June Chat

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 2nd, 2011, 07:35 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How is everyone doing??

Kendra is on a week long vacation to my parents - they live about 3 hours away so we don't really get to see them much. You would think that only having 1 kid around I would have more time to do some scrapping, but that doesn't seem to have changed. I am also trying to work out every day trying to get myself bikini worthy for the cruise we are going on...so it seems like I am having to choose between scrapping and working out all the time. To top it off, josh has been going to bed late lately leaving no time in the evening to scrap either. There is so much I want to do! Hopefully I will find a system that works that allows me to scrap and workout without much conflict.

I think we are going to have to find a new camera before we go on our cruise. The one we have is about 5 years old and is going through batteries in about a day. I'm bummed because I really liked this camera. Any suggestions for a new camera?? The one we have now is a Kodak EasyShare Z650. Its kind of a mid-size camera.

I can't believe that Josh will be turning 1 in only 10 days! It doesn't seem like a year already! Where does time go?!?!

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

June 2nd, 2011, 07:39 PM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm still focusing on unpacking for the most part. I have all my scrappy stuff unpacked, but no storage at ALL so it's all sitting on the desk. I don't even know where anything is. I'm redecorating every room in my house, and it's quite expensive, but I LOVE it

Kelsey. I had the Kodak z812IS... do not buy it. the batteries are SO expensive and it's never worked right. I have no advice on a mid size. I went for the DSLR, but haven't had luck with point and shoots.

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
June 2nd, 2011, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&K'sMama View Post
Kelsey. I had the Kodak z812IS... do not buy it. the batteries are SO expensive and it's never worked right. I have no advice on a mid size. I went for the DSLR, but haven't had luck with point and shoots.
That is one thing I really liked about this camera....it uses 2 AA bateries instead of those fancy camera batteries. Makes replacements so much easier to find and a lot more affordable!!

June 2nd, 2011, 09:42 PM
RobinX02's Avatar Crazy mom of 3!
Doing great on my end. We just had our anatomy scan on Tuesday and found out we are having a boy. Still working on picking out names. Both kids are doing good. DS is teething and I think its either the top canines or molars and he isnt happy about it. He isnt fond of orajel either. lol

Seems like all Kodaks are battery eaters! Mine is so old. Think its only like a 6.1 mpg I really want a Nikon DSLR but have no $$$$. Some day!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Thanks *Kiliki* for my siggy
June 2nd, 2011, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinX02 View Post
Seems like all Kodaks are battery eaters! Mine is so old. Think its only like a 6.1 mpg I really want a Nikon DSLR but have no $$$$. Some day!

Ours was really good with batteries until about mid-year last year (so about 4 years old) then it slowly started eating the batteries. We have been putting off buying a new camera since it started this. My mom has a Nikon that she got the same year we got ours and hers started doing the same thing about the same time ours did. I think it is just like all things these days....built to replace, not to last.

June 3rd, 2011, 04:24 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I'm no help with the camera thing, I need a new one desperately.

Hooray for a baby boy, Robin!

Everything's good here.. heading to the zoo today, the kids love it, but I'm sure I'll regret it at the end of the day. My hips and back will not thank me for this one.. I am going to stop at my LSS on the way though And maybe grab a Sizzix Texture Boutique
June 3rd, 2011, 06:45 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on a baby boy, Robin!! Boo on DS teething. Poor little man. Mark is teething again too. I rotate teethers in & out of the freezer and also provide ice cold washclothes. That seems to help Mark's discomfort.

Kelsey - So hard to believe Josh will be 1 soon!!! (just like I can't believe my little man is 1 already too) Where does the time go to? Good luck getting bikini ready.

Alycia - yay for getting to redecorate!! I can't wait to see some pics of the new place. and I hope you can reorganize your scrap stuff soon too & have time to scrap. I miss seeing your pages. How are the girls settling in?

