Cricut & Gypsy

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2011, 04:17 PM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
I don't know how many of you use the gypsy with your cricut, but I think it's awesome. It saves me so much paper because I am not guessing how something from one cartridge relates to something on another one, size wise. Also, I can cut everything out at once. Here is a picture of my mat post cutting. It might be hard to see the cut lines. It's a dinosaur, something from lacy labels and a word + shadow.

February 13th, 2011, 08:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow. That is really cool. I love that it saves paper. Maybe I will ask for the Gypsy for my birthday.

February 14th, 2011, 07:57 AM
I guess I should also add that it is totally not intuitive, but once you get over the initial frustration, it's great. There are some videos and I had to download a PDF of the manual because it doesn't come with one (*** lazy Provocraft??).

You can also meld letters together to make word blocks, like their pre-done phrases that they have. I haven't mastered that yet.
February 14th, 2011, 01:12 PM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
that's awesome, i am hoping that Santa delivers my IOU for my birthday at the end of May

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

February 14th, 2011, 01:23 PM
Another cool thing the gypsy does is it lets you delete cuts. So, for the items where you have to cut two of something to get it to be a different color (like they have it pictured), you can cut half of it in one paper and the other half in another paper without having to be a master paper cutter.

For example, to get the above picture with three different colored trees, you'd have to cut it three times and end up with nine trees. The gypsy would let you delete the cuts of two of the trees so that you're only cutting one.
February 14th, 2011, 03:22 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just got my gypsy for Christmas and just started making cuts with it this month. I do love how you can delete cuts and weld things together!! Still trying to master the paper sizing and placement to cut multiple things, but I know I will get it eventually. I actually bought the "Gypsy A to Z" DVD off of ebay to help me learn how to use my gypsy. It helped soooo much!! (They forgot to go over deleting cuts...but I figured it out myself) I actually have a bunch of layouts planned on my gypsy. Now I just need to go pick out paper and start actually putting them together. LOL! So glad I got my gypsy!!!

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search