Tuesday Technique/Tutorial 03/27/12 (a day late, again) - Packing Tape Transfer

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2012, 10:33 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Packing Tape Transfer - I've been wanting to try this technique for a while, ever since I seen it in my favorite magazine, Scrapbooks, etc.

Approximate time from start to finish: 10 minutes - could probably be done less, after you do the first one, it depends on how big the pic is and how long it needs to soak in the water. Some of the instructions I seen, also say you can do this under running water. That may be even quicker.

Difficulty: I'm going to say a 2-3. I was in a hurry, and didn't fully read the instructions so my attempt was a disaster. I will try again (hopefully tonight) and fully smooth the tape onto the pic. It also says now that I've re-read & re-watched the video to not use inkjet, but I thought I'd seen a tutorial before that it would work. I will try it with both types of images (inkjet & laser).

Suggestions: don't follow my footsteps and follow the instructions.

Here's a pic from Scrapbooks, etc. - a very cool layout with a cat. I love how the pattern paper shows through the pic.

Here's a couple of links to show you how to do this.

Easy Photo Transfers

ScrapTheWorld.TV Scrapbook Show: Image Transfer - YouTube

I hope to see some of you ladies try this cool technique!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!

Last edited by BeckyM; March 28th, 2012 at 10:45 AM.
March 29th, 2012, 06:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That is REALLY cool! If there's water involved I can see why an inkjet printer wouldn't work. Hmmmm......I may have to play with my color laser at work a little bit for this one.

March 29th, 2012, 09:51 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Super cool technique! I will have to find someone or somewhere that has a laser printeras I think both of ours are inkjets. I wonder if color copies from a copy machine would work?

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

Tags
technique , tuesday

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search