Carrie's Space!

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
What ideas from the different days did you use? Ribbon rings, DVD cases for stamps, rainbow order.
What is the oldest item you found? Stickers!! I took a pic lol
What is something you found and completely forgot you had and canít wait to put to use? Some paper and chipboard embellishments.
What is something you found and completely forgot you had and canít believe you even bought in the first place? Nothing really Ė I wonít use the stickers I found but at the time I bought them they were pretty great! Iíll let Caden have them now.
Did you buy anything new during this challenge and if so, what? The ribbon rings and DVD cases
What was your most creative contribution to your new space? Probably my embellished tins though I didnít make them new for this challenge.
What re purposed items (if any) are now in your scrap space? The white wicker vanity table I used to put my paper organizer on. It was just sitting in storage.
Did you go on the field trips posted? If so, what did you find for $1 (or at the dollar store) and craigslist? I found the wire organizer on CL before the challenge started and then I found a room divider (pic below) for $35!
Is there anything you still need to work on?
I think Iím going to find a better way to store my cricut carts so I can clear those shelves. I need to move my cuttlebug stuff so I can put my old printer downstairs (had to buy a new one). Iíd also like to make some cute decorations for the play area and I still need to organize my painting supplies and sewing stuff. I also bought a 2nd organizer for my scraps so I can divide them into patterned paper and card stock.I'd also like to get some of those bars/baskets from Ikea.

Before photo Ė to be fair this was really messy lol. I knew I was going to be re-doing things so I hadnít cleaned in a bit and was just leaving stuff out to organize later hehe

Isnít my sump pump pretty? Lol

Before/temporary play area

Oldest item was this old folder of stickers! I canít believe that at one point this was basically all my supplies plus a small box

And after!!!

back wall

Computer desk w/ stamps and book cases. Scraps are in the file in the long slot on the right.

My desk - the cart under the desk has adhesives, punches, cutting tools, etc

Patterned paper, embellies and such

Ink, alphas, manuals and SU punches

Cardstock, more pattened paper, carts, and random rub ons and embellishments on the back wall

The 1st cart has cards, envelopes, Disney stuff, other misc items. The top drawers hold clear stamps I still need to get cases for and then below that are my wheels and such

The other cart has embellishments grouped into categories (baby, christmas, family, brithday, boy, seasons, etc)

Ribbon before (I still have some in the cases that we're too wide for the rings, and that I wanted to keep on spools)

ribbon after!

This cart holds more patterned paper, completed pages, and specific project items. The top 2 slots have loose wood mounted stamps and embellishments

cuttlebug stuff and photos

Stamp sets

Clear/unmounted stamp sets - I need to get more cases for the rest of them

This was my clear stamps before lol

baby food jar storage for embellishments

Book case with cricut carts, clear stamps, misc craft items

My craiglist find for this challenge! (white wire paper organizer was another). I got this for $35 and while not scrappy, use to make things look nicer

Play area after!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart
February 15th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
Looks nice!

For the cricut cartridges, if you gate a gypsy, you don't need the cartridges anymore. You can just put them into storage and keep the books out or something like that.
February 15th, 2011, 11:18 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Your space looks great Carrie!!! Those were great finds on Craigslist!! I love the play area too!!

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

February 15th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
so gorgeous Carrie, i love your back wall. I really really want your paper storage stuff and your drawers, well your whole space really. I adore the ribbon rings but i can't do that. mt cat would have a field day. your play area is great. we have the same toy shelf, but i use it for lego now

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search