September Chat

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 14th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
The baby was born last night... practically at my scrapbook table. We named him Seth Joseph. The whole thing was very dramatic and I am pretty sure I scared a few years off my husband's life. But I am back home and just finished the page I was working on last night. Again my "woman's intuition" was completely wrong and his page is completely girly.

September 14th, 2012, 09:49 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
You know, it was all I could do after finding out Cora died not to waltz up to the hospital and demand that they give me a bed right then and induce me(they were legitimately full, it was Rexburg after all, and I got in the next morning). You sound so calm about the whole thing, I think I would be much more traumatized.

His name is beautiful. Seth means "appointed one" and Joseph means "God adds" I can't make it into a nice sentence, but I think both are very fitting.

((hugs))

September 14th, 2012, 10:36 PM
I was pretty calm. I have had three losses and I know that it does get better. No faith in it because it is something I KNOW. I was completely surprised by the baby coming, on a scale of one to ten it was a two in the pain scale. The hospital is an hour away and had we left when i felt the first cramp we still wouldn't have made it. (this is the real reason I get induced) HAd the placents come out and everything been OK, Wayne would to have drug me kicking and screaming out of the house. But alas the doctor had to go in for the placenta. I did avoid an emergency D&C but that did hurt a 6 & 7 on the pain chart. I stayed 12 hours at the hospital to be observed.

Seriously had I not wanted him to look good for his picture I would have just left it alone. It was very important to me that he be here with us and buried in the back yard with the other babies.

Thank you on the complements on his name, had Scarlett been a boy her name would have been Seth. Wayne and I have liked it for a long time.

To get all religious on you all, we where very surprised the baby died because when we prayed about him, we were always comforted that everything was fine and God was in control of this one. Even after finding out he died we are still feeling very comforted and peacful about what happened, very sad but peaceful.

September 15th, 2012, 04:04 PM
You know, I understand the sad but peaceful part. That's how it feels for me.

So, another subject: the other problem with printing your own pictures, running out of ink. And since I have no money until Wednesday, I can't get more. So...looks like I'll have to start cutting my fabric.

September 15th, 2012, 08:34 PM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
(((Hugs))) Nicole. I don't know what else to say, just that I'm so sorry. I love the name to, very beautiful.

Brittanie, It is a pain running out of ink. That happens to me a lot and it's so frustrating. What are you getting ready to make now, you mention cutting fabric?

AFM today, I'm exhausted from the job fair I handled today. We have close to 120 people show up so we were very busy. I have another job fair on Monday to, so I expected to be just as exhausted that evening to. The high number of applicants showing up is great for the recruitment, but means it's going to be pretty crazy for me for a while at work. We're pretty busy tomorrow to, friends at the park with the boys in the morning and a bday party in the evening. Hopefully while DH watches a game or 2 and Mark naps I will have a little scrappy time tomorrow. That's my plan though. I hope everyone else is enjoying their weekend, and getting some scrappy/crafty time in.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
September 16th, 2012, 05:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyM View Post
What are you getting ready to make now, you mention cutting fabric?
Maybe for the #3 challenge? But then again we never know with Brittanie, she's such a crafty lady

I'm sorry to hear how tired you got from your job fair Becky and knowing you have another one on Monday plus going thru all the apps later, scheduling interviews, orientations, training, etc...makes me tired just thinking about it. I really do hope you can pull off some scrappy time in there somewhere.

Nicole, I'm so sorry for your loss. You & DH chose a beautiful name. I am happy to hear that you are doing well and that there were no complications in the whole process.

AFM, we had a long market day yesterday...a small even downtown called Taste of Harvest which covers about 5 city blocks full of events. We didn't do as well as we had hoped at our booth, but we didn't do bad.

I still have lots to get done for my mom...need to plan a get together for her here and plan a service for her in October. The one in October will be in Wyoming, most of her family lives there and her dad is buried there and she wanted to be with him. So my brother, who lives in Ohio, and I (here in Washington) will be trying to pull this one together from long distance. I've never been thru an entire funeral or a memorial service before so I have some research to do. I also want to go thru a ton of pictures (of course hardly any are in photo albums) and get a bunch of mom printed off to make a small album using the piano hinge tech Tuesday from awhile back. No real scrapping with embellishments but most likely matting to help the pics stand off the pages since those will be patterned, maybe print her obit and put it in there so it can be unfolded, possibly a poem at the end that was given to me, put a title on the front and let family know I can make basically the same for them if they want. It sounds fairly easy to pull off, but I think finding, scanning & editing the pictures will be the hardest parts. Wish me luck. Overall I think I'm doing pretty good emotionally, I haven't "lost it" yet, but know it's coming.

Sad stuff over. I hope everybody gets a chance to get some sort of scrappy time in over the weekend....or what's left of it anyway.

