September Chat

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 1st, 2012, 03:35 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't believe that it is already September!!! Where in the world did August go???

How is everyone doing? Any big plans for Labor Day?

We worked cows yesterday. My mom came out to watch the kids for us since my In laws were gone. They went home with her for the weekend, so DH and I are relaxing this afternoon and watching some good ole Nebraska Huskers football.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

September 1st, 2012, 03:52 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
Time flies when your having fun Kelsey!

So I have been quiet lately, well at least on the chatting. My A/C broke last week and it is dead, gone we need to buy a new one. Since it is still over 100 degrees here that was so not working for me. DH bought me a window A/C so at least my room (and scrap area) are habitable. I was just so grumpy and hot.
September 1st, 2012, 05:47 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I'm here. Taking a break from the blanket, my hand is starting to cramp. Yay for scrappy stuff! I'm excited for this month.

September 3rd, 2012, 04:17 PM
Nicole - So sorry your a/c quit! Especially after you found that freon and your DH put so much work into it! Glad that you at least have a window a/c unit!

Brittanie - Can't wait to see the blanket!! Sorry your hand was cramping. I hate when that happens!

AFM - Our computer has been super slow and occasionally crashing for like the last month and a half. Every time we get ready to call the internet company it seems to speed up enough to make us think that the problem has been fixed. We finally said enough is enough and called them. Turns out that our radio and firmware is really old which is making the internet slow. They are supposed to be out tomorrow to replace it! So hopefully tomorrow I will have faster internet and will be able to be on more! I let my mom take the kids back with her after she drove all the way out here to watch them Friday while we were working cows. I was hoping she would keep them away from my cousins as their family has been sick. Nope, the kids all got together and played. Now Kendra is starting to sound nasally and doing a bit of coughing. I'm really hoping it is just allergies! DH is already mad about the situation and he is just going to get 100 times worse if he ends up getting sick. I've also been dealing with a runny/stuffy nose and drainage since about Saturday. So the other possibility is that I picked up a bug while I was in town last week and Kendra has caught it from me. Who knows. It's just that time of year already and we are bound to get sick sooner or later.

September 3rd, 2012, 06:05 PM
Well, I crashed at 9:30 yesterday so no scrapping happened. I'm hopeful for this evening. I finally got Allison to the point where I can just put her in her crib when the the others go to bed and she goes to sleep (as oppose to having her fall asleep in my arms), so I have a little more time in the evenings.

I spent all day today washing dishes by hand, since my dishwasher decided to conk out. Sad thing is, that was just the dishes in the sink. I still have a dishwasher full of dirty dishes. ARGH!

But I'm scrapping today.

September 4th, 2012, 02:50 PM
I am getting some scrappy time tonight!

Page maps did not update on the first so I need to get on over there adn she what is going on this month. I have big goals!

Today I'll sketch my page maps and move them over here and maybe pick out paper and pictures. Then tonight after my kids are in bed I can scrap! I should get to scrap tomorrow too.
September 4th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Brittanie - I am jealous!! Josh still hasn't hit the point that we can lay him down and he goes to sleep. Actually he has reverted to wanting held to go to sleep. We don't hold him though, instead we are back to putting him in his bed and then laying on the floor next to his bed. He eventually gives in. I can't wait until he can just be put in bed and fall asleep on his own! So sorry about your dishwasher!! I hate hand washing dishes!! I hope you are able to get your dishwasher fixed or replaced soon!!

Nicole - Hooray for scrappy time tonight!!!

AFM - Well, thanks to a bunch of trees by the lake starting on fire, my internet didn't get fixed today. The guy that does the repairs is on the fire department and has been fighting the fire off and on since about noon yesterday. DH was there helping too from 3 pm yesterday until about 3 am this morning as our department got called to help. I am soooooooo hoping he makes it out to fix the internet tomorrow!! I swear it is getting slower every time we get on and it is starting to crash more. Spent all morning and most of the afternoon cleaning our office. I didn't want the internet guy to see our disaster of an office. I did go down and get 1 page done this afternoon. Tomorrow I will be assembling my DD's headboard and desk and working on rearranging her room while she is at school.

September 4th, 2012, 11:44 PM
So, they can't get a guy to fix the dishwasher until Friday. I bought disposable stuff.

So my church is having a fall social and I got put on the committee to help plan it. And since a couple other people on the committee have kids in the nursery, they've seen my nursery bulletin board, so I got volunteered to make the poster to advertise to everyone else. I'm kind of excited about it, actually.
Happy Song likes this.

September 5th, 2012, 07:16 AM
Brittanie - Boo on the dishwasher not getting fixed till Friday. I'd go with disposable stuff too. How exciting about being volunteered to do the bulletin board for the fall social!!

September 5th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Brittanie: How exciting about the fall social. I took the kids to church on SUnday all by myself. I bought a used double stroller and it worked like a charm. It was the first time I ever left Beau in Nursery. His teachers are never there. I made him a weighted shirt out of an old understhirt of Scarlett's and wrote on ink, "Do not feed" on it. Even though I had been to church it was the first time I had been in relief society as someone was sitting with Scarlett in her classes (after she ran out of class and he teacher didn't bother to catch her or tell anyone she left and she was found trying to get out the doors) and with Beau in his nursery.

AFM: So hot... my house is trashed and it is too hot to clean. I have no energy and heat is bad for my morning sickness and my blood pressure. All I want to do is lay on my bed infront of my A/C. Of course DH is working all day and then going straigh to school so I'll see him again aroound 10 tonight. I know tomorrow he'll be too tired to help much on his day off. Of course my kids are all full of energy and are tearing the place up and stir crazy because tehy are all couped up.

