June Chat

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 7th, 2011, 09:41 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssa&rylan's-mommy View Post
I can't wait to have our house built so I can have my scrapping room instead of just a desk
I'm still waiting on my scrappy room too!

Carrie - Good luck with the surprise BBQ!! Sounds like it will be fun!! I hope things calm down for you after that so that you can get some scrapping done!

AFM - Finally feeling better. Not doing so well on my working out though. I thought that having Kendra back home to entertain Josh would give me a little more time, but right now she is testing me! I swear the last 2 days she has done about everything she can to just piss me off. I'm hoping she gets it out of her system soon! I did manage to get away for about 30-45 minutes to make Josh's birthday card though! I need to get 3 Father's day cards made, but should try to get my scrappy space picked back up again. I also have a layout (for the name challenge - May crop) setting out that I need to finish.

Thought I would run with an idea I got from Tamara in my "Almost" Daily Page Inspiration questionnaire thread. I am challenging myself to try 1 new technique or tutorial every week. Thought I would post the technique/tutorial directions, difficulty, approximate time it took to do, and my finished project in a thread every Tuesday. Thought it would give us all some more ideas and challenge me to try something new (as well as help me stock pile my cards! LOL!!)

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

Last edited by babyloves2dance; June 7th, 2011 at 09:44 PM.
June 8th, 2011, 05:56 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to BeckyM
I need to badly badly badly organize & clean out my scrap area. My problem is I just have way too much stuff.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
June 8th, 2011, 06:33 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I hope the barbeque goes well, Carrie!!

I need to get some new organizers too, I have way too much for my desk to hold!

I haven't been getting much done the last couple of days, but I need to get with it.. I still have like 10 pages to do for Troy's 8x8, and I need 4 cards by next weekend.. oh my.
June 9th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyM View Post
I need to badly badly badly organize & clean out my scrap area. My problem is I just have way too much stuff.
I would love to meet a scrapper that doesn't have too much stuff! LOL!! It is just so hard to part with any of it!

Quote:
I need to get some new organizers too, I have way too much for my desk to hold!

I haven't been getting much done the last couple of days, but I need to get with it.. I still have like 10 pages to do for Troy's 8x8, and I need 4 cards by next weekend.. oh my.
Totes and such seem to have become my new obsession! LOL!! Not just for my scrappy stuff but everywhere else in the house too. I think it stems from living in an old house that had like 2 closets and a hand full of cupboards on the main floor - nothing could ever be organized because there wasn't enough space. Hope you are able to get all your pages and cards done!

AFM - I totally forgot the crop started today!! (Even after I posted the thread asking if it started this weekend.) Will have to go down and get my pictures so I can at least start designing them on my Gypsy. Then if I get time to sneak downstairs I can get them put together. Hoping to get 1-2 done. Wish I could do more than that, but Josh's birthday is on Sunday and we are having family out so I need to get the house cleaned up and start prepping food. Can't wait to see what everyone come up with!!

June 9th, 2011, 10:03 AM
I forgot about it too until I just looked at the board! I just laid the kids down for a nap, so hopefully I can get some done now!
June 9th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Kelsey - I hope Josh's party goes well & can't wait to see pics. It's so hard to believe he's 1 already. Seems like we were just pg not that long ago waiting (impatiently) for our little ones to arrive.

Chantelle - good luck getting your pages & cards done.

We have dinner plans with friends Sat evening & a bday party to go to on Sun, but I do hope to have some scrapping time this weekend, I've rearranged a few things so "should" have some time. I guess I should let DH know that I'm hoping he'll occupy Mark for several hours Saturday morning for me. I'm also participating in a swap, so need to make some boy things too. Between our crop & the swap, I expect to have a busy scrapping weekend. And then somewhere in there I need to do laundry too . . . whew. . . there's just not enough weekend days to the weekend.

June 9th, 2011, 11:45 AM
Well, Rylan slept all of 45 minutes, so I only got one layout partially done. Guess it'll have to wait until this evening when Troy is home to help me out with them.

I decided to get some maternity pictures done, something I've never done before.. I'm having them done on Saturday
June 10th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Becky - Hope you have fun this weekend and with the swap! I totally agree that there are not enough weekend days to the weekend!!

Chantelle - Maternity pictures sound like so much fun! It's something I thought about doing with both kids and never did. Kind of wish I would have now that they are growing up.

AFM - Just got back from picking up the last few items (I hope) for Josh's birthday party. Need to go out really quick and do some mowing and transplant our pumpkins and sunflowers into the garden while Josh is occupied with watching Toy Story 2 (Seems to be his favorite movie). Have to make some cards tonight, but hopefully will have a little time to work on the challenges too.

