Speaking of Food

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 3rd, 2012, 10:33 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Isn't this just the cutest thing?

Stuffed Peppers can be a nutritious meal too.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
October 3rd, 2012, 11:04 AM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
I like that... yum. Maybe we'll try that one stuffed peppers is one of our diet meals.

October 3rd, 2012, 11:21 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Super Cute!

But I don't like peppers. Actually Neither does my DH or either of my kids.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

October 3rd, 2012, 01:33 PM
DH & I do like peppers. Mark is so picky lately, so it's hard to say if he'll eat them or not.

October 3rd, 2012, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyM View Post
DH & I do like peppers. Mark is so picky lately, so it's hard to say if he'll eat them or not.
You haven't seen picky until you have seen Josh eat! He is even brand specific on some foods! (For example, he will only eat Banquet Chicken Fingers...he won't touch any other brand.) We are having a really hard time getting him to eat anything other than chicken fingers, hotdogs, pasta with a red sauce, pizza, pancakes, and fruit. I make sure to place whatever I fix in front of him and that's what he gets. I do give in at supper after we are all done eating because I don't want him to be hungry when he goes to bed (don't want him waking up hungry at night).

October 3rd, 2012, 03:48 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Kelsey, Josh sounds a LOT like Erin!!

and that pepper is so adorable. I really like stuffed peppers, but I'm the only one who would eat them.

October 4th, 2012, 05:36 AM
Josh is so funny. Mark loves his pb&j for lunch, but I don't want to feed him that 3 meals a day. He also loves his apples, and those turkey hot dogs. Cheese sometimes, yogurt usually, everything else is hit or miss. He's never liked mac & cheese, and even says no to chicken fingers. and it all changes from day to day. Yesterday morning, he asked me for some mini waffles. He ate 2 sets of those. Today he asks me, and eats 1 bite then pushes the rest of them away.

October 4th, 2012, 07:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That pepper is adorable....I don't like peppers, but I'd eat the stuffing

[QUOTE=babyloves2dance;26607521]You haven't seen picky until you have seen Josh eat! He is even brand specific on some foods! (For example, he will only eat Banquet Chicken Fingers...he won't touch any other brand.) We are having a really hard time getting him to eat anything other than chicken fingers, hotdogs, pasta with a red sauce, pizza, pancakes, and fruit. I make sure to place whatever I fix in front of him and that's what he gets. I do give in at supper after we are all done eating because I don't want him to be hungry when he goes to bed (don't want him waking up hungry at night).[/QUOTE]

Totally agree! We used to fix something different at dinner but figured we can't do that the rest of her life. We haven't had to give her something different lately....just find more creative ways to get her to eat. We usually end up saying she can have icecream for dessert if she eats "x" number of bites of this and "x" number of bites of that but that's only after she's already had some of her dinner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittanie View Post
Kelsey, Josh sounds a LOT like Erin!!

and that pepper is so adorable. I really like stuffed peppers, but I'm the only one who would eat them.
And Jaylen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyM View Post
Josh is so funny. Mark loves his pb&j for lunch, but I don't want to feed him that 3 meals a day. He also loves his apples, and those turkey hot dogs. Cheese sometimes, yogurt usually, everything else is hit or miss. He's never liked mac & cheese, and even says no to chicken fingers. and it all changes from day to day. Yesterday morning, he asked me for some mini waffles. He ate 2 sets of those. Today he asks me, and eats 1 bite then pushes the rest of them away.
Only sometimes likes cheese?? Jaylen would eat cheese all day long if I let her. She LOVES her yogurt and mac & cheese is her fave meal. She's so picky with her food tho....like Mark she'll eat a bite of something she's like several times before, push it away and say "I don't yite this".

Crazy kids!

October 4th, 2012, 08:14 AM
He used to eat cheese alot, now not as much. Same with yogurt.

October 4th, 2012, 08:13 PM
Mine are picky too. Scarlett is dialing for donuts or screaming for ice cream. she knows if she waits long enough I'll cook something she likes.

Beau is glutine and dairy free so that hampers that even more. He eats bacon, ham, and nuts in the protien area. He used to eat chicken nuggets until i bought glutine free ones. I have been making him look at what we are having for dinner adn with the new diet thing I have been working on making veggies. Tonight we had Zucchini, Crocked Neck Squash, and red bell pepper. Just to mix up the colors.

Tessa eats everything but so did Beau a year ago. bla i hate this phase.

October 5th, 2012, 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Song View Post
Tessa eats everything but so did Beau a year ago. bla i hate this phase.
That's part of why this is so frustrating to me, Mark used to eat everything and was a great eater. I know this is a phase, but it is frustrating. And trying to explain to MIL, who thinks I let him starve, is even more frustrating ...

October 5th, 2012, 07:23 AM
So i got this book called "what is eating your child" and it says that when we give in to the picky eating ie making them something special we actually make it worse! Since the whole of the book is about nutrcian issues it might not be for everyone but I would recommend it if you can get it from the library.

What's Eating Your Child?: The Hidden Connection Between Food and Childhood Ailments: Kelly Dorfman: 9780761161196: Amazon.com: Books

October 10th, 2012, 04:20 PM
So since Wayne is coming home late, and I fed the kids early here is what I made for dinner!

October 10th, 2012, 04:59 PM
Great job, Nicole!! I hope Wayne enjoys them to.

October 10th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Too cute!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search