Chantelle - have fun at the zoo! I want to see some pics. I'm trying to stay out of those stores as much as I can. keeps me out of trouble

With cameras, we have 2 digital actually - 1 we refer to as my diamond engagement ring. I'm one of those silly women who don't like much jewelry, especially big rings. (I know, what am I thinking????) So anyway, when we were getting engaged DH & I decided to purchase together a nice digital camera with some lenses, flash, tripod, etc. The whole kit & caboodle as our gifts to each other. It's the Canon EOS5. Super expensive, but takes amazing pictures. Now for a more economical choice, we purchased this Canon - Powershot ELPH for MIL for Christmas a couple of years ago. It's super easy to use, lightweight and takes good pictures. It also has rechargeable batteries, so it saves the cost of buying replacement batteries all the time. We bought an extra battery so we always have one charged.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
June 3rd, 2011, 09:20 AM
Quote:
I'm still focusing on unpacking for the most part. I have all my scrappy stuff unpacked, but no storage at ALL so it's all sitting on the desk. I don't even know where anything is. I'm redecorating every room in my house, and it's quite expensive, but I LOVE it
Hooray for having all your scrappy stuff unpacked!! Hope you are able to figure out something for storage. It is amazing how much it costs to redecorate! I am hoping to actually start decorating our house as soon as the basement is done and I can unpack/put away all the stuff that is still in boxes. Need to see what I have before buying anything more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinX02 View Post
Doing great on my end. We just had our anatomy scan on Tuesday and found out we are having a boy. Still working on picking out names. Both kids are doing good. DS is teething and I think its either the top canines or molars and he isnt happy about it. He isnt fond of orajel either. lol
hooray for a little boy!!! Sorry your little one is teething. Josh finally seems to have hit a break in teething - was cutting 3 at once. He now has 3 on the bottom and 2 on the top. Some other teething ideas I have heard are unflavored beef jerky (the kind that is really hard to bite off and chew) and cutting a bagel in half and freezing that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssa&rylan's-mommy View Post
Everything's good here.. heading to the zoo today, the kids love it, but I'm sure I'll regret it at the end of the day. My hips and back will not thank me for this one.. I am going to stop at my LSS on the way though And maybe grab a Sizzix Texture Boutique
Have fun at the zoo!! And have fun at the LSS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyM View Post
With cameras, we have 2 digital actually - 1 we refer to as my diamond engagement ring. I'm one of those silly women who don't like much jewelry, especially big rings. (I know, what am I thinking????) So anyway, when we were getting engaged DH & I decided to purchase together a nice digital camera with some lenses, flash, tripod, etc. The whole kit & caboodle as our gifts to each other. It's the Canon EOS5. Super expensive, but takes amazing pictures. Now for a more economical choice, we purchased this Canon - Powershot ELPH for MIL for Christmas a couple of years ago. It's super easy to use, lightweight and takes good pictures. It also has rechargeable batteries, so it saves the cost of buying replacement batteries all the time. We bought an extra battery so we always have one charged.
I am not a jewelry wearer either! I wear my wedding ring and that is pretty much it. I don't like big rings either. So you are not alone!! LOL!! We will add that camera to our research list. Thanks!

Not much different here today....so far anyway.

June 3rd, 2011, 06:27 PM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyM View Post

My husband has this camera... I completely forgot about it. We LOVE it! It takes really good pics and a rechargeable battery is SO nice!

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
June 3rd, 2011, 09:10 PM
So, to reconfirm that I need a new camera, I got to the zoo and mine wouldn't turn on. Ugh! I still managed to get some pictures because I ran in and bought a disposable one from the gift shop, but now I need to wait for the film to be developed *sigh* All in all though, we had a great trip

And I did end up getting the Sizzix Texture Boutique, and it ended up being on sale for $23!
June 3rd, 2011, 09:27 PM
Quote:
My husband has this camera... I completely forgot about it. We LOVE it! It takes really good pics and a rechargeable battery is SO nice!
2 votes for this camera....definitely going to take a look at this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssa&rylan's-mommy View Post
So, to reconfirm that I need a new camera, I got to the zoo and mine wouldn't turn on. Ugh! I still managed to get some pictures because I ran in and bought a disposable one from the gift shop, but now I need to wait for the film to be developed *sigh* All in all though, we had a great trip

And I did end up getting the Sizzix Texture Boutique, and it ended up being on sale for $23!
Boo on your camera for not working! Glad you were able to get pics with a disposable though. Hooray for the new scrappy toy though!!! And double hooray for being on sale!! Can't wait to see what you do with it!!

