A picture of you

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 2nd, 2012, 02:03 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know we've done this before, but it has been a while. I also know that quite a few of you have your picture in your siggy or avatar.

Let's see a picture of you! If you are not comfortable posting this, that is fine. If you want to post a pic of your family and/or your kids too that is fine too.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

October 2nd, 2012, 02:30 PM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'll have to see if I have any recent ones with me in the pic. I'm usually the photographer.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
October 2nd, 2012, 03:00 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Yeah, I'm usually behind the camera too! Here's the most recent one of me.

And my favorite pic of me *ever.* This was taken in Yellowstone the summer of 2006. I think Yellowstone was our solace after Cora died.

October 2nd, 2012, 03:38 PM
Mine isn't recent either as I also don't have many with me in them where I am the one behind the camera too. (And I don't know as if I have ever got around to posting a picture of me on one of these threads..hmmm.)

Here is our family picture from November 2010

October 2nd, 2012, 06:28 PM
Kelsey, I don't know if I've ever seen a picture of you before! That portrait turned out so nice!

October 2nd, 2012, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittanie View Post
Kelsey, I don't know if I've ever seen a picture of you before! That portrait turned out so nice!
After thinking about it today, other than a few pictures on a few pages that I have done, I don't think I have ever posted a picture of myself on here.

That picture is by far my favorite family photo!! For as bad of a day as that day (that we got them taken) was, we got quite a few nice pictures! We got a really cute one of the kids laying on the floor with their noses together (one I practically had to beg the photographer to take - she only wanted to take ones of the kids looking at the camera). We also got a nice one of the kids sitting too.

October 3rd, 2012, 05:04 AM
Beautiful pictures ladies!!

Brittanie - Yellowstone is on our list of wanting to see, and that pic of you with the waterfall behind you makes me want to see it even more.

Kelsey - That is an amazing family portrait!!

I'm browsing through photobucket now and/or facebook to see if I have any recent pics of me. I know have some of the wedding ones, but that's almost 6 years ago.

October 3rd, 2012, 05:29 AM
MusicMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a similar problem that I am usually the photographer..... I think we all need to attempt to be in at least one picture at each event.... My husband is alway saying he needs to get better about taking the camera away from me.... I will look more today for one

October 3rd, 2012, 05:30 AM
I agree, Kristy, I think we all should attempt to be in more pictures.

Here's one from last Christmas with Mark. I look like I have a huge poofy head. Mark was playing with the top of the hat right before Tony took the pic.

I'll look through my computer at home and post a more recent pic.

Last edited by BeckyM; October 3rd, 2012 at 05:33 AM.
October 3rd, 2012, 08:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I too am the one behind the camera 99% of the time. I do have this page I scrapped from June of this year....obviously has more than just me in it. It's not very clear....I'll try to remember to see if I can find another one.

October 3rd, 2012, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyM View Post
Brittanie - Yellowstone is on our list of wanting to see, and that pic of you with the waterfall behind you makes me want to see it even more.
It's amazing. I really really really miss being able to just hop over there any time we feel like it. Rocky Mountain National Park is nice, but it just doesn't have the same draw for us.

When you do make it up there, make sure you see the Tetons too. You've seen my pictures of Jenny Lake?

((this is just a couple weeks post-partum with Cora, so I still have some of my pregnancy puffiness))

October 3rd, 2012, 09:03 AM
MusicMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jessica I love that heart on your page..... I might have to play around with that idea if that's ok

October 3rd, 2012, 09:08 AM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
My aunt died when she was 39 of a heart attack (which just happens to be how o;ld I am now) After she died there were no pictures of her! So I am very careful to take pictures of me and I have gotten pretty decent at self shots not even using a mirror.

So because we are all friends here is one of me today... Not the best picture ever, I generally like my avatar pictures though.

October 3rd, 2012, 09:26 AM
Great picture, Nicole!!

Brittanie - I love your pics of Jenny Lake and am writing down all these recommendations to.

October 3rd, 2012, 09:49 AM
We went to Yellowstone on our honeymoon. It's definitely a place we would like to see again! Maybe when the kids are a little older and a trip farther than the Black Hills would be a little easier. Never made it to the Tetons though. Will definitely have to add that to the list of places to go.

Nicole - Great pic and a great reason for us all to take more pics with us in them!

Everyone has such wonderful pictures!!

October 4th, 2012, 06:47 AM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
Just leaving to take the kids to school so i'll post and then come back and comment

these were from last weekend, some of you may have seen on facebook there are a bunch there

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

October 4th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Great pictures, Tamara!!

October 4th, 2012, 08:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Great pictures everybody!

Nicole, I totally hear you about the "need" to take more pictures because you just never know. I'm working on that photo album of mom and she was never much one for pictures and I didn't take a lot of them of her over the last 3 years because she hated so much. Now I wish I had taken more

October 4th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
Brittanie, those are great pictures. I love your hair colour. You have some beautiful places around you.

Kelsey you have a beautiful family. I have never seen a picture of you before, red really suits you.

Becky that is an adorable photo of you and Mark, You two look like you were having so much fun.

Jessica that is an awesome page!! Great picture of you. you look so young.

Nicole I think that is a great picture, I like that you take pictures of everyday moments like that and include yourself in them. I don't do that nearly enough. Scarlett looks so much like you.

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

October 5th, 2012, 06:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamaralynnb View Post
Brittanie, those are great pictures. I love your hair colour. You have some beautiful places around you.

Kelsey you have a beautiful family. I have never seen a picture of you before, red really suits you.

Becky that is an adorable photo of you and Mark, You two look like you were having so much fun.

Jessica that is an awesome page!! Great picture of you. you look so young.

Nicole I think that is a great picture, I like that you take pictures of everyday moments like that and include yourself in them. I don't do that nearly enough. Scarlett looks so much like you.
Thanks, Tamara....but I think I'm probably the oldest one here on our board. Yes, I will admit it....I turned 45 in August

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search