September 16th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyM View Post
Brittanie, It is a pain running out of ink. That happens to me a lot and it's so frustrating. What are you getting ready to make now, you mention cutting fabric?
Dresses for my sister's wedding in October. She told me years ago that she'd want Erin to be a flower girl when she got married, but (as they tend to do when you actually have a man in the picture) plans changed and they're going a bit more casual now and aren't really having a wedding party. But dang it, Erin's going to look like a flower girl anyway! Then I have a dress for Allison, a shirt/skirt for me and a vest for Patrick to make since she "just kinda wants everyone to coordinate"

Here's the fabric

September 16th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Brittanie your dresses are going to be so pretty. I have the stuff to make a few dresses for Scarlett but I am scared to start. If I don't hurry I'll need to make them for Tessa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica C View Post
Nicole, I'm so sorry for your loss. You & DH chose a beautiful name. I am happy to hear that you are doing well and that there were no complications in the whole process.
I just left out all the exciting details. As for staying calm, I was completely hysterical after the the other three loses but now Wayne and I are in a much better place emotionally and we have two rainbow babies. Knowing they were worth the heartache and that it isn't the end of the world just a very sad sad time. I think it helps that i have a baby still.

Scrappy wise I am getting a lot done. I have liek 17 pages done and it is the 16th. It makes me feel better.

ETA: you know I am not one for feeling behind or complaining that i am behind but... I have a small 2 up album that i keep my groupings of pictures in that i am planning to scrapbook. Well when i put all my new pictures away IT IS NOW FULL! I am not sure what to do, either scrap faster or take less pictures of mt kids? Maybe if they were not so darn flipping cute!

Last edited by Happy Song; September 16th, 2012 at 11:23 AM.
September 16th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Oh Brittanie about being out of ink... If your out of color you can try printing B/W prints. I also have discovered that you can print pretty decent on the lighter colored Bazzil with the canvas texture.

September 16th, 2012, 03:22 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nicole - That would be scary! Seth Joseph is a beautiful name! I'm sure you will get "caught up" on all those pictures pretty quickly! Those are some wonderful suggestions for printing pictures at home! I will have to remember them if I ever start printing pics at home.

Brittanie - Sorry you are out of ink. I hope you are able to get some more on Wednesday. Those are very pretty fabrics you have chosen for your outfits for your sister's wedding! Can't wait to see them when they are finished!

Becky - You sound super busy!! I hope things calm down for you soon!!

Jessica - Sorry the market didn't go quite as well as expected. I hope all the planning you and your brother have to do yet for your mom goes smoothly!

AFM - Don't think I am going to make my 5 page goal this week. Wednesday I spent all day prepping to work cows. Thursday I spent all day working cows, Friday I spent all day recovering from working cows (man was I sore and tired!). 4:00 pm Friday, my FIL messed up the hay grinder (which we needed to feed our newly weaned calves). So Saturday (a day Jason and I were planning on a day trip without the kids) Jason was trying to fix the hay grinder....if he could find parts on a weekend, and I went to the town 1 1/2 hours west of us to pick up a part for the tractor that we will be drilling wheat with. Luckily DH was able to find part for and fix the hay grinder. However, his dad is now throwing one of his tantrums. Hoping to go downstairs and do some scrapping this evening if I can. Need to make a few more sympathy cards and would like to get Kendra's art display project done.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

September 16th, 2012, 04:41 PM
So what does it mean to work cows?

I hate it when our stuff breaks. My hubby is usually very good at fixing things too. I think most my life is held together by duct tape and bailing wire.

On a happy note the weather cooled way off.

September 16th, 2012, 06:48 PM
A couple times a year we run the cows and their calves through to give them routine vaccinations to keep them healthy. Everything we do to them I keep on paper (which makes for a lot of bookwork, but people know 100% what they are buying when they purchase our cattle). In the spring, working cows also includes branding the calves (as there are people around who try to steal them). And in the fall, working cows for us includes putting a yellow plastic flap in their noses, for a week and a half, to help wean them from their mothers. We do this to help keep our cows and our pastures in good condition. For us, working cows consists of a crew of 7-15 people (depending on the time of the year). So on top of working the cows, I also get to supply lunch and drinks for everyone.

September 16th, 2012, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Song View Post
Oh Brittanie about being out of ink... If your out of color you can try printing B/W prints. I also have discovered that you can print pretty decent on the lighter colored Bazzil with the canvas texture.
Nope, I'm out of black. Which ruins everything. I'm getting a lot of other projects done though!
Happy Song likes this.