June 10th, 2011, 10:21 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Just dropping in to say hi. I've been working nonstop it feels this week...lol Sooner I get moved, the sooner I can have the internet there at the house and unpack my scrappy stuff! I'm sad I'm missing the crop. Oh well.

June 11th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Hope his party goes well, Kelsey!

Hi Brittanie I hope the move is going smoothly for you!

The kids are outside while Troy is barbequing, so I'm trying to finish up a LO real quick.. then we're going to the park after supper, and maybe to the footbridge.. I'm loving this warm weather

Got my maternity pictures done today, and tried to get some done of the kids too, but they weren't cooperating very well so we'll see how they turn out..
June 11th, 2011, 06:52 PM
I'm falling over exhausted and just ready for it to be done. lol But it is going as well as can be expected! lol

June 12th, 2011, 08:47 AM
Moving is always crazy, and always worse when you're pregnant!

Just hopping on before I head to my baby shower, it's a busy weekend here!
June 12th, 2011, 04:40 PM
Brittanie - Glad the move is going okay!

Chantelle - Sorry the kids didn't cooperate when getting their picture taken. I am going to attempt to get Josh and Kendra's pictures taken here sometime later this month. Hoping it goes better than family pictures did back in November. Have fun at your baby shower!!

Had Josh's birthday party today. Was a great time with all the grandparents and great grandparents! I'm exhausted now though. Don't know whether to go take a nap or go do some scrapping....would really like to do both!

June 12th, 2011, 04:59 PM
I vote for the nap Kelsey! Of course Sundays are the only days I ever get to nap since Matt's home to take care of the kids and we've gotten all our needs done on Saturday. lol

I also don't have any scrap stuff out, so I don't have that option. lol Can't wait until we get done moving and unpacked and I get the nursery finished (we're not getting that painting done until after we move since it doesn't need to be used for a few months and we don't have the furniture yet, etc

June 12th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Glad the party went well, Kelsey!

I really could have used a nap today, but I didn't get a chance, it's after 9 now so I'll probably go to bed as soon as I'm done this layout I'm working on..

My shower went great We got our infant carrier, the crib bedding I wanted, a baby bullet, a lot of clothes and smaller stuff, and $315! Should be able to finish up all of our shopping with that.
June 12th, 2011, 09:10 PM
I ended up scrapping instead of napping. Someone had to stay up to check on Kendra who was playing outside. I did get another layout done though!

Glad to hear your shower went well Chantelle!

June 13th, 2011, 05:15 AM
I almost finished another layout last night, but I was falling asleep, so I'll have to finish it after Troy gets up this morning.. I need to get a couple of cards done too, asap..
June 13th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Hi ladies! I love seeing all the crop pages this time, and am bummed that I didn't have time to do any this weekend. We were just way too busy and also Mark is really walking now so that also keeps me occupied. He looks so cute though, and I just love watching him toddle along.

June 13th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Quote:
I almost finished another layout last night, but I was falling asleep, so I'll have to finish it after Troy gets up this morning.. I need to get a couple of cards done too, asap..
I have a couple cards I need to get done ASAP too! Hoping to get to them today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyM View Post
Hi ladies! I love seeing all the crop pages this time, and am bummed that I didn't have time to do any this weekend. We were just way too busy and also Mark is really walking now so that also keeps me occupied. He looks so cute though, and I just love watching him toddle along.
Way to go Mark!! Josh is starting to try to walk a little more. Most steps he has taken before falling is 3. He also thinks it is funny to "fall" into mom....not so funny to me because I am not always ready to catch him!

Josh had his 1 year check up today. He weighed 23.3 pounds and was 31 1/4 inches tall. He is going to be tall and skinny like his sister! LOL!! Got his first chicken pox vaccine today. Between that and his party yesterday he is just utterly exhausted! He took a 2 hour nap from 6-8 last night, then slept from 10 to 5 and again from 6-9. Then he slept most of the way home from the dr appointment and is still sleeping right now.

I did finally get the Elegant Edges cartridge! $40.20 with free shipping on ebay ($39 something was the lowest I had seen it go). There were soooooo many times during this crop that it would have come in handy. And what do you know....the day after I won that auction Joann's sends out an email that their carts are on sale.....Elegant Edges for $33.99! Keep telling myself that I probably would have had to pay shipping on it anyway getting the total up to about $40. Either way I think it will be worth the money! Can't wait for it to get here so that I can start playing with it!!

Last edited by babyloves2dance; June 13th, 2011 at 11:41 AM.
June 13th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Awww, WTG Mark! I love when they first start walking

Glad Josh's check-up went well! And hooray for a new cartridge

I'm trying to decide whether to make my thankyou cards or just buy them.. I'm leaning toward making them because I can just mass-produce them and it shouldn't take too much time..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search