Solid Cardstock

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 18th, 2011, 07:48 PM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Okay, I know that I've challenged myself on this no-buying challenge while I use up what I have, but I do notice that I'm starting to run low on my solid cardstock. I have enough for now, but will need some if I continue pushing out these pages. It's been a few years (seriously that long), since I've purchased any cardstock beyond the Christmas paper pad from a couple of years ago.

So, where is the best price for this? Where do you buy your cardstock? I prefer a pack, instead of individual sheets as it's usually cheaper in packs.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
August 18th, 2011, 08:34 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
I buy boutique cardstock. I buy it as a local scrapbooking store or at Scrapbook.com I also like the kits at the the scraproom that way I get the patterned paper and the matching cardstock.

Cafe Club Monthly Scrapbooking Layout Kit Club at The ScrapRoom - www.scrap-room.com

August 18th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I've bought mine in stacks...usually from Joann's when they're on sale.

August 18th, 2011, 10:05 PM
Pupcake74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just found a big stack of card stock and honeslty I was thinking.....now how do I use this. Can someone please fill me in.....

August 18th, 2011, 10:51 PM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
Pupcake, I mostly use my cardstock for matting pictures (and sometimes even embellishments) to help them "pop" on a layout - especially if the main paper is a very busy patterned paper.

Also, I don't always journal in my own handwriting. As taboo as some scrappers think it is, I type and print some of my journaling.....and I always put that on white cardstock too.

Sometimes people will use a sheet of cardstock as their main paper and then use little squares of patterned paper to lay behind pictures, embellishments, and such.

Even Wal-mart carries cardstock pads! I usually buy them when they are 50% off at Michaels. Now, that I have a JoAnn's closer to my house, I'll probably get it there too when it's on sale or I have a good coupon.
August 19th, 2011, 12:29 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Joann's and Micheals just had big sales on scrapbooking stuff too. 40% off almost everything except martha stewart stuff. Course every week they have a 40-50% off one regular priced item so you might want to pick up a pack that way. I have way more patterned paper than I do solid sheets and am realizing that I need more. When I did exclusive CM albums I never needed the background piece I mounted everything to the page and went from there so plain cardstock wasn't as needed. Plain paper is kind of needed IMO. I do have plenty of none 12x12 sheets (8.5x11) so I am going to try to use that up for matting pictures and such before buying more paper.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

August 19th, 2011, 05:16 AM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I usually get my solid paper at Joanns or Target. I try to stay away from Walmart, but I've also gotten paper from there.

As for how I use it, I use it as a background or for titles. Actually, I use it for just about everything. Matting pictures, accents. You name it, I do it.

August 19th, 2011, 09:35 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have started buying all my solid cardstock online from Create For Less. I have been buying the Paper Accents Brand in packs of 25. Some of the 12x12 packs of 25 are as low as 31 cents per sheet and then they go up from there. They also have multi color packs.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

August 19th, 2011, 10:19 AM
Thanks ladies! I tend to do more of my pages on cardstock and use pattern paper on top. I guess that's why I'm going through it quick now. For matting, I typically use my smaller cardstock (8 1/2 x11) or my scraps.

August 19th, 2011, 10:42 AM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kelsey, I'm thinking you don't but do you have a Target or Walmart close by? I'm thinking you can get your solid stock at one of those places for like 0.15 per sheet. I am all about bargains, lol. I'm thinking a pack at Target is $8 and there's a lot of paper in it. I'll have to check next time I'm there.

August 19th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Pupcake74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for all the info ladies!

August 19th, 2011, 11:21 AM
PeanutandPiglet'sMom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to PeanutandPiglet'sMom Send a message via Yahoo to PeanutandPiglet'sMom
I just bought a "3lb. value scrap bag" at ACMoore for $9.99. It's got odds and ends ranging from 12x12 to 3x3!!! All solids.

August 19th, 2011, 12:22 PM
I'm all for finding bargains, and that's a great price Cindy. Target is a good price too, Amanda.

August 19th, 2011, 09:30 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalyn View Post
Kelsey, I'm thinking you don't but do you have a Target or Walmart close by? I'm thinking you can get your solid stock at one of those places for like 0.15 per sheet. I am all about bargains, lol. I'm thinking a pack at Target is $8 and there's a lot of paper in it. I'll have to check next time I'm there.
Nope....closest Target is like 3 hours away and the closest Walmart is 1 1/2 hours. I was thinking about this all day and knew that there was some 12x12 paper for less than what I had said so looked again when we got home and yep I was wrong. They have some 12x12 packs of 25 for $5.75 which is 23 cents a sheet.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

Last edited by babyloves2dance; August 19th, 2011 at 09:33 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search