September 17th, 2012, 07:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Song View Post
I might have to try that....it's sounds really interesting. I've read thru other posts that you've been finding some "treasures" that you've lost....YAY for finding new/old tools

Kelsey, sometimes the prep & finish work is harder than the actual job itself. I hope you were able to get some you time in and relax a bit as well. Aren't those "man tantrums" awful?

Becky, I know you're busy sweetie *HUGS*

Brittanie, you are so crafty! That fabric for the dresses is beautiful! I can't wait to see them done!

AFM, I actually exercised today...it's been over 2 weeks. I also got a little bit of the family room cleaned up yesterday. It's time to try and get our house back to some sort of normal.

September 17th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Jessica - Hooray for getting some exercising and cleaning in yesterday!!

AFM - No scrappy time yesterday. Only got 2 of my 5 pages done for the week. Hopefully LOAD will help me catch back up. Yes Jessica, Man tantrums are the worst! I'll be trying to get back on schedule today (that includes an hour of scrappy time.....after my date with Jillian Michael's 30 day shred...LOL!)

September 17th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Oh Kelsey I hate Jillian Micheals. I think her and I are going to start visiting together again on Nov 1st.

September 18th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi all! I've got a busy day planned. Not only do I NEED to get some work done today I've got errands to do coming out of my ears! Not to mention a ton of phone calls to make to friends & family about the 2 services we are holding for mom (the local one is just a potluck get together this Sunday and the one in Wyoming in October will be more formal). Got flights booked last night for Wyoming (Seattle to Denver, meet up with brother & drive to Cheyenne)....we decided that being cramped in a car for 4 days with a 3 yo wasn't worth saving a couple hundred dollars I'm not going to do it today because there's already too much to do but I'll be going to get several photo albums....I figured since I need to go thru a bunch of loose pics I might as well put them in something at the same time.

Hoping everyone gets some scrappy time in soon!

September 18th, 2012, 07:18 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi ladies! I'm surviving over here, but still pretty tired. We received close to 100 applicants yesterday and over 100 on Saturday during our 2 job fairs. And we've received another 400+ applicants online and ad is still open another few days. whew.. .I'm exhausted just thinking of what's ahead to. But beyond that, I look forward to catching back up with everyone & hopefully getting some scrappy time in.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
September 19th, 2012, 04:46 PM
So I am just absolutely not wanting to wear maternity clothing, so yesterday and today I squeezed my butt into my prepreggo jeans. OMG today was so bad I bought two new pair of jeans at Walmart and changed into them before leaving the store. The good news is they are only one size bigger than my old jeans, but still...

As for scrapbooking... I'll have time tonight but I am not sure what I will do? I still have three page maps pages and a few challenges to do but nothing screaming my name "NICOLE SCRAP ME"

Beau finally got his first hair cut. I miss my curly haired baby boy. He looks a lot older. Yesterday we had his vision checked and he is blind as a bat. I hope once he can see things improve for him.

September 20th, 2012, 07:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Nicole, I'm sorry Beau's not seeing clearly...get him some glasses and he'll flourish I can understand the butt squeezing....but won't say anymore for fear of tmi.

Becky, I know you took work home yesterday and that makes me sad that you're so busy you have to work at home instead of having quality time.

AFM, it's been 2 weeks since mom passed and it still feels like yesterday, but I'm getting thru it. Our air quality SUCKS right now with all the fires we have going on. We live in a small valley and there are 5 large fires (and several small ones that aren't even being fought) all around us so our valley is filled with smoke (has been for about 10 days) that they don't expect to clear up anytime soon. The fires, as of a report yesterday morning which I'm sure was from the night before, has the fires buring over 22,000 acres and on an average of 70% contained (altho last nights paper didn't show it that high ). The air is so bad that they are comparing it to living in LA for a year and smoking for a lifetime....it's got the Washington state air quality index maxed out and I think the national indes is pushing the upper limits as well. We've got ash falling!! Needless to say, we aren't doing much outside right now. I do have a few errands to do but they will be as quick as possible, we'll be away from the house for a couple/three hours but very little of it will be outside...just going from car to building & back. I don't seem to be showing any effects, but DH is starting to have some sinus issues since he has to work in it and being a typical man won't wear a mask because the rest of the guys at work will tease him and Jaylen's eyes are starting to water and her nose is starting to run. She's been really sad lately and other than early this morning she's been waking up crying in the middle of the night for the last week (obviously not part of the fires, but I'm sure it has to do with sadness) which waking up is REALLY odd for her. She's woke up more this last week than she has since she was a month old and sleeping thru the night. When I ask her what's wrong and why she's sad she just mumbles and I can't understand her, so I give up after a few tries and try to divert her attention to something else. I need to "try" and catch up on house cleaning today (haven't done any for awhile) so I doubt I'll have scrappy time today...but I'm going to do my darndest to sneak a page in tomorrow.

Have a Scrappy Thursday!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search