June Chat

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 14th, 2011, 05:17 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I need to work on my will power when it comes to scrappy stuff!! So I was looking for some different techniques to try out the other day and came across one that I think looks REALLY cool! (Shhhh!! Not going to say what it is!!) I want to try it so bad that I went ahead and ordered supplies for it (one of the few scrappy things I don't have yet!). Once I get them in and play with them/figure out what I am doing then I will post it as a Tuesday Technique/Tutorial. I also ordered an embossing pad for my big kick (something I have needed for a while - my mouse pad is too thick and it's frustrating to try and find the right thickness combo to make it work) and a mini stamp set that I thought was super cute and funny (for birthday cards). I did manage to keep my order under $40 but had to be over $35 to use the free shipping promo code. Oooooh!! I can't wait to share this technique with you!!!! Now the long unbearable wait begins!!

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

June 14th, 2011, 05:51 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Oooh, I'm excited to hear what it is!

I've been lazy today and didn't get any scrapping done at all.. oopps!
June 15th, 2011, 12:22 PM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't wait to hear/see what the new technique is.

I'm hoping with having a 3 day weekend (daycare is closed on Friday) that I can get something done this weekend. I will still have Mark, but maybe when he naps. . . (crossing fingers here)

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
June 15th, 2011, 02:10 PM
I need to stop putting off making these cards.. they need to be done by this weekend!
June 15th, 2011, 05:23 PM
So EXCITED!!!! My Elegant Edges cartridge came in the mail today!!!! I am sooooo ready for LOAD now!!!! Got my project done for next weeks Tuesday Technique/Tutorial (and no, it's not the one I just ordered supplies for ). Almost have my Father's day cards done and worked some more on my name challenge layout from the May crop. Saw they finally have the Beep Beep Lite cartridge for sale on walmart.com......going to try and hold out till close to Christmas to get it. COME ON WILL POWER!!

June 16th, 2011, 03:56 AM
My will power is terrible when it comes to scrapbooking stuff!

I only managed to finish one card last night, which means I still have three left to do..
June 16th, 2011, 04:49 AM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have been so busy with getting the basement time, my scrappy stuff is collecting dust!! I have ordered three cartridges recently, so hopefully I will be ready. I can't wait to get everything all neat and organized and take pics. It's going to be awesome!! Oh, and thanks to Kelsey, I had to order Elegant Edges . I didn't realize when I bid on it that it had already been uploaded to a Gypsy, but I don't have one, so it doesn't really matter. If I ever get one, it will the only one I can't upload, so hopefully it will be ok. I was going through some of my pages yesterday and realized I can't wait to get back into scrapping!! I haven't done anything since maybe Christmas and I miss it!!

Hope everyone gets all thier scrappy projects done!! Looking forward to seeing your new technique, Kelsey!!

June 16th, 2011, 05:51 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good to "see" you Amanda! I'd been wondering where you had been lately.

Chantelle - I have very little will power either with scrappy stuff.

Kelsey - the Beep Beep cart does look adorable.

I'm glad you ladies are looking forward to the LOAD. I'm getting challenges ready now & can't wait to see what we all do.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
June 16th, 2011, 06:35 AM
I'm so excited too see what you've come up with for LOAD! I have an online crop on another forum this weekend, that ends Sunday night, then LOAD starting Monday morning
June 16th, 2011, 06:36 AM
Amanda - Good to see you! I wondered where you went too. Hooray for new carts!!! LOL!!! That sucks that they sold the elegant edges cart already loaded on their gypsy. They shouldn't be able to do that. I really hate when they mark them as new and unused on ebay! Once they are on the gypsy they should be considered used!! I would hate to be them if their gypsy broke as you have to re-load all your carts when you get your replacement. (My mom just had to re-load all of hers. She had to send in for a replacement because one of the ports fell into her gypsy and she couldn't hook it up to her cricut.)

Becky - Can't wait!!

