Courtney's Space

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
I did not really do anything for this challenge because I just went through a reorganization in September/October moving all of my stuff from wire shelves and random bins in the basement up to a room over my garage. I will answer these questions as if it was then. I did do one small thing with scrap paper, inspired by one of the things from in here.

What ideas from the different days did you use?
I put my small scraps into a zippered plastic pencil pouches for binders, similar to this, only clear and one pouch for each color

What is the oldest item you found?
Ugly old 8.5x11" useless paper that I got at Walmart about 7 years ago

What is something you found and completely forgot you had and can’t wait to put to use?
a bunch of foam stickers

What is something you found and completely forgot you had and can’t believe you even bought in the first place?
see oldest item, above

Did you buy anything new during this challenge and if so, what?
Yes, the colored drawers from the Container Store.

What was your most creative contribution to your new space?
I don't think I did anything particularly creative in this

What re purposed items (if any) are now in your scrap space?
I re-purposed our office desks and a 3x3 cube toy storage thing (for fabric)

Did you go on the field trips posted? If so, what did you find for $1 (or at the dollar store) and craigslist?
No, this all happened beforehand. I forget that craigslist exists most of the time.

Is there anything you still need to work on?
I could go through the stickers again, probably. The markers and colored pencils are also kind of dumped in a drawer.

The desk and the room

Main Storage

The desk is 12' x 13' with 3 separate working areas and has kitchen cabinets underneath. These hold a lot of the big things. I have all of the cricut cartridges in one corner so I can have easy access to the booklets. I did print the pdfs of every cartridge I own and put them into 3 ring binders so I can flip through the fonts quickly and things like that.
February 15th, 2011, 03:51 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Great space Courtney!! I absolutely love that desk!!! I have been contemplating printing off all of the pdf's for all of the cartridges I own. What seems to be holding me up is that my printer is an ink hog! I do need to go ahead and print off the books for the carts that my mom has (since both of us have a gypsy, we exchanged carts that the other didn't have so that we could use them on our cricut).

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

February 15th, 2011, 04:42 PM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
I found a tip somewhere that allows you to print 3 "pages" of the booklet onto one piece of printer paper, so I did that front and back at work.

Here is a page that shows how to print 6 to a page. I didn't print color, so I did three. I would have printed them at home, but it would have taken too long and our home printer doesn't do 2 sided.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search