cricut question

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 28th, 2011, 09:33 PM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
Hi ladies. I used to post here a long time ago, but I haven't in a long time. I'm in school full time and working two jobs so scrapbooking time is nearly unheard of. Anyway.... I just had a quick question for you all.

I am getting ready to buy a cricut expression and I just wanted to know..... what are the cartridges that you consider MUST HAVE cartridges? I will probably only be able to get 4 or 5 cartridges to start with so I wanted suggestions before I start buying.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
January 28th, 2011, 09:55 PM
AprilJanellieBellie's Avatar Keepin Busy
I say at least one font. I would go through ebay or their site & just look at what cartridges interest you. I think that everyone is different, I have the 2 that came with mine & the 2 that my company makes, & Mickey Font, that's it.
January 29th, 2011, 08:17 AM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ebay and online stores are the way to go. Even the sales at Joann Fabrics and Micheal's can be higher then what you can get online. I agree with having the font cartridges. Lyrical Letters is pretty good since it has six (I think) different fonts. I also like Alphalicious a lot. The Everyday Paper Dolls and Paper Doll Dress Up both have a lot of different things on them and I also really like Stretch Your Imagination. When I first started, I only did fonts, but now I'm branching out more.

January 29th, 2011, 08:21 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey Steph!!! Good to see you again!! Sounds like you have been really busy lately.

I would reccomend Lyrical Letters for a font cartridge. With that one you get 7 different fonts. Some other carts with multiple fonts are Calligraphy (these are really delicate fonts) and Cuttin up (I just got this one - haven't used it yet). Lyrical Letters is my favorite though.

As for shape cartridges, it depends on what you plan on scrapping. You can go here, Cricut cartridges , and look at what each cartridge has to offer. (left column is a quick preveiw of the cart and the right is the whole handbook)

I would reccomend buying the carts on ebay. You can get a pretty good deal on your carts if you are patient. (I just got graphically speaking for $12.?? and Cuttin up for $16.?? both with free shipping.)

Don't know where you have been looking for the expression, but some come in bundles that include carts which are pretty good deals too.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

January 29th, 2011, 12:37 PM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love the cuttin up font cart. I'd get it and lyrical letters and you should be set on fonts for a long time. I use Doodle Charms, Stretch your imagination, and Accent essentials the most after my font cartridges. I think their selection encompasses all the basics

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
January 29th, 2011, 09:45 PM
Thanks ladies. I have already bought one cartridge. I picked up the Sports Mania cart today. We are going to work on remodeling our house starting with the kids rooms this spring and since my sone wants a sports theme, I figured I could use this one to make decorations for his room.

The expression that I am getting does come with two carts included, but I don't remember which ones they are.

Also, does anyone know off hand of a cartridge that does musical notes, or music sheet music type stuff? My daughter's room is going to have a music theme, so I am hoping to find something like that for her.

January 29th, 2011, 09:50 PM
Kelsey, I have definitely been busy. I'll definitely check out the cartridges that you mentioned. They sound pretty much like exactly what I am looking for. Thanks!

January 30th, 2011, 09:06 AM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Rock princess and hannah montana carts have music related things in them I believe

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
January 30th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Alycia gave you the best 2.

I just remembered...This site was shared earlier on the board. It is a GREAT help when trying to find specific images!

Welcome to CricutSearch.com

January 30th, 2011, 04:18 PM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
Welcome Stephanie. I agree with the other ladies with Lyrical letters it has 7 fonts and some great details as well.
ZooBalloo is a good one as well and i love Alphalicious. every day paper doll and paper doll dress up are wonderful too, with a lot of other versatile images with them, definitely check out the handbooks for them at the site Kelsey mentioned, it is great for previewing what cartridges have, a lot of them have images you wouldn't think they did.

Hannah Montana cart has a scale feature you can use with all the notes it has a treble clef and a whole note on it also has a quarter note, and a 2x16 note and some of them switch out the circles of the note for a stars Actually the Hannah Montana one has almost all the notes you could want and you could do a whole sheet music page if you linked them together. and it also has an alphabet

Gypsy wanderings has some really nice ones too, lyrical letters has one in it but just the one

Rock Princess would be another one to check out it has a lot of notes and instruments but no scales

winter frolic had a nice flourish with music notes on it. as well as being able to cute the notes alone

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

January 30th, 2011, 06:44 PM
Ladies, I just have to say that you are all awesome! I just looked at the Hannah Montana cart, and it is EXACTLY what I need for my daughters room! The only problem with anything that you all have shared here is that I now am going to end up spending a fortune on carts! lol

January 30th, 2011, 06:50 PM
lol, glad we could help you, i was quite impressed with the Hannah Montana cart, i have never taken a look at it before and i wish i had a reason to buy it

January 31st, 2011, 09:00 AM
sunny's Avatar It's all in the Hips!
I use plantin schoolbook LOADS (came with my cricut-e) and I also love love love create a critter! So many options with that one! I also use indieart loads. I am on a cricut hiatus as I need to purchase new mats for mine! Hopefully next payday will be back at it!
January 31st, 2011, 02:19 PM
i also adore create a critter, one of my favorites and i actually use the Plantin schoolbook a lot too, i wouldn't have bought it on my own i don't think but it came with my cricut

January 31st, 2011, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny View Post
I am on a cricut hiatus as I need to purchase new mats for mine! Hopefully next payday will be back at it!
To save money on mats, you could try this:

Exclusive Offer for Viewers from Crafter’s Companion | Above Rubies Studio

February 1st, 2011, 06:33 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't had time to play lately, but picked up Lyrical Letters after seeing all the different fonts these ladies have done with it. It is great!! For shapes, I really love Stretch Your Imagination, Life is a Beach, Create a Critter & WildCard. Also the Robotz one that I purchased, and can't wait to play with that one.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search