Kelsey: Good luck getting the internet fixed. Ours was having issues staying on and i had just decided to call and get a new modem sent out and it hasn't been much of an issue. But then again I haven't used the lap top in the computer hutch and no little fingers are messing with it. There are a lot of little fingers here.
September 5th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Nicole, I can't believe her teacher did that! That's awful.

Grocery shopping day and Patrick woke up in meltdown mode. Ugh.

September 5th, 2012, 09:30 AM
Yes that happened after the first of the year and of course they took her to Wayne and he FLIPPED and refused to take her to Sunbeams for a very long time.

I hope you can distract Patrick for shopping.
September 5th, 2012, 12:06 PM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi ladies! Sorry for being MIA for a few days. We took a road trip over the holiday weekend out to Ohio to visit BIL & his family. We don't like to post when we're gone away from the house, so just now posting about it. (We like to just to be on the safe side to try to avoid house break-ins.) We had a good visit, went to the Columbus Zoo while we were there which Mark loved. He also enjoys seeing his cousin Hannah and baby Iain too. We drove back yesterday & I got some scrappy time in last night. yay! I'm hoping that's a good sign for the rest of this month and I get lots more pages done.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
September 5th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Nicole - I can't believe Scarlett's teacher didn't go after her that time! Glad she didn't make it outside. Glad church with the 3 little ones went well! I hope you get some relief from the heat soon!

Brittanie - I hope Patrick makes it through grocery shopping okay.

Becky - Glad you had a good trip! And Hooray for getting some scrappy time in too!!

AFM - Sounds like the firemen are still out off and on working on that tree fire by the lake. So I am guessing the internet guy won't be out today. Hopefully he makes it out by the end of the week. This slow internet is sooooo annoying! I want to start assembling the kids headboards and desks, but want to okay it with DH. I opened the first box (headboard) and one of the pieces has a flaw in the finish. It's not going to bother me where it isn't a scratch, but DH might be picky enough to send it back. He might also dislike that it isn't a fully covered composite (has the bare backside to it). I think he was thinking that it would be more like our office desk kind of composite (all sides have a coating on it, no bare composite exposed).

September 7th, 2012, 12:18 PM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kelsey, I hope you get your internet fixed soon. Slow connection is a pain.

AFM, even with a short work week, I'm so exhausted from work this week. Other then that, everything is okay. I'm looking forward to relaxing this weekend.

So does anyone else have plans for the weekend?

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
September 7th, 2012, 01:46 PM
No plans here. Still no one out on the internet. Luckily today the connection is a little bit faster than it has been. Next week is looking like it is going to be super busy! DH is going to a farm show Tuesday and while he is gone I am going to try and get the weight machine disassembled over in the old house, moved into the workout room of the new house, and reassembled before he gets home. I want to surprise him with it as he has been wanting to get it over here for the last 2 years now. Wednesday I will be prepping a meal for Thursday. Thursday we are working cows again. And I am sure Friday will be spent cleaning up the mess. We were supposed to work cows on Monday, but found out after we had all the plans set, that DH's parents weren't going to be around to watch the kids (this is after they had told us that it would work that day). They have also been offering to take the kids for a few days so that I could go to the farm show too.....come to find out yesterday that they were offering but not planning to be home which wouldn't work at all since Kendra has school. I'm really getting tired of having to make plans around them and them always offering to watch the kids but then not being able to because they are gone. Sorry about that....vent over. I got Kendra's headboard built and her room rearranged the other day and her new desk assembled today. Just got Josh down for a nap, so I think I am going to go scrapbook for a while. I have an idea for the Page Maps sketch #4. Going to go see if it works.

September 7th, 2012, 09:46 PM
Kelsey: I cannot believe you have an idea for that sketch! I have two set ups done for that sketch in hopes one of them will work.

AFM: We went to teh country fair tonight. OMG it was 104 today and a cold front came through and as we were driving home at 10pm it was SIXTY FOUR DREGREES! so i went through all the freaking animals with no allergy medication on board and sneazing my head off... I didn't wet myself until the car on the way home! SO we went into the display building and and when we came out it was pouring and Wayne went to get the car for us We were out for THREE hours with all the munchkins straped into strollers and nobody cried! and nobody fell asleep on the way home either.
September 7th, 2012, 11:03 PM
Nicole, sounds like a really successful day with the kids!

I wanted to scrapbook, but I got my FIL's card made and my brain conked out. *sigh* Tomorrow morning my church's women's group is having a crafty day, but since I work in the nursery I didn't see the craft display to sign up for any of it (I'm really disappointed that nobody told me about the display/brought me the signup). I'm going anyway to see if they have any extras and things, and to just have some lunch with the ladies and no kids!

September 8th, 2012, 04:17 PM
I got my page done for sketch #4. Had to change pictures as I thought the one I wanted to use was a horizontal 5x7...but it wasn't. So I went with a portrait 4x6 instead. I also tried out a new technique on that page. I thought it turned out pretty good. Internet still isn't fixed. GRRRR. They are getting a not so happy call on Monday. I'm thinking of even asking for a refund for service from the 31st of August (when we called about the problem) until whatever day they finally decide to get out here and fix the problem. Looks like it is time for me to get off of here as Josh is starting to complain.

September 8th, 2012, 11:24 PM
So we went to the fair and we got very few decent picture. I will have to scrapbook that event with photos of the back of my children's heads! and maybe a stray pigs booty to boot.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search