I came up with a plan for getting the beep beep cart!!! I am not doing so well with my exercising............so..........if I can keep up with my exercising and keep my house clean until the end of July then it will be my reward!! Do you think that sounds like a good plan??

June 16th, 2011, 06:42 AM
That sounds like a great plan to me, Kelsey!

There's a few new carts I want, but I also want a new camera, and so far the camera is winning out..
June 16th, 2011, 03:48 PM
I have a killer headache today. Almost migraine strength. Just wish it would go away.

I did see that my order from Joann's shipped today!! I also came up with a project I want to do to try out my Your Story. Shouldn't take too long to make....hopefully. I'll post it when I get it done.

Last edited by babyloves2dance; June 16th, 2011 at 03:51 PM.
June 16th, 2011, 06:38 PM
Do you like the Your Story, Kelsey? I haven't had the chance to look at one up close yet. Can't wait to see what you come up with, and I hope your headache goes away!

One card finished.. just two more to go!
June 16th, 2011, 07:05 PM
This will be the first time I have used it, but will let you know what I think when I am done with my project!

June 16th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
Wow, i can't believe i haven't posted in here yet this month. Tristan had his last day of preschool today and wouldn't participate in his concert, all the other kids were lined up along the wall and he was laying on the floor. there are some pictures up on facebook in the June album. Ryland has a field trip to the zoo tomorrow, he is excited even though it is supposed to rain. He has school all the way up to the 28th of this month, then he is off until September 1st. Richard is still working his butt off trying to keep our bills paid. I miss the time we used to spend together. nothing really new with me, i'm at the tail end of a cold still coughing but my throat isn't as sore as it was.

Robin congrats on having another little boy, how exciting.

Alycia, I also would love to see pictures of your new place, and I miss your pages too, was great to see them during the crop

Kelsey we have a Canon Powershot SX20IS and I love it, it's kind of advanced for me, i don't know how to use all the functions properly. but it takes HD video too. it is 12.1 megapixels which for me means about half my pictures are blurry but the ones that are clear are amazing, i love the color accent picture, i can choose to have a black and white picture and only 1 other color in it. so fun to play with. Before this Camera all we had was Kodak and i loved them too, but found like you they go after a few years 3 usually 5 if your lucky. I have never heard of the elegant edges cartridge. i really like it and have added it to my wish list. I think your plan for getting the beep beep cartridge sounds like a great idea

Carrie I hope your BBQ goes well and the weather cooperates for you.

Chantelle, i am happy to hear your baby shower went well. That's one thing i missed out on, i didn't get a baby shower with any of my children.

Becky that is wonderful Mark is walking. It is a lot more work when they start walking

Amanda YAY for new cartridges, i can't wait to see your pages again

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

June 16th, 2011, 09:52 PM
RobinX02's Avatar Crazy mom of 3!
Thanks Tamera!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Thanks *Kiliki* for my siggy
June 17th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Tried out my Your Story today. For only having 3 little buttons, it is kind of confusing to figure out at first (IMO). Took my about 3 times to get my project binded - actually took it all the way apart once and added more glue. I made my own cover for this project so figuring out how much glue I needed was kind of a guess. I think I had just a bit too much after I added more because it did seep out a little. Oh well, doesn't have to be perfect! It will be interesting to see how long it holds - wouldn't be a problem except my project has folded pages in it which didn't seem to want to bind quite as well. I also should have scored my pages so that they would have laid flat a little better. Just need to decorate the front of the project and add some stuff to a couple of pages then I will get it posted for everyone to see.

June 18th, 2011, 04:31 AM
I woke up with a bad cough and a headache today .. Appointment yesterday went well though, although they still didn't check me .. Today I need to get to work on some scrapping for the online crop I'm participating in!
June 18th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Hope you get feeling better Chantelle!! Glad to hear that your appointment went well!! Have fun with your crop this weekend!!

June 18th, 2011, 08:38 PM
Thanks

I've been pretty productive so far.. one card and one layout finished, and another almost done!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search