Diet tips and tricks

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Brittanie

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 3rd, 2012, 09:53 AM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
So have you ever done anything that really worked?

Me I lose weight on Weight Watchers... I am using an old plan circa 2008.

October 3rd, 2012, 10:12 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So far, counting calories is the only thing I have done. I lost almost 5 pounds doing that about 2 months ago. I think a lot of it was it made me watch portion sizes better. I also started using My Fitness Pal for a food journal and that helped me watch what I was eating a little better. I kind of fell off the bandwagon on that though. Need to get back on to it.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

October 3rd, 2012, 10:18 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm starting to watch what I eat, pack my lunch more for work, try not to have something like bread for more then 1 serving a day. Also trying to increase my fluid intake (water), and really really really just need to start exercising more.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
October 3rd, 2012, 10:22 AM
A tip from Fly Lady on getting that water in. set a timer for 15 min and take a drink every 15 min. I usually take 5 gulps which is about a cup. Do that 8 times and you are set. It also gets me off the internet every 15 minute to do something else too. Weither it be changing diapers or loading the dishwaher it keeps me from looking up and wondering where the day went.

I repurposed a 64 oz juice container for my water. Once it is done I get a treat AKA chocolate.

October 3rd, 2012, 05:39 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I've never had a problem drinking water.

Tracking calories really works for me, too, when I'm consistent with it. I was using another program, but switch to my fitness pal because their mobile app is free and the other one I was using was $7.99 for the app! And basically it's the same thing. Tracking my calories prompts me to NOT each the whole package of cookies, and to get up and be more active too.
BeckyM and Happy Song like this.

October 3rd, 2012, 08:33 PM
Dare I say it... Jillian Micheals 30 day shred works for me too. I HATE IT!

October 4th, 2012, 05:56 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Song View Post
Dare I say it... Jillian Micheals 30 day shred works for me too. I HATE IT!
I've heard alot of people say they hate it! What is it exactly? I've not tried that one.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
October 4th, 2012, 06:58 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The 30 Day Shred works for me too.....when I can get up enough motivation to do it and stick with it. It annoys the dancer in me that she doesn't do the same amount of reps on each side. I also don't like the warm up or cool down. Have to do my own. It hurts my knees too.

Becky - She has a system where she spends 3 minutes on cardio, 2 minutes on strength, and 1 minute of abs and repeats that a couple times. It's a tough workout that seems to work on lots of people and she gets a bit annoying (which are the 2 reasons I can think of that people don't like it).

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

October 4th, 2012, 08:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Staying within portion sizes and excercising regularly is what has worked for me. And water intake is a big one....but I've been HORRIBLE about drinking more water lately. And of course the last month or so hasn't been good for exercise or portions....just need to get back on track.

October 4th, 2012, 08:20 PM
I hate Jillian Micheals because I hate excersice. However I need her to count the reps. But she is so busy running her mouth. The one without the comentary is like nothing I could have muted it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search