July Monthly Project - Holiday Organizer!!

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 1st, 2011, 07:20 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Okay girls! Here it is!! (Sorry it is getting posted a little late this morning)

You will need to scroll about 1/3 of the way down the page to get to the Holiday Planner. She shows a couple of pictures of one and then has a video with the directions below that.

Here is the site: Craft Fairs---Part 4 - The Stamp Doc

This site has some great printable pages for this project. (It is the same one she lists under one of the pictures) You can choose whichever ones you want to use in your planner. Don't forget, you can also use envelopes as one of your choices (like she has in her video)!

Here is the site for the planner pages: Pocket Planner Forms | Organized Christmas

Once you have yours completed, share some pics of it here!! Have fun!!

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

Last edited by babyloves2dance; July 1st, 2011 at 01:18 PM.
July 1st, 2011, 09:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to GinaOfAllTrades
OMG! How stinking cute is that! I have some things to get done today (non-scrappy related ) So I will leave myself a note to remind me to look at this again.
July 3rd, 2011, 01:39 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Oh that looks neat! Hopefully I get a chance in the next couple of weeks!
July 3rd, 2011, 05:45 PM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a different system, but this is cute My system is recurring for every year and encompasses all the holidays but thats just whats easy for me

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
July 4th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Was going to pick up a folder to use for this yesterday when I went to pick up my kids and totally FORGOT!! Ahhh! Might have to see what the office supply store has tomorrow when I take Kendra to swimming lessons. Otherwise, I might have to adapt one of my many yellow folders I have around the house to try and make it work.

July 4th, 2011, 08:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to GinaOfAllTrades
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&K'sMama View Post
I have a different system, but this is cute My system is recurring for every year and encompasses all the holidays but thats just whats easy for me
I am interested in your system too. Can you take pics of it?
July 4th, 2011, 05:37 PM
It's not unpacked yet (my craft room is last to get unpacked of course and it was with that stuff), but it's not particularly crafty. I have a 3 ring binder with tab dividers. Each divider has a holiday on it. Behind that tab I have a bunch of clear paper protectors. The first page is a to do list... like things we do every year. Halloween we do a pumpkin patch, pumpkin painting, send out cards, etc. Halloween it has a list of costumes the girls have already been and then blank lines. Once I insert the page into the protector I can write on the protector ideas for that coming halloween costume. After halloween I erase the ideas off the protector and write their final costume on one of the lines on the actual sheet of paper. Behind Christmas I have lined paper with people's names on top. I can write on the protector through the year any ideas. Behind that I put that I put print outs of recipes or crafts I want to do... especially things they're too young for. It's a good way to keep track of them and not forget... like behind my saint patty's tab I have

Leprechauns Strike - Green Water at Steve Spangler Science

cause the kids are going to go nuts for it one day and I dont want to forget.

I write permenant things on the paper (like traditions and to do lists) and slip it inside the page protectors so I can write temporary things on top of the page protector (like check marks on the to do list and gift idea or pumpkin patches to look into).

Since Christmas is my last entry of the year I have a couple tabs behind it just because it's such a n elaborate holiday. The to do list is before the first tab along with a page protector with an envelope in it for receipts. The first tab is "gift ideas". The second is "recipes" the third is "crafts" and the last is "activities" (for like light shows or other things to go to). Now that I live in NC, I plan on adding a "travel" tab behind Christmas as well

I use a dry erase marker to write on the protector and alcohol to take it off, but check it before you commit, cause I use cheap markers from DH"s work

I THINK I know where it is, and I'll post a pic soon if I can get to the binder

It may not be crafty, but it keeps everything I need together in one place for me for the whole year. The first tab is "Birthdays" with a list of birthdates and line next to each person for a gift idea or card reminder, then "new years" (recipes like cabbage and corn bread, plus kid crafts), then "valentines", "st patty's", "easter", "mothers day", "memorial/veterans day" (crafts and a remindser to visit a vet clinic when they're older and make cards for vets, etc), "fathers day", "4th of July", "halloween", "thanksgiving" and "Christmas"

It was pretty easy to make but really helps, especially when I come across a craft my kids would really like but I'm no where near the holiday

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."

Last edited by C&K'sMama; July 4th, 2011 at 05:49 PM.
July 4th, 2011, 05:54 PM
Sounds like a great system Alycia!! Very organized!! Thanks for sharing it with us!! I love using page protectors with dry erase markers! That is what I use for my cleaning checklist!

July 4th, 2011, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyloves2dance View Post
Sounds like a great system Alycia!! Very organized!! Thanks for sharing it with us!! I love using page protectors with dry erase markers! That is what I use for my cleaning checklist!
thats how I came up with the idea to do it that way. I was told to do it with my cleaning list! The project is REALLY cute, but I like the long term binder, but I'm kinda a binder ADDICT.

Tags
christmas , monthly project , organizer , tutorial

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search