Meeting my parents to pick up Kendra tomorrow. She isn't ready to come home yet, but has been there since last Thursday so I think it is time. Josh is really missing her. She said hi to him over the phone and he cuddled the phone. He has just been so bored without her here. Jason is missing her too - he is wanting her to go ride in the tractor with him. I'm missing her to of course. It will be nice to have her around to occupy Josh so that I can prepare for his birthday party.

Last edited by babyloves2dance; June 3rd, 2011 at 09:30 PM.
June 4th, 2011, 04:50 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Okay, I'm going to jump in again. I packed up all my scrappy stuff last night after only getting 1 of the cards I need this month done. I probably could have waited to pack it all, but I was a little overwhelmed deciding what could be packed first and what had to wait until later, and that was an easy thing to do. lol

and then I woke up this morning at not quite 4 and have been awake for the last 2 hours and am not appreciating it.

We recently got a new camera. It's a Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS8. I love it. We had the model from 4 years ago and the only reason we replaced it is because the mechanism that opened the shutter broke (I think it was from me dropping it, only it happened a day and a half later, so I don't ACTUALLY know if it was related). It doesn't use AA batteries, but we've never had a problem with the battery it comes with (except when I lost the charger for the last one...Matt bought a new one online for cheap and it came with and extra battery...and then we found the real charger...lol)

Random question for you ladies...where is the best place to buy vinyl for wall decals? We're going to paint the walls in our house ( ) soon, and I want to get decals up before furniture goes in (of course, that also means I need to buy and expression soon! )

Last edited by Brittanie; June 4th, 2011 at 04:53 AM.
June 4th, 2011, 07:43 AM
Kelsey, I'm the same way when it comes to Alyssa visiting her grandparents. I'm always ready for her to come home before she is, Rylan doesn't go for very long at a time, he doesn't like to be too far from me most of the time.

I've only ever bought vinyl at Wal-Mart, but I'm not sure if it's the best stuff or the best price, and I still haven't used it lol..

SO and I were supposed to go to a wedding today, but our sitter backed out, so unless I find someone else, we won't be able to go
June 4th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Brittanie - I'm going to miss seeing your pages and cards. I hope you are able to get your scrappy stuff moved and unpacked in time to do the rest of the cards you need for this month. Sorry about waking up early - I remember those days and how much I hated them! Hope you are able to catch a nap! I will add that camera to our research list. I haven't gotten any vinyl to use with my cricut yet, but my mom got a really good deal on vinyl on ebay.

Chantelle - Hope you are able to find a sitter so that you can go to the wedding! If I lived closer, I would volunteer.

June 6th, 2011, 05:29 AM
We were able to find a sitter and went to the wedding, it was beautiful!

I finally got my desk all set up with my scrappy stuff yesterday Makes it much easier to scrap.. Hoping to work on some at naptime today!
June 6th, 2011, 07:12 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Yay, I'm glad you were able to go to the wedding!

June 6th, 2011, 07:16 AM
Glad you were able to go to the wedding!! Hooray for a scrappy desk!!

Not much going on here except me not feeling well.

June 6th, 2011, 08:13 AM
Hope you feel better, Kelsey!

I can't wait to have our house built so I can have my scrapping room instead of just a desk

I have crazy heartburn today, worse than I've ever had before..
June 7th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
Hi girls! Sorry I've been so MIA from chats. I've been super busy with orders and trying to get the house ready for the surprise BBQ I'm throwing DH next weekend (18th). Sooo much to do in the yard! I got the deck fixed this weekend though so now I just need to power wash it, plant some flowers in the planters, fill in the pond, and trim a bush. Fun fun. I'm hoping after the bbq things will settle in around here and I can scrap more! I've had the urge to get caught up on pages for a while now, just haven't had the time.

I'll try to keep up in here from now on though! Congrats on finding out you're having a little boy, Robin, and Happy (early) 1st birthday to Josh!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart
June 7th, 2011, 12:52 PM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi ladies! I hope everyone is doing okay this week. With me, I'm staying busy at work & home lately. I'm hoping to have some scrapping time this weekend.

Good luck Carrie with the surprise BBQ.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search