yahoo to PeanutandPiglet'sMom
I LOVE that cart from Target...I got 2 a few years back for $50!!! ($25 each on a clearance!!!!)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search